VAR and Offside

Chat about anything football related here!
Flairon

VAR and Offside

Post by Flairon » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:02 am

Just a thought, but in my opinion any attacking player within the 6 yard box who happens to wander into an offside position should automatically be deemed to be interfering with play.

As such, even if they do not touch the ball, it would still be offside because any attacking player within the 6 yard box must surely come into the goal keepers consideration.
0 x
Flairon

jameskel

Re: VAR and Offside

Post by jameskel » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:03 am

Pile of old computer wank

any decision, that needs stupid fucking lines plonked onto the screen, should be left with the on field Ref, right or fucking wrong
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:13 am

It's shit and doesn't work in that it takes too fucking long.

By all means use the technology if the ball has crossed the goal line, but holding play up for over 2 minutes ?

Total bollocks.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:14 am

Flairon wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:02 am
Just a thought, but in my opinion any attacking player within the 6 yard box who happens to wander into an offside position should automatically be deemed to be interfering with play.

As such, even if they do not touch the ball, it would still be offside because any attacking player within the 6 yard box must surely come into the goal keepers consideration.
Totally accepting of this and I also don't agree with the wholly stupid rule that penalises ball to hand in the box.

It's all designed to promote more goals but what it actually does is discredit the contest and cheapen the results. When you have a whole litany of non-goals and confused VAR interpretations then the final outcomes - influenced by those decisions - no longer have worthwhile value.

...and because of the decision delay it kills the passion stone dead. And that is ruinous in football. I'm surprised nobody had the smarts to foresee this...
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:07 am

Flairon wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:02 am

Yeah that spot on Flair...

The Goalie in most cases would be aware of an unmarked loose player in the box...and would adjust
his positioning in case the ball goes to him...so enters the equation def...
0 x

Jacko1966

Post by Jacko1966 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:59 am

One of the main problems with VAR (whenever or whyever it's used) is that the person deciding if the original decision is right or wrong is still a PL referee, and as we all know 99% of them are fucking clueless. You'll still get shit decisions with VAR, it's just that the decision is made by a faceless shitcunt in a private room somewhere.

Also, I think it was Jimmy Hill who said once "If he's not interfering with play what's he even doing on the pitch". I rest my case your honour.
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:24 am

Jacko1966 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:59 am
One of the main problems with VAR (whenever or whyever it's used) is that the person deciding if the original decision is right or wrong is still a PL referee, and as we all know 99% of them are fucking clueless. You'll still get shit decisions with VAR, it's just that the decision is made by a faceless shitcunt in a private room somewhere.

Also, I think it was Jimmy Hill who said once "If he's not interfering with play what's he even doing on the pitch". I rest my case your honour.
:lol: Yeah that's brilliant Jack..one of the best if not the best Footballing Quotes ever..

Not sure who said it TBH...might have been Shankley..

But Jimmy Hill, Top Bloke..
1 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:00 am

mkhammer wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:24 am
Jacko1966 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:59 am

:lol: Yeah that's brilliant Jack..one of the best if not the best Footballing Quotes ever..

It was Shankly. He also came out with another absolute classic after Liverpool "beat" Cologne on the toss of a coin, which used to happen before away goals, penalties and so on.

He said "What a fucking ridiculous way to decide a football match". The "fucking" bit was somehow beeped out by TV but apparently was heard by millions on radio. :lol:
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:13 pm

" if a player is not interfering with play or seeking an advantage he should be " His actual quote. Prompted me to look up some of his quotes, i particularly liked " If you find yourself on the edge of the box and dont know what to do with the ball, just stick it in the net and we will talk about the other options later" Maybe Lardy should have read that.

And a master one. " If you cant support us when we lose or draw dont support us when we win" Good man that Shanks.
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:39 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:00 am
mkhammer wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:24 am

It was Shankly. He also came out with another absolute classic after Liverpool "beat" Cologne on the toss of a coin, which used to happen before away goals, penalties and so on.

He said "What a fucking ridiculous way to decide a football match". The "fucking" bit was somehow beeped out by TV but apparently was heard by millions on radio. :lol:
Evidently our Sir Bobby (Mooro)....once said something on the lines of...if you don't concede any goals
you'll prob win more games than you lose..

Bobby right ...as always.... :D
0 x

Social Media