I’ve not received a penny

Chat about anything football related here!
downunda

I’ve not received a penny

Post by downunda » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:37 am

Does he actually believe this:

Gold said: “We've now got a stadium which holds 60,000 from one which held 35,000. OK, we do understand that there have been difficulties with the stadium but you've only got to go back and look at what you had at West Ham .

“When I was a boy as a fan, all I remember is a football club in the old second division, all my young life it was in the old second division.

“At least it’s in the Premier League now. OK, we've got a few problems now, but overall we’re moving upwards.

“It also depends on who you speak to. I spoke to a cab driver who drove me yesterday and we had half an hour talking and he was thrilled with the stadium. His kids love it, he was telling me the story about his day when he goes to a match. That’s fantastic.

“But is he on the television? Is he in the paper? No. All that’s in the paper is the guy that wants to kill me or burn my house down. That’s the problem.”

The fans were sold a dream with the move to the London Stadium, but that’s in danger of turning into a nightmare.

Gold says they are still on track to use it as a springboard to reach the next level.

“It still is,” he said. “You’d like to do it in five years, which we hoped would happen, but it’s not ­because we’ve taken all the money out and gone off to ­Barbados to sit in the sunshine.

"I’ve not received a penny in ­salary or expenses from West Ham in 10 years. I know of ­owners or chief executives that are earning £3million a year... and more.”

Gold did refuse to deny they could sell the club in the future as it’s believed they could cash in after 2021 without having to pay money back.

“Well, I might… that’s our prerogative,” said Gold. “I might sell my car. But do I look like I’m in it for profit? I’m the kid who used to bunk in at West Ham, I grew up with a life of poverty as a young boy. It’s a dream.

“Nobody believes the story but how can a kid in the East End of London with his arse hanging out of his trousers, how can that guy end up making it in the Premier League?”

Gold did admit, though, that it is a “dream” for him to own West Ham and also defended Sullivan and Brady who have both come under fire from furious supporters.

“Yes it has been a dream and for people to say… the story is that we're liars, that we've taken all the money and all of it is wrong. We're not liars. We make mistakes. We make mistakes, but we're not liars.

“David Sullivan is not a bad person. He wants the club to be successful.

"Karren Brady works for the football club and she wants the best for the football club. She works her socks off to ensure that.”

Gold also vehemently defended their record when owners of Birmingham City, insisting they saved the club from ruin and took them into the Premier League and has been upset by criticism.

He added: “I was really saddened by 17 years that I spent at Birmingham City taking the football club from a complete disaster, we paid £1 for it and I think we still overpaid.

“Of course it hurts. We took a club which was about to go into administration, saved it.

"It had been in the third division, we took it from the third division and we took it to the Premier League and when we left it, it was in tenth place in the Premier League.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... d-21446439
1 x

Neville Bartos

Re: I’ve not received a penny

Post by Neville Bartos » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:46 am

This is on the BBC as well, under the guise of condemning violence.
Funny how these stories pop up in the media every time there's a hint of insurrection.
Oh look its doddery David banging on about poverty and sneaking off to see his beloved Hammers. All whilst being faced by violent ingrates -- a dozen times allegedly.
Expect Sullivan and Brady propaganda pieces to follow shortly.
2 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:48 am

Lying old cunt.
0 x

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:57 am

Bollocks.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:45 am

Taken from the mail online.

"I know exactly what Ed has experienced': West Ham co-chairman David Gold offers support to Manchester United chief Woodward after revealing his 'terror' at being targeted by angry fans during protest

Woodward's home was targeted by a group chanting that he was 'going to die'
Gold and co-chairman David Sullivan were targeted by angry fans last season
Premier League have agreed to clamp down on threats and violent protests
Fans who behave in 'unacceptable' manner' face ban from all 20 grounds
Under-fire West Ham co-chairman David Gold says threats and violent fan protests against football executives 'cannot be tolerated'.

He hit out after the home of Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward was targeted by a group chanting that he was 'going to die'.

Gold and co-chairman David Sullivan were targeted when angry fans tried to attack the directors’ box during a home game with Burnley last season.

West Ham owners David Sullivan and David Gold Gold were targeted by angry fans last season
West Ham owners David Sullivan and David Gold Gold were targeted by angry fans last season.

'I know exactly what Ed's experienced. I've experienced it four or five times myself,' he told the BBC.

'What you've got to understand is that it is by a minute percentage, a couple of hundred people.

'In my mind you've got a couple of hundred belligerents who want to, metaphorically, burn your house down. And those 200 will gather people who are listening, or walking by and wonder what it is all about.'

The Premier League announced on Thursday that fans who behave in an 'unacceptable' manner towards players, supporters, club employees or referees will face a ban from all 20 grounds.

'The league will come together as a unit to protect the likes of Ed and punish those perpetrators. It cannot be tolerated,' said Gold.

'Manchester United are a big club, Ed Woodward is a big figure in the game. He cannot be worried about his wife and children.

'The Burnley game was a terrible experience, I couldn’t tell you. My 10-year-old granddaughter said: 'Grandpa what do they mean? You’re not a liar are you grandpa?’ I mean, what do you say to a 10-year-old? It was dreadful.'

West Ham are bracing themselves for more fan protests this season

So he's experienced it several times! Just goes to show how shit they are at running a football club then doesn't it. And I think he'll find that he needs new glasses, because it's definitely more than a few hundred protesters.
And what do you say to a ten year old, I know, DUCK!!!! :lol:
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:56 am

downunda wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:37 am

"Karren Brady works for the football club and she wants the best for the football club. She works her socks off to ensure that.”
Whatever anyone thinks of her business sense I don't think anyone can deny she has some good attributes. I'm referring, of course, to the two puppies which, imo, are an outstanding feature.

But I never knew she wore socks. And the idea of a woman, any woman, wearing fucking socks is a complete turn off.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:08 am

Now a new low if that were possible
The sly conniving fucking old weasel is now using a child for the sympathy vote and acting the “victim “ all over again.
Fucking beggars belief.
6 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:19 am

Dwayne Pipes wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:08 am
Now a new low if that were possible
The sly conniving fucking old weasel is now using a child for the sympathy vote and acting the “victim “ all over again.
Fucking beggars belief.
Absolutely , a touch of the Saddam Hussain’s human shields there . £18.4m in interest payments .

But not a penny out of the club in 10 years .

I assume the photo in this article has been taken recently and the lying Cunt doesn’t look well does he ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thes ... sbout/amp/
3 x
Bring back Jonathon !

garnett

Post by garnett » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:24 am

Yet another own goal, if you continue stoking the fire you will get burned, not a threat btw David.

You once said if enough wanted you go you would, do a poll, one you cant rig.
1 x

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:33 am

He said we are going upwards.......

We are doing f&cking downward FAST, like Sunderland FFS

All liars and they have to go, please go for the sake of our fans.
0 x

Social Media