As were seemingly Europe Bound we should consider...

Chat about anything football related here!
Vladnar

As were seemingly Europe Bound we should consider...

Post by Vladnar » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:40 pm

Why can't they sort out the days our teams play to give us a little more chance of having actual interest in euorpean competition when we get there, in reality i mean the Europa League....surely it would make sense for

Friday play premier league......tues/west champions league......sunday premier league
Saturday premier league.........thursday europa league............monday premier league

I think at the moment you could play sunday then europa league 4 days later on the thursday in timbukto then sunday you're back playing in Liverpool....bad enough we send 2nd string teams around the world anyway...2 squads? give our teams a chance eh.

You look forward to the "idea" of getting into european competition and playing against some of the best sides around but then you're knackered and putting the youngsters out there....heavens sake..

Lets get this changed guys.....before we get there next year eh???

Vlad
0 x

Newmarket

Re: As were seemingly Europe Bound we should consider...

Post by Newmarket » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:22 pm

You do realise the title of the thread is enough to put paid to any chance we might’ve had of finishing top 7 don’t you ?

That aside , if a professional footballer isn’t fit enough to play 2 90 mins games in a week then he doesn’t deserve to play .

Fucking poofs.
2 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:39 pm

I think we'll probably be playing on a Tuesday and Wednesday night rather than a Thursday. :D
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:59 pm

If we were able to attract the young talent that Chelsea and, on the evidence of tonight's match, Arsenal have in their ranks we wouldn't need to worry about throwing in the kids.

It's a great pity what's happened to our once famed production line of talent. Particularly as the club, at long last, does seem to be moving slowly in the right direction. If I remember correctly the lack of talent coming through was one of the reasons given when Tony Carr was eased out but in all honesty there hasn't been a significant improvement since.

I would imagine Chelsea's academy alone probably pays for itself when they hire out the talent they have on their books before throwing them into the first team as they're doing now. Surely the Dwarf must have sleepless nights wondering how much the likes of Abraham, Mount, Tomori & Co have saved Chelsea in transfer fees, while over at Arsenal he's probably thinking the same about Nelson, Willock, Maitland-Niles and that Brazilian kid Martinelli who they apparently paid £6 million for but who is now probably already worth more than that.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:26 am

Whexit.
0 x

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:42 am

Well that's certainly put the kibosh on it.

You may just as well have walked under a dozen ladders and kicked a black cat.

We'll be lucky to avoid relegation now.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:26 am

Premier league Squads should be able to piss 2 games a week,including under 23s,they have upwards
of 30 Players to choose from...if you can't get a decent squad together,and get them fit enough,
when your club has a turnover of Hundreds of millions...your in the wrong bloody game.... :lol:

Could easily play every Euro Game on a Saturday/Wednesday basis,but doesn't suit TV Scheduling,
and the TV Companies Control football now so won't be changing any time soon I'm Afraid...
Indeed will only get more inconvenient for attending fans.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:36 am

palerider wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:42 am

You just won't learn will you ?

Once again you have used the "B" word in a negative, stereotypically offensive, manner. Why do you feel the need to specify that the feline in question has to be b***k.? Your continued and thoughtless use of these offensive terms leaves me with no alternative but to bring this matter to the attention of the Christian Union's Neutral Terminology Section (C.U.N.T.S) in order they may invite you for counselling and education to enable you to address your blatant prejudices.

I'm doing this for your own good you know. You will thank me once you realise you really should be offended and spend many happy house scouring the media for something to complain about. Just the sort of thing to give life some purpose.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:20 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:36 am
palerider wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:42 am

Once again you have used the "B" word in a negative, stereotypically offensive, manner. Why do you feel the need to specify that the feline in question has to be b***k.? Your continued and thoughtless use of these offensive terms leaves me with no alternative but to bring this matter to the attention of the Christian Union's Neutral Terminology Section (C.U.N.T.S) in order they may invite you for counselling and education to enable you to address your blatant prejudices.

I'm doing this for your own good you know. You will thank me once you realise you really should be offended and spend many happy house scouring the media for something to complain about. Just the sort of thing to give life some purpose.
Non-colour gender neutral cat then. Is that ok ?
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:24 am

palerider wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:20 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:36 am

Non-colour gender neutral cat then. Is that ok ?
Not really. You'll have the cat lovers up in arms you see. Maybe if you say "Kick a tramp". Without of course giving any clue as to the ethnicity of the itinerant vagabond.

That might work. Unless Porterman (remember him ?) sees it. Then there could be problems.
Last edited by Whiskyman on Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Social Media