West Ham vs Crystal Palace Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Chicken Runner

Re: West Ham vs Crystal Palace Official Match Thread

Post by Chicken Runner » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:59 am

Sure we got a couple of tough calls but I believe you make your own luck.
We came out half asleep. Coasted through the first half. Lucky to go in 0-0.
Second half better but still no grit. The odd moment of class but that was it. Well that's not enough in this league. Very poor showing and didn't deserve anything. Mugged off by a second rate team again when it was there for the taking. No excuses.
2 x

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:00 am

What's with this 'starting the game half asleep or slowly'?. Seems to be a trait for the last few seasons and even before Pelle. Shouldn't this be addressed by the coaching staff or do they see games completely different to the fans?
0 x

Oldun

Post by Oldun » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:30 am

Some do not seem to be able to accept defeat,some suddenly think we are a side that can beat anybody ,where has this come from.
We are a decent side and one that will get better but we are just one of many decent mid table teams.
Palarse have one plan away from home and that is to spoil the game and see what they can get ,it works perfectly for them because in 2019 they have the 3rd best away record.
As for the match yesterday,they did what they are good at and we found it hard to break through.
We tried to play football ,they did not but got what they have done many times before 3 points.
We still had enough good chances to win but was punished by a error by the our best player,and VAR.
What is the point of linesman now ?
We are what we are ,a decent attacking team,but please don't let us start getting like Spuds who think they are better than they are and sulk when it does not work out .
Try not to get to excited with the wins and not suicidal when we lose.
2 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:37 am

Chicken Runner wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:59 am
Second half better but still no grit. The odd moment of class but that was it. Well that's not enough in this league. Very poor showing and didn't deserve anything. Mugged off by a second rate team again when it was there for the taking. No excuses.
I pretty much agree with all that apart from the lucky to be 0-0 at H/T. If Anderson and Lanzini had scored as, imo, they should have we would have been in front by the interval. I can excuse Haller because the keeper did well to keep his effort out. Against that in the first half Roberto wasn't troubled apart from the one for the cameras he made.

Shame that, imo, 2 of our better players, Rice, for the second week running, and Fredericks have to take the lions's share of the blame for the goals. Haven't a clue what Rice was thinking sticking his arms in the air and the control Fredericks showed which led to him giving away the fatal free kick was appalling. Overshadowed an otherwise very decent performance from him.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

grandad

Post by grandad » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:44 am

Very early to judge I know but Fornals looks like he brings absolutely nothing to the party ( hope I'm wrong )
2 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:08 am

I always thought Fornals was the wrong player we needed when we bought him, he does nothing for me when he plays. My MOTM yesterday was Freddy for his goaline clearance and cross for our goal. No idea what Rice was doing waving his arm about, and looking at the replay that was Pamela's knee that played Palace onside for the winning goal, all our defenders were further forward. Two very poor goals conceded.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:40 am

grandad wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:44 am
Very early to judge I know but Fornals looks like he brings absolutely nothing to the party ( hope I'm wrong )
He hasn't pulled up any trees yet but, trust me, he will prove to be a bloody good signing. Unfortunately his best position seems to be in the Lampard type role which at the moment Lanzini does. Fornals isn't as good in the wide role, imo Yarmolenko and Anderson are better, but I'll let you buy me a pint or three at the end of the season when I've been proved right. ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:43 am

Chicken Runner wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:59 am
That’s about how I saw it.
A lazy performance, teeming with arrogance, something that’s become an irritating characteristic of this side and something that has to be sorted if ever we’re to come close to achieving anything.
It happened again and again and again last season when we were presented with gilt edged opportunities to move into that “illustrious” 7th but they strolled around the park and blew it every time. M.P needs to do some serious work on motivating these players because this squad’s hard-work ethic is purely transient and has been for too long.
Last edited by ToneLoc on Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:43 am

dagenhamdave wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:08 am
I always thought Fornals was the wrong player we needed when we bought him, he does nothing for me when he plays. My MOTM yesterday was Freddy for his goaline clearance and cross for our goal. No idea what Rice was doing waving his arm about, and looking at the replay that was Pamela's knee that played Palace onside for the winning goal, all our defenders were further forward. Two very poor goals conceded.
Fredericks had a very decent game imo, but we can't overlook it was a shocking piece of mis control that led to him commiting the foul which led to their winner. Shame but imo probably our two best players were responsible for the Palace goals.
0 x

jhammers

Post by jhammers » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:14 am

Why does Anderson never look up for it? He just strolls about and bottles tackles.
He needs to be dropped, maybe that will wake him up a bit
0 x

Social Media