Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Brookbonds73 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:09 pm

palerider wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:47 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:15 pm
Hope we play Ok....and cut out the mistakes...I think thats whats costing us as much as anything,
Every Game we're letting stupid goals in...having a shit run of luck as well...

Is why I don't see us as nailed on for drop....relying on that turning around.

Even if we were playing decent,we wouldn't be expecting much from next couple games,
just hope we can be steady and create a few chances...which we usually do,and not get a hiding..
Always wanna and think we can win whoever we play....

Big odds on this one we're 27s at moment...was 30s so someones steaming in.... :lol: so can cover
the win either way and a draw..as long as both team score...City 6/4.. draw 14s.. us 38s... :o

Be fucked off we win 1-0........or maybe not..... :lol:
Funny how people see it.

I think we've got relegation written all over us with the games we have left.
Same here sadly.
There's no guts in this team. I hope I'm proved wrong but I just don't see it. No doubt it'll be all the fans fault because we've created unrest and failed to get behind the team. Which in turn will lead them to demand an apology from every fan with the possibility of having their season tickets revoked. Only after they've renewed of course.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:09 pm

Clayton wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:36 am
Shortshanks wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:09 pm
Good game for our manager to wake up and see if he's learnt anything. Forget the result and put a side out who can at least run at a decent pace and compete. Man C aren't pulling up any trees at the moment.
Hoping the same , he can't carry on picking Lanzini , Haller , Nobles and Snodgrass . I want to see us have a go at winning and actually show we are capable of competing .
Snodgrass?
0 x

Towie

Post by Towie » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:57 pm

palerider wrote:
mkhammer wrote:
Hope we play Ok....and cut out the mistakes...I think thats whats costing us as much as anything,

Even if we were playing decent,we wouldn't be expecting much from next couple games,
just hope we can be steady and create a few chances...which we usually do,and not get a hiding..

Big odds on this one we're 27s at moment...was 30s so someones steaming in.... :lol: so can cover
the win either way and a draw..as long as both team score...City 6/4.. draw 14s.. us 38s... :o

Funny how people see it.

Find it really strange when people say the games we have left. We have a few tough games next few weeks off course, but the other in relegation battle have the same teams to play?
We need to beat the teams around us that is what will relegate us or not.

But having seen Moyes snatch away a victory for us with his costly substitution I fear it will be him and his negative ways that will cost us.
3 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Towie

Post by Towie » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:59 pm

Taansend wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:09 pm
Clayton wrote:

Hoping the same , he can't carry on picking Lanzini , Haller , Nobles and Snodgrass . I want to see us have a go at winning and actually show we are capable of competing .
Snodgrass?
Yep, says it all really about our season. That snodgrass is probably one of favourites for HOTY.
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:31 pm

palerider wrote:
mkhammer wrote:

Funny how people see it.

Have to reluctantly agree. It doesn't seem to matter who we play we can't seem to have the majority of possession. 35% at home against a side like Brighton isn't going to keep us up. Something has to change and not just shut your eyes and hope for the best. Will Moyes have the courage to be bold and do something ? I doubt it and to carry on in the same way means disaster to me.
0 x

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:26 pm

Both results went our way today. Palace haven't won in about 7 games and the Brighton Watford draw was best for us.

A Sheffield win in the early game means we'll be 16th after the City win
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:03 pm

Taansend wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:09 pm
Clayton wrote:

Snodgrass?
Cannot see where he fits in the team if all are fit .
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:18 pm

Shortshanks wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:31 pm
palerider wrote:

Funny how people see it.

Have to reluctantly agree. It doesn't seem to matter who we play we can't seem to have the majority of possession. 35% at home against a side like Brighton isn't going to keep us up. Something has to change and not just shut your eyes and hope for the best. Will Moyes have the courage to be bold and do something ? I doubt it and to carry on in the same way means disaster to me.
Statistics, as a wise man once said, can be used to prove pretty much anything you want them to. But 35% possession against a side as poor as Brighton speaks volumes. Clubs with decent ball possession stats are inevitably the sides with good, effective midfields. Our midfield is fucking woeful, hence the woeful possession stats. And better sides than Brighton will punish us.

As Pale says our team has relegation written all over it. The next two games could get very messy indeed. City haven't scored in 2 games and we all know how generous we are against teams in bad runs. I'd happily settle for a 3-0 loss if offered in both the next two games. Fortunately I'm going to miss tomorrow's match because I'm trying to fix up a 6 month booking in Lanzarote for a little band I'm managing at the moment. Unfortunately the meeting I've got is in London and not the bloody Canary Islands. ;)

Hopefully my little mob will give me something to be happy about in their game Sunday morning.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Rumford

Post by Rumford » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:02 pm

Anyone going up on the rattler, expect a special service with train times taking double what they should.

Safe journey up everyone
1 x

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:32 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:18 pm
Shortshanks wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:31 pm

Statistics, as a wise man once said, can be used to prove pretty much anything you want them to. But 35% possession against a side as poor as Brighton speaks volumes. Clubs with decent ball possession stats are inevitably the sides with good, effective midfields. Our midfield is fucking woeful, hence the woeful possession stats. And better sides than Brighton will punish us.

As Pale says our team has relegation written all over it. The next two games could get very messy indeed. City haven't scored in 2 games and we all know how generous we are against teams in bad runs. I'd happily settle for a 3-0 loss if offered in both the next two games. Fortunately I'm going to miss tomorrow's match because I'm trying to fix up a 6 month booking in Lanzarote for a little band I'm managing at the moment. Unfortunately the meeting I've got is in London and not the bloody Canary Islands. ;)

Hopefully my little mob will give me something to be happy about in their game Sunday morning.
"for a little band I'm managing at the moment". The Krankies ?
1 x

Social Media