Protest Details.

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
Longshanks
Posts: 648
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:14 pm
x 227
x 17

Re: Protest Details.

Post by Longshanks » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:06 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:17 am
Longshanks wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:14 am

Yes. 🤡
Who rattled your cage ? :lol:

On that coach are you tomorrow matey ?
That cunt 🍩 And yes mate🤷🏻‍♂️🌹 👍🏻
1 x
I can’t stand Thrush. Fact.

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 11705
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 1070
x 827

Re: Protest Details.

Post by Newmarket » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:08 pm

Longshanks wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:06 pm
Newmarket wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:17 am


Who rattled your cage ? :lol:

On that coach are you tomorrow matey ?
That cunt 🍩 And yes mate🤷🏻‍♂️🌹 👍🏻
Woo ? :lol:
0 x
Bring back Jonathon !

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 9413
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 219
x 1148

Re: Protest Details.

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:03 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:03 pm


in a nutshell the economics reveal exactly whats what. No hands in till,short term planning,71% of income handed over to blokes like Haller and nothing left over for infrastructure,planning,facility renovations, even if anybody was remotely interested in these things,which nobody is obviously - because there is no money available. It's all in blokes like Haller's bank account.

The only way things can improve, is if the football team become more successful (europe) and all that rests in the very capable hands of David Moyes

...and of course that's all nuts - right. So,filling the Anfield air with black balloons suddenly doesn't seem such a ridiculous thing to do...does it

The old "WC" image gets brought up again in the first section. He makes a couple of points.

Ticket prices are reasonable compared to, for example, Chelsea & Arsenal who can attract people who are prepared to pay more.

And

West Ham are seen as a typical working class club

So the answer's fucking obvious. Put ST prices up to a minimum of a grand and get rid of all the fucking oiks.

Sorted. ;)
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 4732
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm
x 707
x 517

Re: Protest Details.

Post by terrya1965 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:02 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:03 pm


in a nutshell the economics reveal exactly whats what. No hands in till,short term planning,71% of income handed over to blokes like Haller and nothing left over for infrastructure,planning,facility renovations, even if anybody was remotely interested in these things,which nobody is obviously - because there is no money available. It's all in blokes like Haller's bank account.

The only way things can improve, is if the football team become more successful (europe) and all that rests in the very capable hands of David Moyes

...and of course that's all nuts - right. So,filling the Anfield air with black balloons suddenly doesn't seem such a ridiculous thing to do...does it
You only have to look at difference in the people that run Tottenham and the idiots that run us.

When G & S took over,there was not a lot between the 2 clubs.We had identical crowds,even if Spurs had a slightly better history.They just had the edge over us,but it wasn't a massive gap.

Today,you look at it.Spurs OWN their own Stadium with a fantastic deal in the way they are paying for it.They are making a massive amount of money by using it 365 days a year,while we just got 25 days in a rented bowl.Everything by Daniel Levy has been thought about carefully and delivered diligently.Then on the field,both are on a completely different level.

The lack of common sense of renting a Stadium,that brings in peanuts in comparison to those of our neighbours is nothing short of ludicrous.

It`s just one of a number of things that G & S have failed at miserably since being in charge.
5 x

User avatar
BlackDiamond
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:46 pm
x 690
x 453

Re: Protest Details.

Post by BlackDiamond » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:13 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:02 pm
BlackDiamond wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:03 pm


in a nutshell the economics reveal exactly whats what. No hands in till,short term planning,71% of income handed over to blokes like Haller and nothing left over for infrastructure,planning,facility renovations, even if anybody was remotely interested in these things,which nobody is obviously - because there is no money available. It's all in blokes like Haller's bank account.

The only way things can improve, is if the football team become more successful (europe) and all that rests in the very capable hands of David Moyes

...and of course that's all nuts - right. So,filling the Anfield air with black balloons suddenly doesn't seem such a ridiculous thing to do...does it
You only have to look at difference in the people that run Tottenham and the idiots that run us.

When G & S took over,there was not a lot between the 2 clubs.We had identical crowds,even if Spurs had a slightly better history.They just had the edge over us,but it wasn't a massive gap.

Today,you look at it.Spurs OWN their own Stadium with a fantastic deal in the way they are paying for it.They are making a massive amount of money by using it 365 days a year,while we just got 25 days in a rented bowl.Everything by Daniel Levy has been thought about carefully and delivered diligently.Then on the field,both are on a completely different level.

The lack of common sense of renting a Stadium,that brings in peanuts in comparison to those of our neighbours is nothing short of ludicrous.

It`s just one of a number of things that G & S have failed at miserably since being in charge.
So moving to the Olympic Park was the worst financial investment that the club could have made

...unless you could make all your money quick,from the sale of Upton Park - and we know that didn't happen,because one they told us so...and two,everyone knows the sale was only £40M...
0 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 9413
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 219
x 1148

Re: Protest Details.

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:39 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:02 pm
BlackDiamond wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:03 pm


in a nutshell the economics reveal exactly whats what. No hands in till,short term planning,71% of income handed over to blokes like Haller and nothing left over for infrastructure,planning,facility renovations, even if anybody was remotely interested in these things,which nobody is obviously - because there is no money available. It's all in blokes like Haller's bank account.

The only way things can improve, is if the football team become more successful (europe) and all that rests in the very capable hands of David Moyes

...and of course that's all nuts - right. So,filling the Anfield air with black balloons suddenly doesn't seem such a ridiculous thing to do...does it
You only have to look at difference in the people that run Tottenham and the idiots that run us.

When G & S took over,there was not a lot between the 2 clubs.We had identical crowds,even if Spurs had a slightly better history.They just had the edge over us,but it wasn't a massive gap.

Today,you look at it.Spurs OWN their own Stadium with a fantastic deal in the way they are paying for it.They are making a massive amount of money by using it 365 days a year,while we just got 25 days in a rented bowl.Everything by Daniel Levy has been thought about carefully and delivered diligently.Then on the field,both are on a completely different level.

The lack of common sense of renting a Stadium,that brings in peanuts in comparison to those of our neighbours is nothing short of ludicrous.

It`s just one of a number of things that G & S have failed at miserably since being in charge.
I agree with you about the calibre of people running the two clubs. Chalk and cheese come to mind.

But , come on Tel, take off those C & B spect. "Not a lot between the 2 clubs "? In attendance terms probably not but in historical achievements ?

The only trophy we have won as often as Spurs is the old ECWC. We have to face facts they are a far bigger club than we are. When I first started watching football there was a big 5. Manchester United ( even though their team in the early 70s was crap), the two Scouse teams , Arsenal & Spurs. We were always lumped with Chelsea to be regarded as the 3rd biggest London club.

And what do Spurs use their stadium for 365 days a year when they aren't playing football on it? How much did we earn from Upton Park when it was still there ?

The dwarf and the dribbler are a pair of shysters. We all know that. But moving to the LS was a good move. Unfortunately, coming back to your point about the calibre of people running the club, the move was mishandled.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 4732
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm
x 707
x 517

Re: Protest Details.

Post by terrya1965 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:40 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:39 pm
terrya1965 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:02 pm


You only have to look at difference in the people that run Tottenham and the idiots that run us.

When G & S took over,there was not a lot between the 2 clubs.We had identical crowds,even if Spurs had a slightly better history.They just had the edge over us,but it wasn't a massive gap.

Today,you look at it.Spurs OWN their own Stadium with a fantastic deal in the way they are paying for it.They are making a massive amount of money by using it 365 days a year,while we just got 25 days in a rented bowl.Everything by Daniel Levy has been thought about carefully and delivered diligently.Then on the field,both are on a completely different level.

The lack of common sense of renting a Stadium,that brings in peanuts in comparison to those of our neighbours is nothing short of ludicrous.

It`s just one of a number of things that G & S have failed at miserably since being in charge.
I agree with you about the calibre of people running the two clubs. Chalk and cheese come to mind.

But , come on Tel, take off those C & B spect. "Not a lot between the 2 clubs "? In attendance terms probably not but in historical achievements ?

The only trophy we have won as often as Spurs is the old ECWC. We have to face facts they are a far bigger club than we are. When I first started watching football there was a big 5. Manchester United ( even though their team in the early 70s was crap), the two Scouse teams , Arsenal & Spurs. We were always lumped with Chelsea to be regarded as the 3rd biggest London club.

And what do Spurs use their stadium for 365 days a year when they aren't playing football on it? How much did we earn from Upton Park when it was still there ?

The dwarf and the dribbler are a pair of shysters. We all know that. But moving to the LS was a good move. Unfortunately, coming back to your point about the calibre of people running the club, the move was mishandled.
Spurs of the past,yes,a lot bigger,but at the time of G & S taking over,the gap was probably at it`s smallest between them.The difference now is,they are in a different world to us.

Spurs were always bigger than Chelsea,but they aren't now,are they?Chelsea are has big,if not even bigger world wise,than Arsenal.Money wise,Chelsea make more financially and that wasn`t the case 20 years ago.

With the right owners and Management,we could have been top dogs in London.

They gain an income,not just from football at the Stadium.If you listen to that fella on Football Finances,he said Spurs use that stadium 365 days of the year,
1 x

User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 4732
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm
x 707
x 517

Re: Protest Details.

Post by terrya1965 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:50 am

BlackDiamond wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:13 pm
terrya1965 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:02 pm


You only have to look at difference in the people that run Tottenham and the idiots that run us.

When G & S took over,there was not a lot between the 2 clubs.We had identical crowds,even if Spurs had a slightly better history.They just had the edge over us,but it wasn't a massive gap.

Today,you look at it.Spurs OWN their own Stadium with a fantastic deal in the way they are paying for it.They are making a massive amount of money by using it 365 days a year,while we just got 25 days in a rented bowl.Everything by Daniel Levy has been thought about carefully and delivered diligently.Then on the field,both are on a completely different level.

The lack of common sense of renting a Stadium,that brings in peanuts in comparison to those of our neighbours is nothing short of ludicrous.

It`s just one of a number of things that G & S have failed at miserably since being in charge.
So moving to the Olympic Park was the worst financial investment that the club could have made

...unless you could make all your money quick,from the sale of Upton Park - and we know that didn't happen,because one they told us so...and two,everyone knows the sale was only £40M...
Do you honestly think,they made just £40 million?

That got sold on within months for something like £160 million.Don`t worry,they had a slice of that too.
1 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 9413
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 219
x 1148

Re: Protest Details.

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:41 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:40 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:39 pm


I agree with you about the calibre of people running the two clubs. Chalk and cheese come to mind.

But , come on Tel, take off those C & B spect. "Not a lot between the 2 clubs "? In attendance terms probably not but in historical achievements ?

The only trophy we have won as often as Spurs is the old ECWC. We have to face facts they are a far bigger club than we are. When I first started watching football there was a big 5. Manchester United ( even though their team in the early 70s was crap), the two Scouse teams , Arsenal & Spurs. We were always lumped with Chelsea to be regarded as the 3rd biggest London club.

And what do Spurs use their stadium for 365 days a year when they aren't playing football on it? How much did we earn from Upton Park when it was still there ?

The dwarf and the dribbler are a pair of shysters. We all know that. But moving to the LS was a good move. Unfortunately, coming back to your point about the calibre of people running the club, the move was mishandled.
Spurs of the past,yes,a lot bigger,but at the time of G & S taking over,the gap was probably at it`s smallest between them.The difference now is,they are in a different world to us.

Spurs were always bigger than Chelsea,but they aren't now,are they?Chelsea are has big,if not even bigger world wise,than Arsenal.Money wise,Chelsea make more financially and that wasn`t the case 20 years ago.

With the right owners and Management,we could have been top dogs in London.

They gain an income,not just from football at the Stadium.If you listen to that fella on Football Finances,he said Spurs use that stadium 365 days of the year,
They have a restaurant and banqueting facility which obviously generates a lot of use. It's part of the stadium complex and I guess it is open every day. If we owned the LS we could maybe develop something similar but I can't somehow imagine people flocking to Upton Park for a top class dining experience had we stayed there, can you ?

Chelsea is now a bigger club than Spurs thanks to Abramovich and are a good example as you say of how a club can develop with the appropriate and correctly used level of investment. Manchester City is of course another example and Paris St Germain who were just another club before they were taken over.

Problem is West Ham have always been seen as a scruffy little East End club whereas Chelsea have a far more fashionable West London postcode, which does make a difference. It's one of the reasons I hate the label "working class club" that we always seem to be stuck with. Despite the fact there was a survey carried out a few years back that claimed we had one of the biggest percentages of season ticket holders with 6 figure salaries in the league.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
prince of wales
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:35 am
x 4
x 81

Re: Protest Details.

Post by prince of wales » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:08 am

West Ham fans are coming from all over.Many do not know The Greenway.
We will be putting up details of joining points but in the meantime can confirm that the Greenway is easily walked to from Plaistow and West Ham stations.We understand that some will struggle to walk the whole route and will join later.Possibly this will be by Pudding Mill Lane Station.
We will look at all the options and post arrangements accordingly.
See You There.

Hammers United Committee.
3 x

Post Reply

Social Media