Ex Players

Chat about anything football related here!
OZHAMMER

Re: Ex Players

Post by OZHAMMER » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:47 pm

Mikeveep wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:26 pm
Remind me why it is fashionable to dislike Upson..

I saw him at every Home game and some Aways and never saw anything to stir any indignation in me.
Fashionable?

Up until Grandad’s post, I hadn’t heard anyone else mention any ill feeling towards him.
0 x

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:55 am

mkhammer wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:14 pm
Couple my Fav players who don't get mentioned much...Stewart Robson....yeah the Arse bloke
we had,thought he was brilliant,Injuries caught up with him tho..lower back I think...real shame

And Loved Francois van der elst,no longer with us sadly..scored one of the best goals ever at
upton......
don't think either played a 100 games for us...both here only 2/3 years..but great memories
of them both..
You need to read the opening post from GD and not just the thread title :) :D
2 x

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:00 am

OZHAMMER wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:47 pm
Mikeveep wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:26 pm
Remind me why it is fashionable to dislike Upson..

I saw him at every Home game and some Aways and never saw anything to stir any indignation in me.
Fashionable?

Up until Grandad’s post, I hadn’t heard anyone else mention any ill feeling towards him.
Mentioned a few times on here and the old site. He wanted out to a bigger club and when we were struggling, think we got relegated, he was always injured when we played a team when he knew he'd get slaughtered. Injuries were a load of bollox so he didn't have to play. Heart the size of a pea.
1 x

grandad

Post by grandad » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:38 am

tassiehammer wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:00 am
OZHAMMER wrote:

Fashionable?

Mentioned a few times on here and the old site. He wanted out to a bigger club and when we were struggling, think we got relegated, he was always injured when we played a team when he knew he'd get slaughtered. Injuries were a load of bollox so he didn't have to play. Heart the size of a pea.

That's about the size of it in both ways goodpost:)
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Flairon

Post by Flairon » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:52 am

mkhammer wrote:
Couple my Fav players who don't get mentioned much...Stewart Robson....yeah the Arse bloke
we had,thought he was brilliant,Injuries caught up with him tho..lower back I think...real shame

And Loved Francois van der elst,no longer with us sadly..scored one of the best goals ever at
upton......
don't think either played a 100 games for us...both here only 2/3 years..but great memories
of them both..

So why would you think that they are dicks now!?!
0 x
Flairon

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:06 am

tassiehammer wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:00 am
OZHAMMER wrote:

Fashionable?

Pretty much my sentiments too. Just hadn’t heard anyone else mention it.

Add to that, he was the captain when all of that was going on. I think Scotty P was the real leader on the pitch, if my memory serves me...?
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 am

tassiehammer wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:55 am
mkhammer wrote:

upton......
of them both..
You need to read the opening post from GD and not just the thread title :) :D
Oh yeah..my fuck up...just thought it was a thread that drifted of course a bit....... :oops: :lol:
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:16 am

Strange that Upson gets grief for his "injury problems", probably deservedly, whereas the big geordie lump seemed to elicit more sympathy than criticism despite costing us considerably more and generally, like Upson, contributing pretty much fuck all towards the club's performances.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:29 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:16 am
Strange that Upson gets grief for his "injury problems", probably deservedly, whereas the big geordie lump seemed to elicit more sympathy than criticism despite costing us considerably more and generally, like Upson, contributing pretty much fuck all towards the club's performances.
AC won a lot of fan admiration when after an evening team bonding in the west end,was camera phone captured at 6am outside a pub,still looking perfectly disheveled chugging back the wet stuff,beginning a brand new sess

That lad never had it so good at a football club...and Randolph his sideman was docked two weeks wages :o
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:52 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:29 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:16 am
AC won a lot of fan admiration when after an evening team bonding in the west end,was camera phone captured at 6am outside a pub,still looking perfectly disheveled chugging back the wet stuff,beginning a brand new sess

That lad never had it so good at a football club...and Randolph his sideman was docked two weeks wages :o
Probably the worst purchase our club has ever made. If ever a bloke with such a limited skillset, let's face it he can be pretty lethal up top, milked a bloody good living from the game it is him.

Can't knock him of course, any of us would have done the same given the opportunity. But how so many people in the game can be fooled into thinking he was worth the kind of money he earned beats the hell out of me.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Social Media