To all our Away Support.

Chat about anything football related here!
prince of wales

To all our Away Support.

Post by prince of wales » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:43 am

Following concerns expressed by many of our members we are putting the following statement out on Social Media.

Calling all West Ham’s Away Following.

The Club has appointed a committee to look into away games ticket distribution. Unfortunately this has been done without getting your direct views.

Suggestions made by those appointed have included removing away season tickets, ending priority points and entering everyone into a ballot for high demand games. There are also suggestions of bondholder abuse and the selling on of tickets.

Our away fans are our most loyal fans. It is unbelievable that these suggestions are being made without a survey of us.

There are genuine concerns about away ticket allocation that include the increased amount given as a priority to corporate, for example, and a lack of transparency as to how the allocations are made.

We urge you to have your say. For many of us travelling to and being at away games is a big part of our lives and there have been many hard earned miles.-And many thousands of pounds spent.

Sean Whetstone is running the survey.

It is worrying that the OSB are running this, it will be heavily biased as it's run from that site and not sent to the wider audience.

Sean has been asked to postpone the meeting to allow a greater canvassing of the fanbase and more fans to have their view but he has refused.

Please contact those running this survey to make your thoughts, whatever they are, clearly known. The survey does not reflect the concerns being expressed or allow for other questions. We suggest e mailing those appointed directly and copying to our e mail address below so we have a record and can publicise the findings.

If you go on the official site they have contact details for the OSB members

https://www.whufc.com/fans/osb/profiles

Sean Whetstone’s Email address is mrwesthamfootball@gmail.com

Hammers United Email is awaytickets@hammersunited.com

Thank you.

Hammers United Committee.

We are doing our best to improve things for West Ham Supporters.Please check out our website at www.hammersunited.com.
0 x

Whiskyman

Re: To all our Away Support.

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:42 am

If it's true that a few (hopefully only a few) away followers (they're not fans imo) booed certain players on Saturday maybe you'd be better spending your time ensuring they no longer receive tickets which otherwise would go to proper supporters who get behind the team.
2 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:03 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:42 am
If it's true that a few (hopefully only a few) away followers (they're not fans imo) booed certain players on Saturday maybe you'd be better spending your time ensuring they no longer receive tickets which otherwise would go to proper supporters who get behind the team.
A few ? the boos were audible as soon as he replaced the injured one...I thought it was some girly VAR protest but I was wrong...that was a 33 year old man being booed for doing his job by a load of day trippers - makes a mockery of singing bubbles (twice)
1 x

Rumford

Post by Rumford » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:35 pm

I never heard any booing....but to be fair I don't have a problem with it anyway.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:05 pm

Rumford wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:35 pm
I never heard any booing....but to be fair I don't have a problem with it anyway.
Sorry mate booing your own players is just downright fucking wrong. I wasn't at the game so I've got no idea if there was or wasn't any booing. Must admit I didn't hear any on the box watching it but some who were at the game say they heard it. I never heard any towards our own players all the years I went but if I had done I'd have been very tempted to give the booer a slap tbh. Plenty of cunting off, much of it deserved, but not booing.

Anyway, like I've said elsewhere it's a gay sounding thing anyway. ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

h69

Post by h69 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:56 pm

Rumford wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:35 pm
There was indeed booing. I think it is appalling.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:31 pm

A cross section of society...

You'll always get a couple of Airheads in a gathering of 1200.
0 x

Rumford

Post by Rumford » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:45 pm

I've heard most players get the bird from our fans...even Sir Trev at Notts County once in the early 80s.

I'm not one to mug off our own players....and I have come to blows about it before, but these days I cannot be asked with all that malarkey anymore.

The West Ham family gets more diluted game by game...

As some ugly bint called Esther once said...that's life
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:52 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:42 am
Getting booed after the start we have had this season? Must be just too much boo......ze !!
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

h69

Post by h69 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:23 pm

Rumford wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:45 pm
I've heard most players get the bird from our fans...even Sir Trev at Notts County once in the early 80s.

I'm not one to mug off our own players....and I have come to blows about it before, but these days I cannot be asked with all that malarkey anymore.

The West Ham family gets more diluted game by game...

As some ugly bint called Esther once said...that's life
I remember John Lyall getting fearsome abuse at Liverpool in what turned out to be his last game.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Social Media