Read all about it!

Chat about anything football related here!
andyginbrasil

Re: Read all about it!

Post by andyginbrasil » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:54 am

Personally I have never been to the LS, but spent more than 50 years going to our old home Upton Park, I know it was a shithole towards the end and as for getting there that was just a fucking nightmare. Re development was really a non starter so a move really was the only option.
My gripe against the board about the move, and this is why I detest them with a passion, is the way they went about it.
Sullivan bought the club with just one thought in mind, as he stated on in his first interview, when they bought the club, to acquire the Olympic Stadium. Whatever we, the fans, wanted would never be a factor in their efforts to secure the lease, although they came up with many facts and figures to try and persuade us that it was in our best interest, when in reality it was purely down to greed and financial gain for themselves. They had previously bought Birmingham City purely hoping that the Commonwealth Games would be held there and they had a chance of getting a new stadium on the cheap, that didn't happen and then the chance of buying West Ham came along, as did the lies.
Did I want us to move, no, well at least not to the LS which was never going to be a football stadium without huge investment and getting rid of the athletics track. But 80% of the fans were in favor of the move, according to the board or was that the first lie. If I asked 10 of my mates who were ST holders if they wanted the move apparently 8 out of those 10 would say yes, when in fact it was completely the other way round, 80% didn't want the move. Because of the uncertainty of the boards figures regarding the 80% in favor of the move, the board were asked to carry out an individual public poll, to prove their figures, which they point blankly refused to do so. Then came the lies regarding the retractable seating and the distance from the pitch etc. That was when my hatred for them really started. Pure lies
If they had come in and told us from the start that they were going to move us from UP into a purpose built stadium, then maybe the hatred towards them would not be so great as it is now.
Everything they have done to this club over the last 10 years has been purely for their own benefit and to secure the LS and nothing will persuade me otherwise. Upton Park was sold purely to clear the bank debt, a stipulation in the lease that we could only acquire the stadium if our bank debt was reduced to zero. If UP had been sold legitimately, and we had received full market value that would of gone a long way to financing a purpose built stadium, and a home for West Ham United, and then maybe we would have a happier fan base
I know this is a long winded rant....but for those who say that the move to the LS should not form part of the protest against the board...it should...because this was the start of their lies...and has continued up to the present day and will continue for a long time to come. If the present board were to go now the new owners would still inherit the legacy that GSB have left behind...until the LS is bought and transformed into a real football ground, but that would cost a great deal of money, but would be a cheaper option than spending one billion pounds on a stadium like the toilet seat stadium........but we can only hope and dream that one day we can have a ground, a team and a board that the football world can respect.
5 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:56 am

Too long to read Andy and no proper paragraph breaks but I bet it's damned saucy.

I started reading but you said LS. It's not LS but ILS as it's iconic.

Woof woof.
1 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:10 pm

palerider wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:56 am
Too long to read Andy and no proper paragraph breaks but I bet it's damned saucy.

I started reading but you said LS. It's not LS but ILS as it's iconic.

Woof woof.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry couldn't stop for breath......and how do you get a paragraph break.....on my Amstrad
0 x

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:36 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:54 am
Personally I have never been to the LS, but spent more than 50 years going to our old home Upton Park, I know it was a shithole towards the end and as for getting there that was just a fucking nightmare. Re development was really a non starter so a move really was the only option.
My gripe against the board about the move, and this is why I detest them with a passion, is the way they went about it.
Sullivan bought the club with just one thought in mind, as he stated on in his first interview, when they bought the club, to acquire the Olympic Stadium. Whatever we, the fans, wanted would never be a factor in their efforts to secure the lease, although they came up with many facts and figures to try and persuade us that it was in our best interest, when in reality it was purely down to greed and financial gain for themselves. They had previously bought Birmingham City purely hoping that the Commonwealth Games would be held there and they had a chance of getting a new stadium on the cheap, that didn't happen and then the chance of buying West Ham came along, as did the lies.
Did I want us to move, no, well at least not to the LS which was never going to be a football stadium without huge investment and getting rid of the athletics track. But 80% of the fans were in favor of the move, according to the board or was that the first lie. If I asked 10 of my mates who were ST holders if they wanted the move apparently 8 out of those 10 would say yes, when in fact it was completely the other way round, 80% didn't want the move. Because of the uncertainty of the boards figures regarding the 80% in favor of the move, the board were asked to carry out an individual public poll, to prove their figures, which they point blankly refused to do so. Then came the lies regarding the retractable seating and the distance from the pitch etc. That was when my hatred for them really started. Pure lies
If they had come in and told us from the start that they were going to move us from UP into a purpose built stadium, then maybe the hatred towards them would not be so great as it is now.
Everything they have done to this club over the last 10 years has been purely for their own benefit and to secure the LS and nothing will persuade me otherwise. Upton Park was sold purely to clear the bank debt, a stipulation in the lease that we could only acquire the stadium if our bank debt was reduced to zero. If UP had been sold legitimately, and we had received full market value that would of gone a long way to financing a purpose built stadium, and a home for West Ham United, and then maybe we would have a happier fan base
I know this is a long winded rant....but for those who say that the move to the LS should not form part of the protest against the board...it should...because this was the start of their lies...and has continued up to the present day and will continue for a long time to come. If the present board were to go now the new owners would still inherit the legacy that GSB have left behind...until the LS is bought and transformed into a real football ground, but that would cost a great deal of money, but would be a cheaper option than spending one billion pounds on a stadium like the toilet seat stadium........but we can only hope and dream that one day we can have a ground, a team and a board that the football world can respect.
A fine piece of work my friend.
1 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:50 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
The long Brazilian summer evenings must just fly by.... :D
0 x
Bring back Jonathon !

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:52 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:50 pm

The long Brazilian summer evenings must just fly by.... :D
I really must lay of the Cachaça for breakfast it doesn't do me any good what so ever...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

JayK

Post by JayK » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:55 am

andyginbrasil wrote:
I actually read all that and I think you’re bang on mate. Kinda what I was trying to say but I couldn’t be arsed to write that much and woulda forgotten what I’d already put after about 3 sentences. So my post woulda been much longer but repetitive.

I actually read all that and I think you’re bang on..... :roll: :lol:
0 x
COYI!!!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:26 am

Rather long winded,Took me a while but I certainly read all about it.

Good show!!
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:22 am

Konchesky joins the ever growing board noshing crew

https://www.claretandhugh.info/konchesk ... -everyone/
0 x
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:27 am

Newmarket wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:22 am
Konchesky joins the ever growing board noshing crew

https://www.claretandhugh.info/konchesk ... -everyone/
Hardly board noshing is it ? Seems he's an employee. Would you or I not say the same things if we were asked to comment about our employer ?
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Social Media