I'm No Betting Man But----

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: I'm No Betting Man But----

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:03 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:20 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:33 pm

Now that makes sense. Didn't think about checking the available odds myself.

And about professional gamblers, don't know if it's true or not but I've heard of a bloke who supports West Ham who, the day Avram Grant was appointed, staked £25k on us getting relegated. As I say I don't know if it's true or not but I have heard the tale from several sources. And I actually know personally one bloke, also a Hammers fan, who put £100 on us to go down around the same time. He said picking up his winnings would deaden the pain a bit at the end of the season, so convinced he was that Grant would take us down.
Yeah in some kinda perverse way backing us to lose makes some weird sorta logic... :lol:
known guys that do that..
I just can't do it....Heart rules me Head anything Ironswise...

Gambling and Betting are 2 separate things.....sounds stupid...but if you really wanna win a bet,you
have to take away as much of the Gamble about it as you can...
Why back one result when can back 2 and make a profit,why back one horse in a race,when can back
2 maybe 3,and make money if odds are right,you don't win as much but you win more often,It's
finding the balance.
Must admit mate it's one of those things that's just never appealed to me. Nothing at all wrong with it, just a personal thing. Do have the occasional pub bet with friends but very rarely these days tbh. Like a lot of people I did the matched betting thing taking advantage of all the new member freebies-----must have accounts with 50 bloody companies or more-----to get the guaranteed money but once the introductory offers are used up haven't used the accounts.

But I always remember one thing, very wise words in fact, from a bloke when I was much younger hundreds of years ago. He said always bet with your head, not your heart. Good advice that. Particularly when it comes to the Hammers in fact. ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Social Media