West Ham vs Crystal Palace Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: West Ham vs Crystal Palace Official Match Thread

Post by ToneLoc » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:49 pm

palerider wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:50 am
Just returned home from my one match for the season....and it was such fun. Don't think it wasn't.

Two crap teams. One got lucky.

I've seen crabs move forward more than we did yesterday. If MP told them to play like that he's a cunt. If they did it against his wishes he's a cunt for not telling them to change.

The owl-faced old twat 'out-tacticked' him, to quote Shrek.

European football next season ?

That's a good one.
Nice to see you again yesterday mate.
Such a shame the fuckers decided to have a day off yesterday.
After what we witnessed before the game, it makes their casual, blazé attitude all the more annoying :(
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:57 pm

A good fucking kick up the arse is needed for more than half the squad.
Drop that lazy cunt Anderson for the next game as well.
0 x

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:02 pm

Hard to see where we went wrong yesterday.

I don't think players were playing less than to their maximum ability(i,e being complacent) It's just that the opposition always varies,Lanzini might find it easy to slip one full back,but not another.Sometimes Anderson will face a defender with knock knees and his nutmegs wont be so effective....

It just takes something special,or lucky,to score a goal.

Frustrating to see Haller doing everything right but not getting the scoring opportunities.

Palerider in one of his more cohesive moments, reckoned he definitely should play with a second striker.

Pelle should try Anderson in that spot, Lanzini to play more forward and Noble to revert back to a slightly deeper role.

Nice to see Fredericks and Yama improving.

Still seems our centre backs rarely make significant contribution to the attacks compared with other teams.
1 x

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:37 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:49 pm
palerider wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:50 am
Just returned home from my one match for the season....and it was such fun. Don't think it wasn't.

Two crap teams. One got lucky.

I've seen crabs move forward more than we did yesterday. If MP told them to play like that he's a cunt. If they did it against his wishes he's a cunt for not telling them to change.

The owl-faced old twat 'out-tacticked' him, to quote Shrek.

European football next season ?

That's a good one.
Nice to see you again yesterday mate.
Such a shame the fuckers decided to have a day off yesterday.
After what we witnessed before the game, it makes their casual, blazé attitude all the more annoying :(
Indeed Tone.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:03 pm

Clayton wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:25 pm
I know we are no where near the finished article , but surely we are better then a team of rejects at HOME ! . We have so many better qualities that we should not have any problems beating Crystal Palace . The managers , okay Hodgson is no mug , but Pellegrini should have the beating of him tactically , and you would think with the players he has at his disposal we should beat them hands down , and we were at home as well .
The best group of players I have seen at West Ham since the eighties and they still play like any other squad we have had in the last 35 years .
We just do not look like a cohesive unit we just do not flow , even in the games we win we look disjointed , where are the leaders .?
They played a 4 4 2 and the 2 front guys came back into midfield so they had more or less a row of 6 players ahead of the back line.
Cresswell couldn,t run the flank because of Zaha,s counter speed. You saw many times Anderson and Lanzini, even Haller coming deep to get the ball. That was because they had so many players inbetween the lines and compressed the space.
I have never seen Anderson taking the ball from our center defenders so often.
Pellegrini start with 2 wide men but with only Haller in the middle who had constantly 2 players around him , the pass in needed to be exact.
All Hodgson did was watch us play Cardiff away last year and adopted the same set up Cardiff did.
No idea what the solution is because we only have one decent striker, but sure as hell its not tipy tappy footy trying to play through them. Although we did create a couple of solid chances over the 90.
The difference is this. When teams like Palace attack us they have space because all our players are in their half. They allow us to do that. Solid tactics but when you go 1 down you need to come out and play. If Declan hadn,t game away that silly Pen , Palace would have opened up and it might have been a 3-1 result to us. Once they got that goal they sat deep again and played the system.
And this is why we play better against better teams than Palace. Teams who come to attack , giving Anderson , Lanzini and Yarma space to play. Thats the reason we struggle against lesser teams.
2 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:05 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:16 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:17 pm

True. I watched the second half of the Red Scouse match and got the broadcast from South America (ESPN) complete with the mandatory GOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL when the ball hits the net.

Bummer having to watch it on the computer though and not the big screen now Red Box seems to have disappeared into the great website in the sky.
Yeah just tried it on mine...can't get anything up...but Have LiveNet TV almost exact same ,still works
Ok....
Thanks for that mate. I'll give LiveNet a spin if I can find some download instructions.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:34 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:05 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:16 am

Yeah just tried it on mine...can't get anything up...but Have LiveNet TV almost exact same ,still works
Ok....
Thanks for that mate. I'll give LiveNet a spin if I can find some download instructions.
apktime.com
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:06 pm

Clayton wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:25 pm
I know we are no where near the finished article , but surely we are better then a team of rejects at HOME ! . We have so many better qualities that we should not have any problems beating Crystal Palace . The managers , okay Hodgson is no mug , but Pellegrini should have the beating of him tactically , and you would think with the players he has at his disposal we should beat them hands down , and we were at home as well .
The best group of players I have seen at West Ham since the eighties and they still play like any other squad we have had in the last 35 years .
We just do not look like a cohesive unit we just do not flow , even in the games we win we look disjointed , where are the leaders .?
Palace have the best away record behind City & Liverpool in the last year.

They must be doing something right.

That is why I was disappointed we didn`t come out of the traps quick like Spurs did the other week against them(4-0 up before HT).

Some fans turned their noses up at Cahill,but he has improved them defensively.He has vast experience and knows how to marshall a back 4.

We were not brilliant,but weren't terrible either.Palace got the luck on the day and took the 3 points.There will be days,when we will do it too.
0 x

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Redknapp out.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:47 pm

Dwayne Pipes wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:57 pm
A good fucking kick up the arse is needed for more than half the squad.
Drop that lazy cunt Anderson for the next game as well.
Completely disagree DP, thought 2nd half we played pretty well, Anderson admittedly not at his very best but still put in a shift, I think defenders are beginning to suss him out but frankly he’s still one of our best players. Drop him for whom tho? Haller is brilliant but without the service he will be more
Provider than scorer.
Antonio could be the difference next few games.
Gotta trust the process and Pelli getting a tune out of a relatively small squad .
0 x

Social Media