January transfer window thread , rumours etc

Chat about anything football related here!
Taansend

Re: January transfer window thread , rumours etc

Post by Taansend » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:26 am

palerider wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:15 am
Taansend wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:08 am

I'm confused, are you happy we've signed him or not :lol:
I can''t see the confusion.

Of course I'm happy. He's a very good player.

But that doesn't alter the fact that I want the owners to sell up and fuck off.
Oooohhh, I thought you wanted Bowen buried
0 x

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:47 am

palerider wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:15 am
Taansend wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:08 am

I'm confused, are you happy we've signed him or not :lol:
I can''t see the confusion.

Of course I'm happy. He's a very good player.

But that doesn't alter the fact that I want the owners to sell up and fuck off.
I concur
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:23 am

Now that wasn't a bad window all things considered , especially when it started and we were being linked to players like Giroud and Nzonzi , though if we could still have got them with good deals they more then likely could have done a decent job for us .
Hopefully Soucek and Bowen both prove to be very good signings they definitely have the potential . Staying in the premier league in all honesty looked to be getting harder and harder as the weeks have gone on , hopefully now it will not be .
Plus the emergence of Ngakai at RB this late in the season could benefit us long term .
The summer transfer window should now be somewhat easier for all concerned if these players potential is able to prosper and grow under the current management .
1 x

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:02 pm

Clayton wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:23 am
Now that wasn't a bad window all things considered , especially when it started and we were being linked to players like Giroud and Nzonzi , though if we could still have got them with good deals they more then likely could have done a decent job for us .
Hopefully Soucek and Bowen both prove to be very good signings they definitely have the potential . Staying in the premier league in all honesty looked to be getting harder and harder as the weeks have gone on , hopefully now it will not be .
Plus the emergence of Ngakai at RB this late in the season could benefit us long term .
The summer transfer window should now be somewhat easier for all concerned if these players potential is able to prosper and grow under the current management .
Summer window will be a difficult one

We have to ship out a lot of players that are either past it and replace them, or reinforce in areas that are lacking

That’s almost every position
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:47 pm

punkrockhammer wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:02 pm
Clayton wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:23 am
Summer window will be a difficult one

We have to ship out a lot of players that are either past it and replace them, or reinforce in areas that are lacking

That’s almost every position
But at least Moyes has managed to deal with a position correctly that has needed rectifying for almost ten seasons , midfield , and yes we still need another CM but we will still have Noble .
Johnson coming through and the emergence of Ngakia may well of sorted our fullback options out . Obviously something needs to be done with Zabaleta .
Obviously the loaning of Diangana to West Brom as been a very good bit of management , and will come back showing that the potential that was seen in him flourish back in the premier league on the Left Wing . Another striker will be needed ( not sure how a premier league team is suppose to manage with just two ) , but with an attack force in Bowen and Anderson (Diangana) , Haller should get a lot more chances coming his way especially as these two not only score goals but aid with assists .
Hopefully the likes of Fabianski can remain fit , but there lies another problem his injury , in a crucial positon for us ( Randolph is not a 1st team starter ) . Same with Antonio another one who is crucial to us , though we have Bowen now , or do we let Antonio go in the Summer ?
Ok , the ones draining the finances like like Wilshere , Sanchez , Roberto and Yarmalenko should be gone hopefully .
Reid another with long term injury problems hopefully can get a permanent deal in Nashville , we will still have Ogbonna , Diop , Balbuena and Cardoso maybe we could bring in another .
Lanzini is another with a poor injury history , and hopefully can find some form before the end of the season , so we can find a buyer for him .
0 x

Flairon

Post by Flairon » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:08 pm

Bowen seems like a decent signing albeit a wee bit of a gamble. The other lad I do not know.

However. Is it me or is this just another window where we are linked with all and sundry only to get 1 or 2.
0 x
Flairon

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:29 pm

Now that's the way to do transfers....as Chelsea have done with...Hakim Ziyech.....get it sorted well before the windows open and then all that needs to be done is sign on the dotted line when it does open...no hassle, no last minute hitch or gazumping...all done and dusted.
0 x

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:33 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:29 pm
Now that's the way to do transfers....as Chelsea have done with...Hakim Ziyech.....get it sorted well before the windows open and then all that needs to be done is sign on the dotted line when it does open...no hassle, no last minute hitch or gazumping...all done and dusted.
This is a good example, however, with our crap board, they want to wait until we sold players to get more money (50% for themselves). West Ham should get some players ready like Chelsea did to fill in the gap/weak area, so that all of them ready for the pre-season TOGETHER so that everyone will be fit and ready.

Need lots of sorting this summer from top to bottom.

Also I notice our crap board haven't invested any money into our clubs for over 5 years according to the C&H website and thus you know what that mean. They need to go. It as simple as that.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:28 am

andyginbrasil wrote:
Ah yes. But let us not forget that the Dildo Brothers (and they are fans you know) face difficulties not encountered by Marina Granovskaia, for it is she who I believe conducts Chelsea's business. Allow me to explain.

Firstly Ziyech, in large part because of his performances in Ajax's run to last season's CL semis was probably in demand by a number of large clubs. Thus his agent was able to ask him where he would like to earn his living should he leave Amsterdam. A quick phone call to Marina and the deal was done. Probably over a nice luncheon at one of West London's finer establishments. Which brings us to point 2.

His agent, Nakhi Mondial, probably does not have the Dildos phone number on speed dial as he normally, I am sure, deals with, shall we say, the more upmarket club owners and execs. But even if he, by some quirk of fate, have it at his disposal, surely he would choose to lunch with the lovely Marina (she is no super model but a presentable specimen nonetheless) rather than in the company of a wannabe KGB general and an incontinent octogenarian who only wants to recall tales of the blitz. As an aside did you happen to know he used to live in Green Street ?

I am quite sure the dwarf made sterling attempts to sign Zayech. For heaven's sake I believe in the not too dim and distant it will be possible to be whisked from Amsterdam Zentraal station to Stratford international without changing in Brussels. This must have been mentioned in the e mail I am sure he sent. And that's before offering one of the new apartments being built where our old ground used to be. Maybe the fine dining experience of Nathan's Pie & Mash emporium, just round the corner, did not appeal to the more cultured palate of Mr Mondial's client.

So please don't be too hard on the Dildos. You did know they were fans I hope, and are working tirelessly to deliver the world class team they were talking about 10 years ago. I will say this. Who needs Hakim Ziyech whilst Charlie Adam is still parading his many talents ? And don't forget we have the invigorated Jordan Hugill to return for the Championship relegation battles ahead. He has gained invaluable experience to prepare for that during his loan spell with QPR.

I feel certain that, following the inevitable descent into the Championship, a vigorous player recruitment drive will follow similar to the one when the indominatable Mr Allardyce was appointed following our last relegation. For heaven's sake you cannot fail to have been excited by the stellar signings of Sam Baldock and Nicky Maynard. What a stellar strike force they proved to be. Those days will soon be upon us again and the excitement is already building.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

JayK

Post by JayK » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:46 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:28 am
andyginbrasil wrote:
Ah yes. But let us not forget that the Dildo Brothers (and they are fans you know) face difficulties not encountered by Marina Granovskaia, for it is she who I believe conducts Chelsea's business. Allow me to explain.

Firstly Ziyech, in large part because of his performances in Ajax's run to last season's CL semis was probably in demand by a number of large clubs. Thus his agent was able to ask him where he would like to earn his living should he leave Amsterdam. A quick phone call to Marina and the deal was done. Probably over a nice luncheon at one of West London's finer establishments. Which brings us to point 2.

His agent, Nakhi Mondial, probably does not have the Dildos phone number on speed dial as he normally, I am sure, deals with, shall we say, the more upmarket club owners and execs. But even if he, by some quirk of fate, have it at his disposal, surely he would choose to lunch with the lovely Marina (she is no super model but a presentable specimen nonetheless) rather than in the company of a wannabe KGB general and an incontinent octogenarian who only wants to recall tales of the blitz. As an aside did you happen to know he used to live in Green Street ?

I am quite sure the dwarf made sterling attempts to sign Zayech. For heaven's sake I believe in the not too dim and distant it will be possible to be whisked from Amsterdam Zentraal station to Stratford international without changing in Brussels. This must have been mentioned in the e mail I am sure he sent. And that's before offering one of the new apartments being built where our old ground used to be. Maybe the fine dining experience of Nathan's Pie & Mash emporium, just round the corner, did not appeal to the more cultured palate of Mr Mondial's client.

So please don't be too hard on the Dildos. You did know they were fans I hope, and are working tirelessly to deliver the world class team they were talking about 10 years ago. I will say this. Who needs Hakim Ziyech whilst Charlie Adam is still parading his many talents ? And don't forget we have the invigorated Jordan Hugill to return for the Championship relegation battles ahead. He has gained invaluable experience to prepare for that during his loan spell with QPR.

I feel certain that, following the inevitable descent into the Championship, a vigorous player recruitment drive will follow similar to the one when the indominatable Mr Allardyce was appointed following our last relegation. For heaven's sake you cannot fail to have been excited by the stellar signings of Sam Baldock and Nicky Maynard. What a stellar strike force they proved to be. Those days will soon be upon us again and the excitement is already building.
But Nathan’s closed
1 x
COYI!!!

Social Media