West Ham vs Crystal Palace Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Re: West Ham vs Crystal Palace Official Match Thread

Post by palerider » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:50 am

Just returned home from my one match for the season....and it was such fun. Don't think it wasn't.

Two crap teams. One got lucky.

I've seen crabs move forward more than we did yesterday. If MP told them to play like that he's a cunt. If they did it against his wishes he's a cunt for not telling them to change.

The owl-faced old twat 'out-tacticked' him, to quote Shrek.

European football next season ?

That's a good one.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Noni

Post by Noni » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:53 am

Seems we need our No1 goal keeper back!!!

Shame we lost Adrian :( .... If this was today, for 3 months, he would of stayed with us this year!!!! whufc_crest

Adrian is a top goal keeper who is placed 2nd class!.........IMO
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:08 am

Gutted, more than upset or annoyed,done enough to win,with some beautiful footie at
times.....that goal is one of the best I've seen from any team anywhere,in all my years of watching
footie...11 passes 18 seconds...bang.. beautiful,beats any dramatic one off 30 yarder..
Goal of season if Red Scouse or City...we won't get a mention tho.

With some luck, we could have played exactly the same way last 2 games and taken 6 points
instead of one...thats the way it goes sometimes...
Every game so far has been pretty much same,could have gone either way.
That will continue to happen until we learn to stop the other side playing,by shutting down,we
can play brilliantly,but allow the opposition time on the ball,games like this will get away from us.

But Palace well Organised defensively, came for a point,fluked a win...and with Zaha and Ayew,
looking like extras from the fuckin Walking Dead,looking to go down in every imaginable way
possible ... :lol: what can you do...

Hopefully we'll benefit from Var as much as not,should equal out,doesn't mean I don't hate it,
only there for TV to make dull games look more dramatic,can see Crowds not cheering a goal
soon...just waiting for the Var decision...I'm starting to do it.

Not getting the Anderson stuff...thought he played Ok TBH,Lanza couldn't get into the game,was
our main prob..
Didn't agree with Changes....our best 11 were on the pitch...well 10...Fab..we need to score again
so unless tired or injured,leave them on.....Jack for Lanza maybe..that would be it..IMO..

Funny how we all see a different game at times..

Shame yesterday,cos it's almost there,hard not to be fucked off tho...
0 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:15 am

mkhammer wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:08 am
Gutted, more than upset or annoyed,done enough to win,with some beautiful footie at
times.....that goal is one of the best I've seen from any team anywhere,in all my years of watching
footie...11 passes 18 seconds...bang.. beautiful,beats any dramatic one off 30 yarder..

With some luck, we could have played exactly the same way last 2 games and taken 6 points
That will continue to happen until we learn to stop the other side playing,by shutting down,we
can play brilliantly,but allow the opposition time on the ball,games like this will get away from us.

But Palace well Organised defensively, came for a point,fluked a win...and with Zaha and Ayew,
looking like extras from the fuckin Walking Dead,looking to go down in every imaginable way

Hopefully we'll benefit from Var as much as not,should equal out,doesn't mean I don't hate it,
only there for TV to make dull games look more dramatic,can see Crowds not cheering a goal

Not getting the Anderson stuff...thought he played Ok TBH,Lanza couldn't get into the game,was
our main prob..
Didn't agree with Changes....our best 11 were on the pitch...well 10...Fab..we need to score again
so unless tired or injured,leave them on.....Jack for Lanza maybe..that would be it..IMO..

Lanzini had a shocker.
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:16 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:17 pm
Newmarket wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:09 pm

Different commentary team mate
True. I watched the second half of the Red Scouse match and got the broadcast from South America (ESPN) complete with the mandatory GOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL when the ball hits the net.

Bummer having to watch it on the computer though and not the big screen now Red Box seems to have disappeared into the great website in the sky.
Yeah just tried it on mine...can't get anything up...but Have LiveNet TV almost exact same ,still works
Ok....
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:20 am

palerider wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:15 am
mkhammer wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:08 am

our main prob..

Lanzini had a shocker.
Yeah was the most disappointing thing bout yesterday for me....he fires,we piss games like that,
Was recognised as a threat by Woy...he had him closely marked...couldn't get going...
0 x

Hildreth_1101

Post by Hildreth_1101 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:01 pm

Oldun wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:30 am
Some do not seem to be able to accept defeat,some suddenly think we are a side that can beat anybody ,where has this come from.
We are a decent side and one that will get better but we are just one of many decent mid table teams.
Palarse have one plan away from home and that is to spoil the game and see what they can get ,it works perfectly for them because in 2019 they have the 3rd best away record.
As for the match yesterday,they did what they are good at and we found it hard to break through.
We tried to play football ,they did not but got what they have done many times before 3 points.
We still had enough good chances to win but was punished by a error by the our best player,and VAR.
What is the point of linesman now ?
We are what we are ,a decent attacking team,but please don't let us start getting like Spuds who think they are better than they are and sulk when it does not work out .
Try not to get to excited with the wins and not suicidal when we lose.
Agreed, some real doom and gloomers here - I seen us play worse and scrape results, we simply just squandered good chances and made some errors that led to goals, like conceding silly free-kickers or Rice's nightmare with his arm. It's unfortunate because at 1-0 in my mind I felt we would go on to win the game, but in football you get punished when you concede cheaply. I guess being able to go to our heads a bit? Season is not even 1/4 of the way through yet, there are some things we have to improve on for sure.

As for VAR it's ironic it's come in now this season and without it we'd have least a point from this game but 3 seasons ago when Leicester won the league if we'd had it we'd been in the Champions League (as the expensive of MP's Man City) - Football is a funny old game. Bring on Everton next week. whufc_crest
2 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:15 pm

Hildreth_1101 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:01 pm
Oldun wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:30 am
Some do not seem to be able to accept defeat,some suddenly think we are a side that can beat anybody ,where has this come from.
We are a decent side and one that will get better but we are just one of many decent mid table teams.
Palarse have one plan away from home and that is to spoil the game and see what they can get ,it works perfectly for them because in 2019 they have the 3rd best away record.
As for the match yesterday,they did what they are good at and we found it hard to break through.
We tried to play football ,they did not but got what they have done many times before 3 points.
We still had enough good chances to win but was punished by a error by the our best player,and VAR.
What is the point of linesman now ?
We are what we are ,a decent attacking team,but please don't let us start getting like Spuds who think they are better than they are and sulk when it does not work out .
Try not to get to excited with the wins and not suicidal when we lose.
Agreed, some real doom and gloomers here - I seen us play worse and scrape results, we simply just squandered good chances and made some errors that led to goals, like conceding silly free-kickers or Rice's nightmare with his arm. It's unfortunate because at 1-0 in my mind I felt we would go on to win the game, but in football you get punished when you concede cheaply. I guess being able to go to our heads a bit? Season is not even 1/4 of the way through yet, there are some things we have to improve on for sure.

As for VAR it's ironic it's come in now this season and without it we'd have least a point from this game but 3 seasons ago when Leicester won the league if we'd had it we'd been in the Champions League (as the expensive of MP's Man City) - Football is a funny old game. Bring on Everton next week. whufc_crest
Maybe it's because I so rarely travel up from Somerset that I expect better.

But be honest, it was poor with one or two bright bits like the goal.

I accept that Palace are hard to break down. I'd sooner stick rusty nails down my foreskin than watch that shyte week-in week-out. But the way we started the game you'd think they were Bayern Munich.

And having squandered a lead we barely deserved thanks to Declan's brain-freeze, it seemed to me that MP had turned into a silver-haired version of Shrek and was respecting the point.
1 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:25 pm

I know we are no where near the finished article , but surely we are better then a team of rejects at HOME ! . We have so many better qualities that we should not have any problems beating Crystal Palace . The managers , okay Hodgson is no mug , but Pellegrini should have the beating of him tactically , and you would think with the players he has at his disposal we should beat them hands down , and we were at home as well .
The best group of players I have seen at West Ham since the eighties and they still play like any other squad we have had in the last 35 years .
We just do not look like a cohesive unit we just do not flow , even in the games we win we look disjointed , where are the leaders .?
0 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:40 pm

Haller up front on his own doesn't work against a team that defend deep and deny space. It will be the same against the Blunt scum in 3 weeks. But with the foot in as well. It's not as if Palace kicked us off the park.

Away, when we're the team on the break, it works ok, as it does against teams prepared to have a go at us at the ILS. But Pellegrini has to think on his feet and adjust things when it's clear it's not working. Woy will have had a game plan. It's up to MP to counter that. Do something owl-face hadn't reckoned for.

He didn't.
0 x

Social Media