Today's evening standard.

Chat about anything football related here!
Neville Bartos

Re: Today's evening standard.

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:21 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:02 pm
Castiron wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:40 pm
I still can't believe that someone of Pellegrinis standing in the football world could not attract better players in his time here. Surely he could see what was needed.....surely?.
I honestly believe that half the signings weren't his. Personally I think he was undermined by those scabs and it was they that did the dealings behind his back. I also think that because if it, he lost complete interest in the club and towards the end of his tenure just gave up completely and wanted out.
We'll never know of course as it seems that anyone who leaves West Ham has a gagging order on them that the Freemasons would be proud of.
It also seems strange to me how Slavs West Brom with Dicksy at his side are top of the league playing good football and looking certs for promotion, while we're once again in the shit.
They may pay good wages, but they must be horrible cunts to work for, which is why I'm surprised at Moyes returning. If it were me, I'd have sent the little midget in to orbit with a slap and told him to go fuck himself. But there you go.
Moyes wants back into the big leagues and we're the only game in town. You don't bite the hand that will eventually stab you in the back.
2 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:22 pm

Castiron wrote:
I still can't believe that someone of Pellegrinis standing in the football world could not attract better players in his time here. Surely he could see what was needed.....surely?.
Maybe it wasn't Pellegrini, maybe it was the clubs name in world football is not the best. Pellegrini almost certainly brought in the likes of Haller, Anderson, Fornals, Diop and Balbuena, all who have the ability to shine in the West Ham shirt, do you believe that Moyes standing could of brought in that type of player. Pellegrini was one or two players away from a decent team....not squad, it all started well then the next summer transfer window had the rug pulled from under him.
1 x

Castiron

Post by Castiron » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:26 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:
Castiron wrote:
I honestly believe that half the signings weren't his. Personally I think he was undermined by those scabs and it was they that did the dealings behind his back. I also think that because if it, he lost complete interest in the club and towards the end of his tenure just gave up completely and wanted out.
We'll never know of course as it seems that anyone who leaves West Ham has a gagging order on them that the Freemasons would be proud of.
It also seems strange to me how Slavs West Brom with Dicksy at his side are top of the league playing good football and looking certs for promotion, while we're once again in the shit.
They may pay good wages, but they must be horrible cunts to work for, which is why I'm surprised at Moyes returning. If it were me, I'd have sent the little midget in to orbit with a slap and told him to go fuck himself. But there you go.
Let's be honest mate, if they really wanted to be up there with the likes of the Spuds, they would have done everything in their power to go and get Pochetino. Yes, I can hear the laughter from here, but that is just the point.
They promised a Champions League Stadium, with Champions League football. If they really wanted that, they would be pulling out all the stops to achieve it, but we all know that they would never back the manager on the market.
Although he never won anything, he has got the Spuds to where they are now.
1 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:35 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:21 pm
No coincidence with the timing of that.
Once again he scores an own goal because all he’s doing is attracting more mainstream media attention.
That didn’t end too well for him last time.

Doesn’t learn from his mistakes this bloke does he.
You’d have thought someone with a media background would be a bit less shit at it?
FFS Tone. The fucking "SPORT" !!! The media sometimes deserve all the criticism they get but describing the dwarf 's background as "media" does the industry a massive disservice imo.
2 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:59 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:35 pm
ToneLoc wrote:
Once again he scores an own goal because all he’s doing is attracting more mainstream media attention.

You’d have thought someone with a media background would be a bit less shit at it?
FFS Tone. The fucking "SPORT" !!! The media sometimes deserve all the criticism they get but describing the dwarf 's background as "media" does the industry a massive disservice imo.
You’ve got me there mate :lol:
1 x
Jurgen Klopp’s teeth are giving me a migraine

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:02 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:35 pm
ToneLoc wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:04 pm

Castiron wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:26 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote:

Let's be honest mate, if they really wanted to be up there with the likes of the Spuds, they would have done everything in their power to go and get Pochetino. Yes, I can hear the laughter from here, but that is just the point.
They promised a Champions League Stadium, with Champions League football. If they really wanted that, they would be pulling out all the stops to achieve it, but we all know that they would never back the manager on the market.
We have nothing to attract a top end coach. Well not one that isn't past it and pissing about in China anyway.
Based on that I'd guess the Spanish waiter will be arriving shortly after Moyes wears out his welcome.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:19 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:04 pm
Castiron wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:26 pm

We have nothing to attract a top end coach. Well not one that isn't past it and pissing about in China anyway.
Based on that I'd guess the Spanish waiter will be arriving shortly after Moyes wears out his welcome.
Or conversely, we give Moyes the kind of players only Audrey could attract and then add a bit of Scottish steel type to the squad, which lets face it if the likes of Anderson, Haller, Fornals, Lanzini, Yarma, & Antonio had behind them and didn't have to back-track so much, we could easily crack the top 15!
0 x
Patriotism, like celibacy, can be carried too far!

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:59 am

Hammertime wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:19 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:04 pm

Or conversely, we give Moyes the kind of players only Audrey could attract and then add a bit of Scottish steel type to the squad, which lets face it if the likes of Anderson, Haller, Fornals, Lanzini, Yarma, & Antonio had behind them and didn't have to back-track so much, we could easily crack the top 15!
Scottish Steel? Is that a hint we're about to sign Graeme Shinnie? It's about time we showed some ambition.
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:54 pm

Castiron wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:30 pm
h69 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:31 pm

Of course and they deserve to go under a bus. They were responsible. Quite a bit of money has been spent, they were paid a fair amount and they were doing ok until the team suddenly downed tools this season.
Pellegrini could not get Anderson, Fornals or Haller playing well consistently and can you honestly say they improved under him ?

Pelle was a nice guy and a gentleman but I am afraid that is down to the manager and some of the signings are down to Husillos. They also chose to use the money on wingers galore rather than get a holding player and they chose the gung ho tactics.
How do you know they chose to buy the players they did?. Pellegrini may have wanted a holding midfielder, he may have asked the board to finance a deal for his target, and he may have got turned down. None of us know, and probably never will.
Edit to say, I would love to hear Pellegrinis side
Pellegrini made a point of telling everyone that he wanted Fornals and had been tracking him for years. Dont get me wrong, I like Fornals myself and prefer him to Lanzini but did we really need him for 24m ? when we had Lanzini, Anderson, Masuaku, Yarmolenko and Antonio. How many people can play wide ? He could have offloaded Lanzini for example if he was that desperate and replaced him with a holding player.
0 x

Social Media