Protest Details.

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
h69
Posts: 3850
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Enfield, Middlesex
x 478
x 325

Re: Protest Details.

Post by h69 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:57 pm

whu wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:47 pm
h69 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:53 pm


We are all on the same side if we all support HU. No other views are apparently allowed. Whisky was right.
So we become a Nottingham Forest, Leeds United or Stoke City and we take that without a whimper? All of the surrounding circumstances around our club mean that if we had even very average people running this club, we should never veer from top half of the Prem. That is not a false statement. Tell me why minimum top ten, given all facts surrounding our club, isn't something we should be vocal about?
When do people get angry? Never?

No bins emptied for six weeks and rats in your garden, you say 'it is what it is, I am a taxpayer like everyone else' and sit on your hands?

Why then, as a company employee, would you get a disciplinary if you underperformed? Your apathetic view 69 flies in the face of emotion and WHUFC supporters are amongst the most emotional and passionate, out there.

Life is about opinion but to not be vocal on what would be considered 'bare minimum' about the club you love, I make you and your ilk the ones to be called out. To simply come back with 'what does protest achieve' I can tell you as fact, it applies a level of pressure. You become an irritant. In any walk of life, nobody likes to be pressured or have an itch they cannot scratch.

Support West Ham United.

Support Hammers United.

Time for this board to move on, make a healthy profit, give the reigns to people with good business acumen, ambition and a determination to achieve success. Success in turn, gives maximum profit and customer satisfaction. Fact, as my mate says.
You don't get what sport is about. There are always winners and losers.

Used to be that when a club was not playing well, the supporters (hence the name) would get behind them and try and lift them. Now all they care about are marching across fields and making a name for themselves. Times change, egos grow. Fans rather than supporters.

:lol: :lol: Your comments about underperforming are hilarious. 90% of the owners in the football league would get a disciplinary for not meeting their objectives but that is sport and how it works.

When will Derby be marching that they are not in the top 5 of the PL (Former league winners after all)
When will Man Utd march because they are not in the top 2
When will Arsenal start marching because they are not in the top 4
When will Spurs fans start marching that they are out of the champions league
When will Everton fans start marching that they have not made the top 4 with that investment they made.
Did I miss the Villa and Fulham marches when they went down ?
Have Leeds been marching for 16 years ?
Are Sheff Wed Marching soon ?

Did you march after or before the Liverpool game when Lyall took us down or did you not care then ?

All these are clubs that have failed but its rare that they go marching every season because they didnt meet their objectives.

Its not Apathy, it is realism. These same passionate fans who were outsung by a World Athletic Championship crowd and complain there is no atmosphere ? These are the same fans that cannot work out that you need a buyer in order to sell or is your grand plan to ask the board to walk out and hand over the club for free by blowing up a few balloons. Good luck.

Call me out all you like but you lot have been protesting for years over Cearns, Brown, Bond scheme, Allardyce, the owners and what have you achieved then ? This irritant that you say you have become is taking a fucking long time to produce any results !

Do what you think will help but I think you are utterly deluded thinking that an average owner would guarantee keeping us constantly in the top half of the table. That has never happened in our history to be honest and it wont happen now.

I have never seen the demand of 'keeping us in the top half of the table' on any of the Hammers United posts. So basically if we finish below 10th then march if we finish above 10th then we are fine ?

The whining every time we dont win something or finish high enough is childish. We dont have a divine right to be in the PL or the top half. Many other clubs are not successful but we seem to be the only one that thinks that we have a right to be there.
1 x

User avatar
Towie
Posts: 2011
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 8:06 pm
x 346
x 232

Re: Protest Details.

Post by Towie » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:08 pm

[quote=h69

The whining every time we dont win something or finish high enough is childish. We dont have a divine right to be in the PL or the top half. Many other clubs are not successful but we seem to be the only one that thinks that we have a right to be there.
[/quote]



Whilst I agree with 90% of your post, the part I can’t agree with is the bit above. Expectations were set by the board whether you believed them or not.(I didn’t)

“A world class team for a world class stadium” was the spouted mantra. Well they have failed miserably and as a “customer” (as Karen likes to call me)we have every right to protest as we would if we were missold something at a shop.

That said I do think the protests are a bit silly in the fact they expect GSB to just sell up like that. As far as I know we have no takers and the pair of skivs will sell us to any one as they did with Birmingham. (That went well for them).
But I respect everyone’s right to protest and whilst I agree with them that our owners are two bob twats I think that HU’s goals change by the minute and are just unreachable.
2 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

User avatar
whu
Posts: 1965
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 10:20 am
x 118
x 110

Re: Protest Details.

Post by whu » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:29 am

agree to disagree as ever 69



we still have 60k fully supportive fans, regardless of circumstance, quite remarkable...getting behind the team under any circumstance, not in question

we constantly achieve amongst the top twenty wealthiest clubs ON THE PLANET and top ten sounds an unreasonable demand?

as I say, we will again disagree

aim low get low, as someone once said
0 x
Land based game. Pass and move. Simple.
Want a launching? Try NASA or Firework night.
We're West Ham. It's what we want. Now and always. Amen.

User avatar
h69
Posts: 3850
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Enfield, Middlesex
x 478
x 325

Re: Protest Details.

Post by h69 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:29 am

whu wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:29 am
agree to disagree as ever 69



we still have 60k fully supportive fans, regardless of circumstance, quite remarkable...getting behind the team under any circumstance, not in question

we constantly achieve amongst the top twenty wealthiest clubs ON THE PLANET and top ten sounds an unreasonable demand?

as I say, we will again disagree

aim low get low, as someone once said
I believe we are the 16th richest club in the world and spent the 18th most money in the last 6 years. the spending is not the problem....it is what we do with it.

The manager takes responsibility for that but lets be honest, many on here were raving about us buying Haller for 40m rather than Gomez. It seemed the right move but it didnt work out. That is football, it is never predictable.
Ok....so then you can say the manager is not good enough but is finding the right one so easy....if it were, why did it take Liverpool 30 years to do it and Man Utd probably have the wrong one still.

Disagreement is fine but some expect everyone to fall into line. That is my issue with the HU brigade.

I am not suggesting it is not unreasonable to finish in the top 10 but to guarantee it ? And march everytime the team does not finish in the top 10 ?

Just sounds like a bunch of crybabies that cant accept results.
Last edited by h69 on Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

User avatar
h69
Posts: 3850
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Enfield, Middlesex
x 478
x 325

Re: Protest Details.

Post by h69 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:33 am

Towie wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:08 pm
[quote=h69

The whining every time we dont win something or finish high enough is childish. We dont have a divine right to be in the PL or the top half. Many other clubs are not successful but we seem to be the only one that thinks that we have a right to be there.



Whilst I agree with 90% of your post, the part I can’t agree with is the bit above. Expectations were set by the board whether you believed them or not.(I didn’t)

“A world class team for a world class stadium” was the spouted mantra. Well they have failed miserably and as a “customer” (as Karen likes to call me)we have every right to protest as we would if we were missold something at a shop.

That said I do think the protests are a bit silly in the fact they expect GSB to just sell up like that. As far as I know we have no takers and the pair of skivs will sell us to any one as they did with Birmingham. (That went well for them).
But I respect everyone’s right to protest and whilst I agree with them that our owners are two bob twats I think that HU’s goals change by the minute and are just unreachable.
[/quote]

Fair enough and you have every right to have been taken in by what the owners said. Ive heard enough owners aim much higher than they can really achieve so I just take all of what they say with a pinch of salt.

A dose of realism is needed in my opinion. People seem to think that because we have more money and have a gate of 60k we should be all conquering.

The club have spent the required amount based on their wealth status over the last 6 years. The players have not been good enough because the manager was not. People seem to think that the owners deliberately choose the wrong manager but I doubt that is the case. Sport works like that sometimes.
0 x

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 11994
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 1176
x 1022

Re: Protest Details.

Post by Newmarket » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:42 am

whu wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:29 am
agree to disagree as ever 69



we still have 60k fully supportive fans, regardless of circumstance, quite remarkable...getting behind the team under any circumstance, not in question

we constantly achieve amongst the top twenty wealthiest clubs ON THE PLANET and top ten sounds an unreasonable demand?

as I say, we will again disagree

aim low get low, as someone once said
Wayno , as Towie said above , the key to this is all the bollocks spouted by GSB , not only after they saved the club :lol: but also the lies and bullshit they spewed from the rooftops in order to get the fan base to accept the move to an Athletics stadium which although some people are quite happy with others are clearly not.

It really doesn’t matter who was sucked in by it all and who wasn’t .
The fact is GSB should be held accountable for the discontent flying around at the moment and it also doesn’t matter whether individuals believe the protests will work or not ...
At least some are prepared to stand up and try to affect change , history in general tells us that it’s always the few , on behalf of the many , that bring this about.

There’s also nothing wrong with having ambition. We all know that we’ll never be a consistent top ten team but that’s not a reason to not like it to happen.

*Just remember . As unlikely as it seems , When Pinky & Perky eventually fuck off , sell to a mega mega rich owner that actually aims to run the club properly, disposes of the not-fit-for-purpose Bowl and builds a nice shiny new stadium that makes Spuds new home look like Corinthian Casuals ground ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .... the naysayers will still be happy then as they are now .

* that was a joke by the way . I don’t believe it’ll happen but I can dream... can’t I ?
4 x
Bring back Jonathon !

User avatar
9898
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:42 am
x 19

Re: Protest Details.

Post by 9898 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:37 pm

Protest is now over.
Circumstances have stopped any momentum and the Board start with a clean slate next season, as they do every season.
HU ineffective, let fans down and, if truth be known, were a little bit embarrassing (silent protests. Protests not in stadium) and have now stagnated.

Mods, please lock this thread as it is not relevant.
0 x
Heard about the wife in Australia who slept with less that 40 blokes? No one has, they are still searching for her.

User avatar
whu
Posts: 1965
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 10:20 am
x 118
x 110

Re: Protest Details.

Post by whu » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:59 pm

h69 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:29 am
whu wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:29 am
agree to disagree as ever 69



we still have 60k fully supportive fans, regardless of circumstance, quite remarkable...getting behind the team under any circumstance, not in question

we constantly achieve amongst the top twenty wealthiest clubs ON THE PLANET and top ten sounds an unreasonable demand?

as I say, we will again disagree

aim low get low, as someone once said
I believe we are the 16th richest club in the world and spent the 18th most money in the last 6 years. the spending is not the problem....it is what we do with it.

The manager takes responsibility for that but lets be honest, many on here were raving about us buying Haller for 40m rather than Gomez. It seemed the right move but it didnt work out. That is football, it is never predictable.
Ok....so then you can say the manager is not good enough but is finding the right one so easy....if it were, why did it take Liverpool 30 years to do it and Man Utd probably have the wrong one still.

Disagreement is fine but some expect everyone to fall into line. That is my issue with the HU brigade.

I am not suggesting it is not unreasonable to finish in the top 10 but to guarantee it ? And march everytime the team does not finish in the top 10 ?

Just sounds like a bunch of crybabies that cant accept results.
your overall spend figure is very selective. go do the math, taking into account player sales and upton park sale. they have spent very little and are skimming this club nicely, like mike ashley. if they choose to pay very average players top wages, this goes back to my 'board under-performance' comments.
0 x
Land based game. Pass and move. Simple.
Want a launching? Try NASA or Firework night.
We're West Ham. It's what we want. Now and always. Amen.

User avatar
whu
Posts: 1965
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 10:20 am
x 118
x 110

Re: Protest Details.

Post by whu » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:01 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:42 am
whu wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:29 am
agree to disagree as ever 69



we still have 60k fully supportive fans, regardless of circumstance, quite remarkable...getting behind the team under any circumstance, not in question

we constantly achieve amongst the top twenty wealthiest clubs ON THE PLANET and top ten sounds an unreasonable demand?

as I say, we will again disagree

aim low get low, as someone once said
Wayno , as Towie said above , the key to this is all the bollocks spouted by GSB , not only after they saved the club :lol: but also the lies and bullshit they spewed from the rooftops in order to get the fan base to accept the move to an Athletics stadium which although some people are quite happy with others are clearly not.

It really doesn’t matter who was sucked in by it all and who wasn’t .
The fact is GSB should be held accountable for the discontent flying around at the moment and it also doesn’t matter whether individuals believe the protests will work or not ...
At least some are prepared to stand up and try to affect change , history in general tells us that it’s always the few , on behalf of the many , that bring this about.

There’s also nothing wrong with having ambition. We all know that we’ll never be a consistent top ten team but that’s not a reason to not like it to happen.

*Just remember . As unlikely as it seems , When Pinky & Perky eventually fuck off , sell to a mega mega rich owner that actually aims to run the club properly, disposes of the not-fit-for-purpose Bowl and builds a nice shiny new stadium that makes Spuds new home look like Corinthian Casuals ground ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .... the naysayers will still be happy then as they are now .

* that was a joke by the way . I don’t believe it’ll happen but I can dream... can’t I ?
good post

glory boys we are not BUT there should be a level of ambition, always
0 x
Land based game. Pass and move. Simple.
Want a launching? Try NASA or Firework night.
We're West Ham. It's what we want. Now and always. Amen.

User avatar
h69
Posts: 3850
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Enfield, Middlesex
x 478
x 325

Re: Protest Details.

Post by h69 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:08 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:42 am
whu wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:29 am
agree to disagree as ever 69



we still have 60k fully supportive fans, regardless of circumstance, quite remarkable...getting behind the team under any circumstance, not in question

we constantly achieve amongst the top twenty wealthiest clubs ON THE PLANET and top ten sounds an unreasonable demand?

as I say, we will again disagree

aim low get low, as someone once said
Wayno , as Towie said above , the key to this is all the bollocks spouted by GSB , not only after they saved the club :lol: but also the lies and bullshit they spewed from the rooftops in order to get the fan base to accept the move to an Athletics stadium which although some people are quite happy with others are clearly not.

It really doesn’t matter who was sucked in by it all and who wasn’t .
The fact is GSB should be held accountable for the discontent flying around at the moment and it also doesn’t matter whether individuals believe the protests will work or not ...
At least some are prepared to stand up and try to affect change , history in general tells us that it’s always the few , on behalf of the many , that bring this about.

There’s also nothing wrong with having ambition. We all know that we’ll never be a consistent top ten team but that’s not a reason to not like it to happen.

*Just remember . As unlikely as it seems , When Pinky & Perky eventually fuck off , sell to a mega mega rich owner that actually aims to run the club properly, disposes of the not-fit-for-purpose Bowl and builds a nice shiny new stadium that makes Spuds new home look like Corinthian Casuals ground ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .... the naysayers will still be happy then as they are now .

* that was a joke by the way . I don’t believe it’ll happen but I can dream... can’t I ?
Of course we will but after about 30 years of protests about everything, I am still waiting :lol: :lol:

That said, if you think a few black balloons will turn us into Man City then great. I will wait in earnest !
0 x

Post Reply

Social Media