Cresswell

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Cresswell

Post by Ibbyham » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:16 pm

Signed a new contract extension to 2023.

He is the 3rd longest serving player behind Noble 15 and Reid 9.

Good to keep him as long as he keep his form in a consistency basis
0 x

grandad

Re: Cresswell

Post by grandad » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:07 am

Ibbyham wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:16 pm

I forgot about Reid what's the latest with him ?
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:45 am

Consistent ? You’ve got to be having a hat & scarf ?

He’s had 3 decent games (the LAST 3 games ????) in years.

He’s as slow as fuck now and will only get slower with age . By the time he enters the final year of his contract he’ll be 33 and we’ll have a Zabaleta-like situation on the left side like we have on the right at the moment.

Ffs what other clubs give a 4 year contract to a player that’s almost 30 ?

There’s obviously now no chance of the club buying another left back for years and we have 2 left backs that can’t defend .

Love to know who’s idea his was ?

If it was Pellegrini’s then he clearly intends being here for longer than his current contract which would be good news but overall this is a fucking awful decision.

Though not surprising.
3 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

grandad

Post by grandad » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:17 am

Newmarket wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:45 am
Consistent ? You’ve got to be having a hat & scarf ?

He’s had 3 decent games (the LAST 3 games ????) in years.

He’s as slow as fuck now and will only get slower with age . By the time he enters the final year of his contract he’ll be 33 and we’ll have a Zabaleta-like situation on the left side like we have on the right at the moment.

Ffs what other clubs give a 4 year contract to a player that’s almost 30 ?

There’s obviously now no chance of the club buying another left back for years and we have 2 left backs that can’t defend .

Love to know who’s idea his was ?

If it was Pellegrini’s then he clearly intends being here for longer than his current contract which would be good news but overall this is a fucking awful decision.

Though not surprising.

What he said with brass knobs on. absolute joke
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:20 am

like zaba, a decent back up for cup games /injuries, just not the future if we intend to move forward, whats happened to johnson i thought he could play either side, desperate for a bit of youth injection somewhere, whos our next declan?
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:37 am

Not happy at all with that TBH.....Simply our Left backs are decent,nothing special...Arthur
now and again looks to be a very good Wingback...thats it.

Can't see us being a constant threat to top six,keeping these 2 for foreseeable future...
As I see it now Arthur Has to go next year....work Johnston in and use Cress as back up,cos
lets face it we're never gonna spend big on fullbacks.....huge mistake....City and Red Scouse,
have made sure they have the best around....Big Part of Spuds "Success.." :lol: as well...
They're Key Players in Footie now....another part of why we can't crack it...
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:56 am

brookingslovechild wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:20 am
like zaba, a decent back up for cup games /injuries, just not the future if we intend to move forward, whats happened to johnson i thought he could play either side, desperate for a bit of youth injection somewhere, whos our next declan?
I think that's the problem mate. We haven't got one. Diangana maybe next season could be a great addition to the squad. He's apparently doing well with West Brom and this can only be good news for us. Johnson should, imo, be out getting game time at a similar level, as should Holland if he's as good as some would have us believe. The fact they aren't out doing just that makes me think perhaps they aren't considered ready yet for "proper" competitive football, even at League One level.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:15 am

grandad wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:07 am
Ibbyham wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:16 pm

Pellegrini want to have a look at Reid when he play in the reserve side and will decide by next summer if he is still good enough or the same player he was before the injury,
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:47 pm

Ibbyham wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:15 am
grandad wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:07 am

Pellegrini want to have a look at Reid when he play in the reserve side and will decide by next summer if he is still good enough or the same player he was before the injury,
Are you fibbing Ibbs...because if it's a choice between spending the evening in a penthouse suite with a charming young thing or watching Winny Reid on a practise pitch demonstrating his twinkly toes...I bet I can guess Manuel's priorities
0 x

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:20 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:47 pm
Ibbyham wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:15 am

Are you fibbing Ibbs...because if it's a choice between spending the evening in a penthouse suite with a charming young thing or watching Winny Reid on a practise pitch demonstrating his twinkly toes...I bet I can guess Manuel's priorities
Pellegrini is quite happy with Cressie and Masuaku but if their form dip during the season, then another LB will be in.
0 x

Social Media