How Quickly It Turns

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: How Quickly It Turns

Post by h69 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:18 pm

palerider wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:46 pm
h69 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:46 am

I am not a fan of 3-5-2 if I am honest s I would not play it but at present, I would not drop Noble. He has played well, I would rather drop Lanzini.
As I've said. It's just for a few games each season where we have to break down a mass defence. MP needs to think on his feet and the players should be good enough to adapt even if it means changing the formation during a match.
No need then to dick about with rigid formations, put Ajeti on next to Haller for Lanzini ask Rice to hold, ask the fullbacks to create a higher line and get the ball wide. Once we score what we need (if we do), revert to 4-4-2 and push back the full backs, Rice goes back into CM.
1 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Taansend

Re: How Quickly It Turns

Post by Taansend » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:13 pm

Taansend wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:53 am

I must say that our goal against Palace was bloody fantastic. I don't know if anyone has counted but I think we had something like 20 passes from the edge of our box to the goal with most of the pitch covered.
Here's the goal. It involves at least nine players. Not nine different players, but nine of ours pass it around without them touching it.

This appears to be what we're doing too much rather than having a pop although in this case it worked a treat

1 x

Social Media