How Quickly It Turns

Chat about anything football related here!
Taansend

How Quickly It Turns

Post by Taansend » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:53 am

After the Man U game we were on Cloud Nine, undefeated in six with four wins in that run, plus four clean sheets in a row.

Now we're winless in three, only one win since August & leaking almost three goals per game.

How's that for the West Ham Way?

I must say that our goal against Palace was bloody fantastic. I don't know if anyone has counted but I think we had something like 20 passes from the edge of our box to the goal with most of the pitch covered.

But apart from that were were very stop start, lethargic & passionless.

Do you think Pelle should make any changes for Everton in 2 weeks?

Does Anderson perform better with Masuaku?

Is it time to bring back the General?

Is Haller too isolated upfront? Should Pelle give two upfront a shot?

Even though Roberto didn't have a bad game do the players need a 'bedding in' time to get used to him - feel confident - or doesn't that matter?

And when the fuck is Antonio back
0 x

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Re: How Quickly It Turns

Post by palerider » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:36 am

Taansend wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:53 am
After the Man U game we were on Cloud Nine, undefeated in six with four wins in that run, plus four clean sheets in a row.

Now we're winless in three, only one win since August & leaking almost three goals per game.

I must say that our goal against Palace was bloody fantastic. I don't know if anyone has counted but I think we had something like 20 passes from the edge of our box to the goal with most of the pitch covered.

Even though Roberto didn't have a bad game do the players need a 'bedding in' time to get used to him - feel confident - or doesn't that matter?

Newcastle proved yesterday that beating United is no big deal these days. We were as limp as we were on Saturday against the Reds before Yarmalenko got a goal just as everyone was nodding off. In fact, the Naarch game apart, who let's face it were awful, we've not exactly been scintillating in any match.

That's not to say we're crap, but just that it's still a work in progress, there are a lot of teams better than us and we'd got a bit ahead of ourselves.

Haller IS isolated up front and needs a partner. Maybe not at Everton as being the home team they'll give us more space on the break. The Blunts the week after will be just as hard to break down as Palace.

Anderson does function better with Arthur. But I believe Arthur is injured. He wasn't on the bench on Saturday and I think MP missed a trick by not putting Anderson alongside Haller and bringing the Snod on instead of Zabaleta. It would have given us more of a cutting edge. Maybe risking the defeat but we lost anyway. It almost looked like he was happy with a point.

Not too bothered about Diop and Ogbonna. They weren't the reason we lost. Or Roberto.

I think Antonio returns to training in a week or so.
1 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:52 am

Taansend wrote:

Yes. I'd suggest his charcoal coloured suit would be more appropriate. Also more colourful socks should be considered.
Taansend wrote:
Yes. Masuaku is better going forward than Cresswell imo. But Cresswell hasn't really done anything wrong so it would be tough on him to be left out.
Taansend wrote:
Why ? Ogbonna & Diop look fairly solid imo. Mind you if M.P. decided to play a back 3 I, for one, would be well pleased.
Taansend wrote:
Too isolated yes but two up front would weaken our midfield which hasn't been over convincing apart from Norwich imo. I'd give Fornals a go in place of Lanzini who has been disappointing imo. Fornals played behind the main strikers at Villarreal and it looks to be his best position.
Taansend wrote:
Shouldn't matter imo, keepers should boss their box whoever it is.
Taansend wrote:
Fuck knows

Hopefully that all helps. ;)
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:41 am

It's just disappointment really...you lose games...move on,win the next.

Going against the grain here a bit,but thought we played OK,pretty much the same as we have
other games...at moment we're relying on luck swinging our way,and that goes around comes around
however we may think we're hard done by.

We Played some really nice stuff at times Saturday...That Goal, example,was other movement similar,
Lanza being marked out of the game,took our edge away.....Other sides target playmakers,
shut them down quickly,we don't we back off,and priority is get behind the ball,and mark the space
not the player,gives side a few seconds on the ball and lets them play.

But saying that was signs of it,Nobes was def pushing up shutting down,was our most advanced
player at times....but has to be done by your 3 attackers and the other 2 MFers as well,we try and
do it at times but it's kinda halfhearted...bit like the way we play in general at times.

That Starting 11 is our best (at the moment) so I would Def stick with it,but Arthur over Cress for
me.( I wouldn't have made those changes Saturday)keep your best side on,biggest threats,if you
need to score....Yarmo is our main threat,and lanza has an eye for goal.

Haller didn't look so isolated as he has done previously...full backs did seem to be trying to get
forward more...this lets your wide guys come inside and get closer to him.

Elephant in the room for me is....Pellers total refusal to go with 3 at the back,not regular,just
have the ability to switch it up now and again....You cant play 2 up top with a flat 4 and 2 wide
Mfers/attackers...that's suicide in the PL but a 3-5-1-1,could work,say Anderson or Lanza as
a No 10 to Haller.

We have the Squad for a top 6 this year,it edges other teams squads imo...we have to make the most
of it....up the work rate,and be more tactically aware....Pellers a bit of an enigma to me at moment.
1 x

h69

Post by h69 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:43 am

Taansend wrote:

Cant win every game....shooting boots were a bit off or we would have had 3 by half time as we were much the better side. Sometimes the ball just wont go in and their keeper was decent.

Move on...still a good side and still going to win more than we lose.
2 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:25 am

h69 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:43 am
Taansend wrote:

Cant win every game....shooting boots were a bit off or we would have had 3 by half time as we were much the better side. Sometimes the ball just wont go in and their keeper was decent.

Move on...still a good side and still going to win more than we lose.
I think we have the makings of a very decent side. Our goal on Saturday was one of, if not THE, move of the season so far. Unfortunately apart from the Norwich match we haven't performed particularly well for long enough in any of our matches to date. It seems we do struggle against sides who play it tight at the back and deny space, Norwich tried to play football and we were much better at it than them so we looked very good. But at the moment that game is a bit of a one off, although we were decent at Bournemouth without reaching the standards of the Norwich game.
2 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Castiron

Post by Castiron » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:37 am

We need to move the ball quicker, look what we did to Palace when we did, you'll be hard pressed to see a better team goal this season. All this sideways shit is getting a bit tedious.
We need to start quicker, and stamp our authority from the off.
You could see with Cresswell that he was so scared to get near Zaha, because you know exactly what that cunt will do if you so much as breathe near him. Is there a bigger cheating moaning cunt than him in the Prem?
As said we should have been out of sight by half time.
Lanzini had a shocker, and Anderson could win a game on his own if he fucking wanted to, a class act when he's in the mood, but we are definitely not seeing the best of him. He needs a central or free role for me.
Palace ate good at what they do, we weren't on the night. Them's the breaks.
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:08 pm

Logically given our squad and results achieved it's not good enough. If someone like Eddie Howe was the manager could things be better ?

He does seem to wring the absolute maximum out of what he has available to him.

We should get somebody in who will get the maximum out of the ingredients while they are still fresh. And we should do it now.
0 x

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:40 pm

Lanzini will turn up next game. He is always slow to return after a knock.

Return him to his further forward wide position, move Anderson inside as a proper no 8, and let Noble play a bit deeper.

S'all we can do.
1 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:02 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:08 pm
Logically given our squad and results achieved it's not good enough. If someone like Eddie Howe was the manager could things be better ?

He does seem to wring the absolute maximum out of what he has available to him.

We should get somebody in who will get the maximum out of the ingredients while they are still fresh. And we should do it now.
If someone like Eddie Howe was manager, with his injury feigning, imaginary card waving, time wasting, fourth official bothering tactics, that would be me fucking finished with West Ham.

Horrible sanctimonious little turd.

And no, I don't like him.
1 x

Social Media