Our scouts.

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Our scouts.

Post by Brookbonds73 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:05 pm

A friend of mine mentioned to me that he had seen an advertisement for club scouts at West Ham. He knows the scouting set up quite well as he does it for them at N17 and has been doing so for quite some time. He also mentioned that it was for volunteers! Yes, volunteers!
He was dumbstruck, I was fucking livid.
He also went on to say that in order to become a scout you had to have the necessary papers that reach certain levels (something that he has had to do) in order to be a scout. Apparently it is a proper job in which you need the appropriate certificates. Not only that he also stated that he gets paid for it, and not a volunteer! He gets mileage and tickets are arranged for certain matches.
So not only are the scum doing things on the cheap, they want people to give up their time for nothing.
Which leads me on to Gonzo's video posted today (hope you don't mind Kris) in which he states that West Ham only have one scout! Yes, just one. Them have around 60. And that is only the one's over here!
Abroad it's probably a vast network trawling Europe, who knows, but we have ONE!!!
So not only has David Moyes got to be managing the team, but in his spare time, can he do some scouting and by the way the toilets need unblocking Dave ffs!!
So if anyone is expecting the next Messi to rock up at West Ham, forget it, it ain't happening.
So, if you've got a bit of time on your hands, pop out and do a bit of scouting for Sugo, you won't get fuck all, but you'll be doing it for a good cause. The greedy shitcunt society.

I honestly hope tomorrow, people protest peacefully, support the team and we win. But after that, knock yourselves out. :twisted:
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

ToneLoc

Re: Our scouts.

Post by ToneLoc » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:34 pm

Apparently the volunteer scouts are given a free “Dib dib dob dob” t-shirt.
0 x
Jurgen Klopp’s teeth are giving me a migraine

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:37 pm

It might only be one BB ...but he gives 100%......when he's not in school

0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:11 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:05 pm
A friend of mine mentioned to me that he had seen an advertisement for club scouts at West Ham. He knows the scouting set up quite well as he does it for them at N17 and has been doing so for quite some time. He also mentioned that it was for volunteers! Yes, volunteers!
He was dumbstruck, I was fucking livid.
He also went on to say that in order to become a scout you had to have the necessary papers that reach certain levels (something that he has had to do) in order to be a scout. Apparently it is a proper job in which you need the appropriate certificates. Not only that he also stated that he gets paid for it, and not a volunteer! He gets mileage and tickets are arranged for certain matches.
So not only are the scum doing things on the cheap, they want people to give up their time for nothing.
Which leads me on to Gonzo's video posted today (hope you don't mind Kris) in which he states that West Ham only have one scout! Yes, just one. Them have around 60. And that is only the one's over here!
Abroad it's probably a vast network trawling Europe, who knows, but we have ONE!!!
So not only has David Moyes got to be managing the team, but in his spare time, can he do some scouting and by the way the toilets need unblocking Dave ffs!!
So if anyone is expecting the next Messi to rock up at West Ham, forget it, it ain't happening.
So, if you've got a bit of time on your hands, pop out and do a bit of scouting for Sugo, you won't get fuck all, but you'll be doing it for a good cause. The greedy shitcunt society.

I honestly hope tomorrow, people protest peacefully, support the team and we win. But after that, knock yourselves out. :twisted:
I would imagine, and fucking well hope, that the "volunteering" bit is aimed at people, like me, who coach kids. Surely they don't expect some bloke with a family to support to go swanning off round the country to try and identify the next fucking Jordan Hugill for a few luncheon vouchers and mileage allowance.

When I did my coaching courses there was a bloke presenting one of the modules who also presented scouting courses. Apparently there are 3 levels, so your mate is spot on in saying you have to have the credentials to have a chance of getting a gig with a pro club. Unless that club happens to be West Ham of course. ;)

The club I coach at, and many other clubs our kids come up against, have been contacted by local (including London) professional clubs and we have contacts within the clubs who are only too happy to receive phone calls from coaches about kids who show exceptional talent. I coach Under 16's mostly so I don't get the really exceptional ones because they've usually been "Academyised" by the time they start senior school but we do get visits from Arsenal, Spurs, Watford & Chelsea scouts from time to time.

Oddly enough we have never had any visits, or communication, from West Ham. :lol:
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

hd1

Post by hd1 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:39 pm

When we brought Husilos alongside Pellegrini, we also brought in Claudio Carsi and his network of scouts which made sense as we had none before and this was supposed to be a long term appointment.

Now we are having to build up a new network and this is underway but probably won't be complete until the summer window. The 'volunteer' jobs are the kids/academy level.
0 x

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:48 pm

Claudio Carsi very apt for some of the shit we have at the club .
3 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:53 pm

We have a very good scout in runt junior.

14 hours a day on FIFA 20 won't go wasted.
1 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:03 pm

Apparently we're after a new Zealand international who goes by the name Maori Ginal. Only trouble is he's got to row himself here. Might be here just in time for deadline day.
We also sent a plane out to Ghana, but the Lancaster hit turbulence over Hemel Hempstead and had to turn back
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:02 pm

Which scout?

I read we have four

But Diddy Dave Dildo has Pro Evo on the PS3
0 x

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:07 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:03 pm
Apparently we're after a new Zealand international who goes by the name Maori Ginal. Only trouble is he's got to row himself here. Might be here just in time for deadline day.
We also sent a plane out to Ghana, but the Lancaster hit turbulence over Hemel Hempstead and had to turn back
There’s supposed to be a New Zealand International centre half on the playing staff
0 x

Social Media