Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
Shortshanks
Posts: 1102
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:54 pm
x 161
x 168

Re: Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Shortshanks » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:09 pm

Good game for our manager to wake up and see if he's learnt anything. Forget the result and put a side out who can at least run at a decent pace and compete. Man C aren't pulling up any trees at the moment.
2 x

User avatar
LondonWelsh
Posts: 986
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:20 pm
x 69
x 47

Re: Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by LondonWelsh » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:44 pm

Looking forward to this nail biter!
1 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 9413
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 219
x 1147

Re: Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:18 am

Taansend wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:03 pm
Yarm & Andy are training. Not sure if they'll be ready for Sunday or maybe a bench spot but good that they're almost back.

A front three of those two & Bowen might do some damage in our run in
Damage ? To who ? Us or the opposition. ?
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
Clayton
Posts: 5591
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:29 pm
x 702
x 598

Re: Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Clayton » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:39 am

Towie wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:52 pm
Clayton wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:31 am
No five at the back for me , Moyes needs to wake up and stop trying to not lose games , Man City are not good at the moment and we need to have a go at them , Antonio and Bowen can do that . Want to see Balbuena and Fornals start , we have done well when they have started games , Chelsea , Southampton and Bournemouth .
We do not want to sit back and let them come to us , because eventually they will score , Brighton showed that , when we went to a back five to protect our lead :( .
Fabianski
Ngakia - Balbuena - Ogbonna - Cresswell
Rice - Fornals - Soucek
Bowen - Haller - Antonio

Randolph - Fredericks - Masuaku - Diop - Noble - Snodgrass - Ajeti

Going to give Haller 45 minutes to terrify the Man City defence , if he cannot do that with this team and the form their defence are in he doesn't deserve to get another chance .
:( Think Moyes will more then likely play a back five , with Haller on his jack jones , and Antonio in behind him , oh and Noble in the middle , so no Fornals either . Oh and our new goal scoring right wing on the bench .
You obviously didn’t see Balbuena in the recent WBA game...

But I agree we need to be bold, let’s have a go what’s the worst that could happen? We get thrashed 5-0 we could get that sitting on our 18 yard box. It’s Moyes expect the latter.
One game doesn't make him a poor player , other more senior players get picked and many would say they have been a lot worse .
0 x

User avatar
Taansend
Posts: 8049
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: San Diego California
x 971
x 330
Contact:

Re: Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Taansend » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:59 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:18 am
Taansend wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:03 pm
Yarm & Andy are training. Not sure if they'll be ready for Sunday or maybe a bench spot but good that they're almost back.

A front three of those two & Bowen might do some damage in our run in
Damage ? To who ? Us or the opposition. ?
Them, mate. We're going to have a barnstorming finish to the season.
2 x

User avatar
normannomates
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:15 pm
x 26
x 29

Re: Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by normannomates » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:09 am

Heart 1-2
Head 3-1

we NEED a fluke result from one of these next two.
Impossible?.. NAH

BRING EM ON
2 x

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 9213
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: Wuhan China
x 520
x 1167

Re: Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by palerider » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:54 am

Sterling's out.

I think the Mancs will struggle now.

:lol:




PS. Safe journey for those going. Ciara's landing tonight.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

User avatar
Clayton
Posts: 5591
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:29 pm
x 702
x 598

Re: Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Clayton » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:36 am

Shortshanks wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:09 pm
Good game for our manager to wake up and see if he's learnt anything. Forget the result and put a side out who can at least run at a decent pace and compete. Man C aren't pulling up any trees at the moment.
Hoping the same , he can't carry on picking Lanzini , Haller , Nobles and Snodgrass . I want to see us have a go at winning and actually show we are capable of competing .
1 x

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 5082
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 368
x 491

Re: Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by mkhammer » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:15 pm

Hope we play Ok....and cut out the mistakes...I think thats whats costing us as much as anything,
Every Game we're letting stupid goals in...having a shit run of luck as well...

Is why I don't see us as nailed on for drop....relying on that turning around.

Even if we were playing decent,we wouldn't be expecting much from next couple games,
just hope we can be steady and create a few chances...which we usually do,and not get a hiding..
Always wanna and think we can win whoever we play....

Big odds on this one we're 27s at moment...was 30s so someones steaming in.... :lol: so can cover
the win either way and a draw..as long as both team score...City 6/4.. draw 14s.. us 38s... :o

Be fucked off we win 1-0........or maybe not..... :lol:
0 x

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 9213
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: Wuhan China
x 520
x 1167

Re: Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by palerider » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:47 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:15 pm
Hope we play Ok....and cut out the mistakes...I think thats whats costing us as much as anything,
Every Game we're letting stupid goals in...having a shit run of luck as well...

Is why I don't see us as nailed on for drop....relying on that turning around.

Even if we were playing decent,we wouldn't be expecting much from next couple games,
just hope we can be steady and create a few chances...which we usually do,and not get a hiding..
Always wanna and think we can win whoever we play....

Big odds on this one we're 27s at moment...was 30s so someones steaming in.... :lol: so can cover
the win either way and a draw..as long as both team score...City 6/4.. draw 14s.. us 38s... :o

Be fucked off we win 1-0........or maybe not..... :lol:
Funny how people see it.

I think we've got relegation written all over us with the games we have left.
1 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Post Reply

Social Media