Tin tacked in the morning

Chat about anything football related here!

So who's getting the tin tack first?

OGS
41%
Poch
6%
Silva
41%
Quique Flores
12%

Total votes: 17

terrya1965

Re: Tin tacked in the morning

Post by terrya1965 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:12 pm

h69 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:04 pm
terrya1965 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:44 pm
Let`s hope it is not Sliva..They are up next for us,but I think it could well be. :(
Silva: Totally overrated. Not achieved a thing so far.
Poch : Constantly falls out with his own players and wants out in my opinion (given all the snide comments) but the fact they didnt refresh the squad has fucked them up really : both Levy and his fault
OGS : Out of his depth but the club have had no identity or plan since SAF left and whose idea was it to sell Lukaku and Sanchez and not get a replacement.
QSF : Watford are doomed. You can only overachieve for so long and the policy of constantly swapping managers has fucked them like it did at Chelsea. Too early to blame Flores yet
Good assessment mate,especially about Spurs..You can't have the same team for 5 years..It has to be refreshed. Man U,Arsenal,Chelsea & City have all done it over the past 30 years.Players become stale otherwise.
I do think Lucas being dropped for the CL Final for a half fit Kane,pissed a lot of the squad off.I actually think it may have cost them being Champions of Europe.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:32 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:12 pm
h69 wrote:

Poch : Constantly falls out with his own players and wants out in my opinion (given all the snide comments) but the fact they didnt refresh the squad has fucked them up really : both Levy and his fault
OGS : Out of his depth but the club have had no identity or plan since SAF left and whose idea was it to sell Lukaku and Sanchez and not get a replacement.
QSF : Watford are doomed. You can only overachieve for so long and the policy of constantly swapping managers has fucked them like it did at Chelsea. Too early to blame Flores yet
Good assessment mate,especially about Spurs..You can't have the same team for 5 years..It has to be refreshed. Man U,Arsenal,Chelsea & City have all done it over the past 30 years.Players become stale otherwise.
I do think Lucas being dropped for the CL Final for a half fit Kane,pissed a lot of the squad off.I actually think it may have cost them being Champions of Europe.
If I'd been their manager Moura would have played. That said Liverpool (and City) are so superior to the rest of us mere mortals, including Spurs, that IO think they would have won at a canter anyway.

I'm still pissed that Barca blew it at Anfield. I'm taking one of my boys and my grandkids to a game there last week of October (not El Clasico unfortunately !) and when I took the eldest grandson 3 years back they'd won the CL the season before so he had his photo taken with the cup (for a price of course !) but the youngest grandson and granddaughter will have to make do with La Liga trophy.

Scouse cunts, fucking things up for my family.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

h69

Post by h69 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:50 am

terrya1965 wrote:
h69 wrote:

At Spurs you have the standoff of Levy not wanting to sack Poch as he would have to pay him off and Poch wanting out but not wanting to quit because he wants a payoff.

Poch clearly wants to go and claims he would have done if they had won . the CL but all this 'I want to be at Spurs for the next 5 years' is a message to Levy that he wont quit.

Man City and Liverpool make players better but at Spurs they are going backwards...Alli and Dier are awful, Erksen is poor these days, they have a midfielder at FB because they let Walker go, Rose has had enough and Trippier got out as soon as he could. It wont be long before Son and Kane get pissed off and look for an out.

Dropping Moura was criminal. I cant understand the thinking. You play your form player but they tried to park the bus...typical spurs, no bottle.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:10 am

I'm not exactly sure of my timing here but if memory serves,Thursday/Friday of the first week on international break,is the day that managers in peril are usually dispatched.

If everybody is still in place at the weekend, then we are as we were gentlemen...
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:10 am

h69 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:50 am
terrya1965 wrote:

At Spurs you have the standoff of Levy not wanting to sack Poch as he would have to pay him off and Poch wanting out but not wanting to quit because he wants a payoff.

Poch clearly wants to go and claims he would have done if they had won . the CL but all this 'I want to be at Spurs for the next 5 years' is a message to Levy that he wont quit.

Man City and Liverpool make players better but at Spurs they are going backwards...Alli and Dier are awful, Erksen is poor these days, they have a midfielder at FB because they let Walker go, Rose has had enough and Trippier got out as soon as he could. It wont be long before Son and Kane get pissed off and look for an out.

Dropping Moura was criminal. I cant understand the thinking. You play your form player but they tried to park the bus...typical spurs, no bottle.
Can't agree that Spurs, and therefore Pochettino, make players worse. Dier, Alli & Eriksen have all improved under Pochettino but now are regressing. That is not his fault. It is, at least imo, the Payet syndrome. They probably want away and have downed tools. I am afraid that is symptomatic of today's players. Or if you prefer a classic case of the tail wagging the dog.

That said however good a coach is eventually his methods must become stale, at least to players who have been there a while. Guardiola recognised this when he quit the great Barcelona side he created. I think you have summed up the current impasse between Levy & Pochettino very accurately and I believe because stagnation is setting in it is only a matter of time before the parting of the ways. It is a question of who blinks first.

I just hope it hangs on a little longer until Mourinho is safely employed somewhere. If he ended up at Spurs I seriously believe he would push them on to a higher level. Hopefully it will unravel before that nightmare scenario confronts us.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:40 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Let`s hope it is not Sliva..They are up next for us,but I think it could well be. :(
Moyes is in the frame to go back apparently. :lol:
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:54 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:40 pm
terrya1965 wrote:
Moyes is in the frame to go back apparently. :lol:
The Talk Sport phonelines were in meltdown this morning when Brazil suggested it might be a good idea if he did.

It would appear the suggestion was not popular with the blue half of Scouseland. :lol:
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:36 pm

Flores and Silva both to be sacked at the same time and then Flores to be replaced by Silva.
You wouldn’t put it past Watford would you? :lol:
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Social Media