To all our Away Support.

Chat about anything football related here!
Rumford

Re: To all our Away Support.

Post by Rumford » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:45 pm

John Lyall took awful stick for a couple of seasons...although paying good money for Sandy Clark and Steve Whitton is pretty inexcusable.

I remember Bonzo getting some howls in the early 80s.

Funny how Coffee is so loved now and for a good while he was public enemy no1.
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:49 pm

Rumford wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:45 pm

Funny how Coffee is so loved now and for a good while he was public enemy no1.
That used to keep me awake at night .
Used to worry me no end until I discovered Cocoa :lol:

I never thought Whitton was too bad tbh
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Rumford

Post by Rumford » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:50 pm

Steve Whitton was the most unfit player we ever bought....and used to make a joke of it.

Lived in Gidea Park next to a mate of mine at the time, used to need a lay down after putting the milk bottles out 😁

The days when players used to live in normal 3 bed houses and earnt under a grand a week.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:16 pm

h69 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:23 pm
Rumford wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:45 pm
I've heard most players get the bird from our fans...even Sir Trev at Notts County once in the early 80s.

I'm not one to mug off our own players....and I have come to blows about it before, but these days I cannot be asked with all that malarkey anymore.

The West Ham family gets more diluted game by game...

As some ugly bint called Esther once said...that's life
I remember John Lyall getting fearsome abuse at Liverpool in what turned out to be his last game.
So do I. Went beyond acceptable levels that night. But I maintain booing seems to be a more concerted effort. A few hundred, or even thousand, people cunting off a player with choice language for me still doesn't have the same negative vibe as the same number of people simultaneously booing.

Doesn't sound half as fucking gay either. ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:22 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:16 pm
h69 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:23 pm

I remember John Lyall getting fearsome abuse at Liverpool in what turned out to be his last game.
So do I. Went beyond acceptable levels that night. But I maintain booing seems to be a more concerted effort. A few hundred, or even thousand, people cunting off a player with choice language for me still doesn't have the same negative vibe as the same number of people simultaneously booing.

Touched on that on another thread....(Scouse game)

Difference here is the Player/Manager has had time to get it right/wrong...however we as fans
see it,thats about opinions...fair enough...but Booing as a group to guy before his even hardly
played for us...is simply wrong.
0 x

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:07 pm

My mate chased David Kelly around the car park at Upton park and would no doubt be doing life, if he'd have caught the weasel faced cunt. Perfectly acceptable in my book.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:04 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:07 pm
My mate chased David Kelly around the car park at Upton park and would no doubt be doing life, if he'd have caught the weasel faced cunt. Perfectly acceptable in my book.
Of course it is. But the point is being missed here. Chasing someone around a car park, a public space or the fucking lingerie department at John Lewis is a perfectly acceptable, and manly, way of showing one's disapproval of a fellow human being. The other party has the option, as Kelly appears to have done, of fleeing in fear of his very life, or standing his ground and duking it out with his tormentor as others in his situation may possibly have done. I am frankly surprised Kelly had the pace to outrun your mate as on the occasions I saw him play he would have struggled to outrun an arthritic snail.

Nonetheless I digress. Booing on the other hand is a very effeminate and faggy, not to mention cowardly, way of expressing the same displeasure. We red blooded males surely find it very girly to hide as part of a gathered mass and participate in making what is, in effect, an extremely silly noise. How can the boo-ee, if that is the correct expression to use to describe he who is being booed, identify individuals participating in this behaviour should he wish to exact vengeance for his treatment when the opportunity presents itself. Precuisely the reason the girly, faggy cunts do it of course. ;)
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

h69

Post by h69 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:26 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:22 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:16 pm

Difference here is the Player/Manager has had time to get it right/wrong...however we as fans
see it,thats about opinions...fair enough...but Booing as a group to guy before his even hardly
That is very true mate...but in my book, neither is acceptable. We are supporters and need to act like it. What they did to Lyall was very poor. The reaction at Bournemouth and on Social Media to Roberto is shameful
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:51 pm

h69 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:26 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:22 am

That is very true mate...but in my book, neither is acceptable. We are supporters and need to act like it. What they did to Lyall was very poor. The reaction at Bournemouth and on Social Media to Roberto is shameful

Yeah John took a bit of stick that year...with the Lyall Out Chants..made me very sad...
I get people being fucked off with poor performances...but I could just never do that...

BFS didn't get a lot more grief...and he wasn't an Iron like John L..

Think we're entitled as fans,to have a dig or a pop at someone during the game,that can't
be heard by the player...certainly not at the Iconic anyway...you'd need to put it over the sound
system... :lol:
And I mean just a FFS C'mon...sort of thing..
It's the group hissing/jeering/booing/chanting that can be heard,I don't like..
just don't see what it achieves..
1 x

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:14 pm

Don’t bother me one way or another if truth be told.
If someone paying their hard earned cash wants to have a pop at some overpaid tart not pulling his weight or acting the fanny so be it.
Not a new phenomenon either ,goes back yonks .the wankers digging at the pitch invaders last season pissed me off more

Too boo or not to boo that is the question.
0 x

Social Media