Bournemouth vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Bournemouth vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by h69 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:07 am

Clayton wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:49 am
Bloody good result , think we were good enough for the win , but its a good draw away against a difficult team in more ways then one .. Yarmolenko looks to have started where he left off when he got injured , some player we have in him , and many wanted Antonio to start in his place at the beginning of the season , hate to say it but was Antonio's injury a godsend .Cresswell looks to be improving , lets hope so because he is a much better LB then Masuaku . Fornals looked good at times , probably his best so far , good to see Lanzini back ( we have a true star in him ) .Rice was outstanding and Noble was terrific , but we need to get a player next to Rice who can make those bursting forward runs from midfield , Noble canted do it , and Wilshere offers nothing . Anderson , what a dilemma we have in him , can go missing much like his passing for 75 minutes , yet he can win games for us in 15 minutes , but what would he have cost us if he was that consistent , we could never of afforded him .
Discussing behaviour the booing of Roberto , just shows the mentality of these so called supporters . Many wanted Howe as our manager , I for one never want to see him anywhere near us .
Both Masuaku and Creswell appear to be better players because they know now that one slip and they are out. Sad to say it but both were guilty of taking their places for granted. The beauty of having depth

Agree on Yarmolenko. he has a wand of a left foot and is quality. Mickey will always pick up injuries because he is built like a boxer but like to sprint like a 100m runner. The two dont go together for me. A good player to have as a sub for me.

As for Howe, his teams are dirty, like to bend the rules and are niggly and even nasty at times. I never wanted him either. No surprise that Pelle got the hump with his backroom team on Sat.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

h69

Post by h69 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:26 am

thomasswe wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:16 am
Reports are saying Fab is only our for 3 weeks. We need to score more goals now as I cannot see Roberto saving as many "should be" goals as Fab, although he handled the one-on-one with Wilson very well.

Thought Fornals looked a little better this time around, lot likely to start against palace but will certainly get off the bench at some point as he can cover all across the attacking midfield.
2-3 months.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:55 pm

h69 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:07 am
Clayton wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:49 am
Bloody good result , think we were good enough for the win , but its a good draw away against a difficult team in more ways then one .. Yarmolenko looks to have started where he left off when he got injured , some player we have in him , and many wanted Antonio to start in his place at the beginning of the season , hate to say it but was Antonio's injury a godsend .Cresswell looks to be improving , lets hope so because he is a much better LB then Masuaku . Fornals looked good at times , probably his best so far , good to see Lanzini back ( we have a true star in him ) .Rice was outstanding and Noble was terrific , but we need to get a player next to Rice who can make those bursting forward runs from midfield , Noble canted do it , and Wilshere offers nothing . Anderson , what a dilemma we have in him , can go missing much like his passing for 75 minutes , yet he can win games for us in 15 minutes , but what would he have cost us if he was that consistent , we could never of afforded him .
Discussing behaviour the booing of Roberto , just shows the mentality of these so called supporters . Many wanted Howe as our manager , I for one never want to see him anywhere near us .
Both Masuaku and Creswell appear to be better players because they know now that one slip and they are out. Sad to say it but both were guilty of taking their places for granted. The beauty of having depth

Agree on Yarmolenko. he has a wand of a left foot and is quality. Mickey will always pick up injuries because he is built like a boxer but like to sprint like a 100m runner. The two dont go together for me. A good player to have as a sub for me.

As for Howe, his teams are dirty, like to bend the rules and are niggly and even nasty at times. I never wanted him either. No surprise that Pelle got the hump with his backroom team on Sat.
Mickey,one of my favourite players...and until we signed Yarmo,was a def Starter for me when fit,
but your'e right,always said it, he's a a bit,well more than a bit musclebound,but surprisingly fast still.
thats a nightmare to mark and play against....he'd prob pick up less strains and pulls as a central
striker.
There's people that know far better than me...but should ease off the weights,if he's overdoing them..
0 x

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:49 am

mkhammer wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:55 pm
h69 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:07 am

Mickey,one of my favourite players...and until we signed Yarmo,was a def Starter for me when fit,
but your'e right,always said it, he's a a bit,well more than a bit musclebound,but surprisingly fast still.
thats a nightmare to mark and play against....he'd prob pick up less strains and pulls as a central
striker.
There's people that know far better than me...but should ease off the weights,if he's overdoing them..
I'm a big fan of Antonio aswell. With his physicality and somewhat random playstyle even the most technical defenders will have issues marking him. But likely his build will always be prove to injuries. Looking forward to having him back as he is a definite upgrade to our bench.

Really pleased with how quickly Yarmo has gotten back to form, after a lenghty spell out he had a few games that was off but now he looks like a threat to score every game.
1 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:01 am

thomasswe wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:49 am
mkhammer wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:55 pm

striker.
I'm a big fan of Antonio aswell. With his physicality and somewhat random playstyle even the most technical defenders will have issues marking him. But likely his build will always be prove to injuries. Looking forward to having him back as he is a definite upgrade to our bench.

Really pleased with how quickly Yarmo has gotten back to form, after a lenghty spell out he had a few games that was off but now he looks like a threat to score every game.
I like the effort and application Antonio usually puts in but, that said, he's seriously lacking in real quality and football intelligence. An on form and fully fit Yarmolenko is twice the player Antonio is. But he's a bloody good asset to have coming off the bench if things need shaking up. Not least because he can play as a central striker or out wide with equal effect.
2 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:44 am

I guess from the little I saw, and lack of reports to the contrary, that Fredericks had a pretty solid game and may be improving?
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:01 am

Mikeveep wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:44 am
I guess from the little I saw, and lack of reports to the contrary, that Fredericks had a pretty solid game and may be improving?
I think he has been in good form this season and is definitely improving and I think there is more to come. Just needed a run of games. As I said on another thread, we are too quick to cunt off players that are new to the PL but some take time and need a good run of games. Fredericks now looks nearer the player that won the player of the year at Fulham but is doing it at a level higher.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:21 am

h69 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:01 am
Mikeveep wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:44 am
I think he has been in good form this season and is definitely improving and I think there is more to come. Just needed a run of games. As I said on another thread, we are too quick to cunt off players that are new to the PL but some take time and need a good run of games. Fredericks now looks nearer the player that won the player of the year at Fulham but is doing it at a level higher.
For me has has always looked decent going forward but needs to improve the defensive side of his game. Mind you I could say the same about Kyle Walker.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

h69

Post by h69 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:27 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:21 am
h69 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:01 am

For me has has always looked decent going forward but needs to improve the defensive side of his game. Mind you I could say the same about Kyle Walker.
I think it is getting better with every game.

TBF...If he was excellent at both then he would not be with us.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:21 pm

I think Fredericks pace is what makes him good enough for the PL, technically and positionally he is decent but suspect, but few wingers beat him when it comes to pace and that alone is worth so much as a fullback.
0 x

Social Media