Ambition?

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Ambition?

Post by Brookbonds73 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:55 pm

If Jock Ewing isn't gone by tomorrow or the very latest mid-week, then surely that speaks volumes about those in charge. It's plainly and painfully obvious that this man is not up to the job.
At least the new incumbent would have a couple of training sessions to sort out this rabble, or is the compensation for Jock, just to much to part with.
Everyone else has acted pretty swiftly so far, if they don't then it's saying fuck you lot we don't give a shit.

Thoughts?
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Dwayne Pipes

Re: Ambition?

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:00 pm

I fucking hate the obnoxious stubborn cunt ,time for them two filthy slags to pull the fucking trigger.

Fucking do it.
0 x

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:02 pm

And get rid of that useless tart Anderson fucking waste of space.
0 x

Vladnar

Post by Vladnar » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:27 pm

Anderson has such potential, seems to be waiting for something
2 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:36 pm

Vladnar wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:27 pm
Anderson has such potential, seems to be waiting for something
Whatever it is he is waiting for , he's been doing it a bloody long time , he's just to inconsistent always has been .
2 x

FlatCapDave

Post by FlatCapDave » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:17 am

Brookbonds73 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:55 pm
If Jock Ewing isn't gone by tomorrow or the very latest mid-week, then surely that speaks volumes about those in charge. It's plainly and painfully obvious that this man is not up to the job.
At least the new incumbent would have a couple of training sessions to sort out this rabble, or is the compensation for Jock, just to much to part with.
Everyone else has acted pretty swiftly so far, if they don't then it's saying fuck you lot we don't give a shit.

Thoughts?
Sacking Pellegrini won't change anything. That's my thoughts. Unless we're looking to replace him with someone of a higher calibre? And I don't see that happening. If he goes, we'll get someone like Chris Hughton, and Sullivan will be back in charge of transfers.

What's painfully obvious is that we are what we are. We're a mid-table club at best, and no better than the majority of clubs who operate outside the top six bubble in this league.

We've finished 10th, 13th, 11th, 7th, 12th, 13th & 10th since we came back up. That's who we are, and the new stadium doesn't change that.
1 x

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:02 am

FlatCapDave wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:17 am
Brookbonds73 wrote:

Thoughts?
Sacking Pellegrini won't change anything. That's my thoughts. Unless we're looking to replace him with someone of a higher calibre? And I don't see that happening. If he goes, we'll get someone like Chris Hughton, and Sullivan will be back in charge of transfers.

What's painfully obvious is that we are what we are. We're a mid-table club at best, and no better than the majority of clubs who operate outside the top six bubble in this league.

We've finished 10th, 13th, 11th, 7th, 12th, 13th & 10th since we came back up. That's who we are, and the new stadium doesn't change that.
Do you honestly believe he has let Pellegrini and Hussilos have free reign in the transfer market.
If he is as decent a manager as you say ( and I think he is by the way) then how do you explain the goalkeeping fiasco with safe hands?
For what it's worth and it's only my own personal opinion. I believe he still undermines the manager, because a man like you say with that amount of knowledge in the game would no way sign Roberto and Martin.
I could be wrong, but if they are unwilling to sack Pellegrini because of compensation then what better way to try to get rid than by blaming his best mate (Hussilos) for some of our transfers.
It points the blame very nicely, elsewhere, don't you think and gets under Pellegrini's skin at the same time.
No one's asking for the world at West Ham, but just a modicum of improvement each year would be nice, but it won't happen until the cancer is gone.
1 x

FlatCapDave

Post by FlatCapDave » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:38 am

Brookbonds73 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:02 am
Do you honestly believe he has let Pellegrini and Hussilos have free reign in the transfer market.
I don't think any manager or Director of Football has free reign at any club these days, but it's probably as close as it'll ever come to it at West Ham under the current ownership, isn't it?
Brookbonds73 wrote:
If he is as decent a manager as you say ( and I think he is by the way) then how do you explain the goalkeeping fiasco with safe hands?
I honestly think that Roberto was picked up more out of necessity than anything else. Our squad isn't that great at the moment, and I don't think we had money to burn on a goalkeeper who would likely spend 90% of his time here sitting on his arse.

When a club is looking for a backup 'keeper it's a bit trickier than most fans would think. You need to find someone who's effectively going to be happy not playing. There aren't many quality goalkeepers who fit that criteria, especially not at a club like West Ham. At a Manchester City, Liverpool, or Real Madrid? Yeah, fair enough.

If they're anywhere near decent they'll want well-compensated for taking a back seat to another goalkeeper. We were in no position to offer good money or a chance of first team football in the summer.

When we got Roberto I actually thought "yeah, fair enough. He's a decent enough backup for when Fabianski isn't available. He's played for Atletico, Benfica, Zaragoza, Malaga, Espanyol & Olympiakos. He's won cups and league titles in Portugal and Greece, and has been bought and sold for €2 million - €3 million over the course of his career. He's no mug."

That's obviously what Pellegrini and Husillos thought as well. He's on £30,000 a week or something, which isn't much by Premier League standards, and he's probably happy to play backup. That was probably the reasoning behind it.

He's been a terrible signing, but sometimes that just happens. There was nothing in his past to suggest he would be so abysmal.
Brookbonds73 wrote:
For what it's worth and it's only my own personal opinion. I believe he still undermines the manager, because a man like you say with that amount of knowledge in the game would no way sign Roberto and Martin.
Oh, he absolutely did sign Roberto. I'm sure Husillos probably knew him from their time at Malaga, and he probably looked at his career to this point and figured that while he'll not be a first-choice by any stretch that he'd be decent enough and cheap enough as a backup player. They likely figured he'd play League Cup games and the odd game where Fabianski had a knock or was suspended.

In his last five seasons at West Ham and Swansea Fabianski hadn't played less than 35 games a season. He has no history of injury issues.

As for Martin? I doubt Pellegrini could have picked him out of a lineup before we signed him.
Brookbonds73 wrote:
I could be wrong, but if they are unwilling to sack Pellegrini because of compensation then what better way to try to get rid than by blaming his best mate (Hussilos) for some of our transfers.
That may be the narrative that the owners try to push, and it's probably easier for them to do so at this point with results going as they have been lately, but I still honestly believe that under Husillos and Pellegrini we've made more good signings than bad, and I think we'll see the benefit of the players we've signed in the future.

The notion of going from Pellegrini and Husillos to Sullivan and someone like Chris Hughton is downright depressing.
Brookbonds73 wrote:
It points the blame very nicely, elsewhere, don't you think and gets under Pellegrini's skin at the same time.
No one's asking for the world at West Ham, but just a modicum of improvement each year would be nice, but it won't happen until the cancer is gone.
Nothing will change by sacking the manager or the current Director of Football. That's my honest opinion.

I have no doubt that the board will bin both of them if the pressure becomes too much, but with the payouts that would be required we can be sure that we'll not be in the market for a top class replacement. Anyone who thinks a Benitez or someone of that ilk is going to come rushing in to save the day is insane.

First of all, there won't be money spent on someone like that. And second, managers talk to each other. Pellegrini is well respected in the game and considered a top manager. There'll be managers who look at West Ham and think "Christ, if someone like him wasn't given time and wasn't able to do the job, what fucking chance have I got?"

It'll be someone who needs a job. A Chris Hughton type.
0 x

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:58 am

First of all, there won't be money spent on someone like that. And second, managers talk to each other. Pellegrini is well respected in the game and considered a top manager. There'll be managers who look at West Ham and think "Christ, if someone like him wasn't given time and wasn't able to do the job, what fucking chance have I got?"

It'll be someone who needs a job. A Chris Hughton type.

Agreed, this has Hughton stamped all over it. A cheap option after Pellegrini's payout.
Anyone of any ilk in the game, would command some funds to sort this rabble out, and as the owners are supposedly giving themselves a hefty payout come Christmas, then that's not going to happen.
And then the West Ham merry-go-round starts again!
0 x

Castiron

Post by Castiron » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:22 am

Brookbonds73 wrote:

Thoughts?
They haven't got a clue what to do because they are so far out of their depth. Cunts. They've destroyed everything that West Ham stood for.
0 x

Social Media