Match Off !!

Chat about anything football related here!
BillyDWhizz

Re: Match Off !!

Post by BillyDWhizz » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:11 pm

hd1 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:17 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:01 pm
Pains me to say it but they are a slick operation and have been ever since Prince Abdullah Bin Wassisname got involved with the club. Sheff Utd now are EXACTLY where we were promised to be a decade ago. Just goes to show how badly fucked over we got when Dumb & Dumber rocked up at UP back in 2010.
It goes to show what difference having a settled team with almost zero injuries makes. They have been extremely lucky on that front this season. What the reason for that is is up for debate, but even Citeh have struggled with injuries this season and look at the squad and facilities they have!
Not really buying in to that. They've had injuries this season just like anyone else. Fleck and McBurnie spring immediately to mind - The difference was they could live with their injuries - we couldn't. Our squad is so flimsy that as soon as we lose any of our regular starters we're in a world of trouble.

I mean come on, any other PL side loses their 'keeper to injury and it's "oh no he's out for a bit. No matter our second 'keeper is ok." We, however were totally fucked. That had nothing at all to do with luck, that was just terrible planning across the board. We've barely got a plan A let alone a B,C or D and I'm sorry, I put that fact squarely on the doorstep of our clueless owners rather than lady luck.
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:17 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:11 pm
hd1 wrote:

It goes to show what difference having a settled team with almost zero injuries makes. They have been extremely lucky on that front this season. What the reason for that is is up for debate, but even Citeh have struggled with injuries this season and look at the squad and facilities they have!
Not really buying in to that. They've had injuries this season just like anyone else. Fleck and McBurnie spring immediately to mind - The difference was they could live with their injuries - we couldn't. Our squad is so flimsy that as soon as we lose any of our regular starters we're in a world of trouble.

I mean come on, any other PL side loses their 'keeper to injury and it's "oh no he's out for a bit. No matter our second 'keeper is ok." We, however were totally fucked. That had nothing at all to do with luck, that was just terrible planning across the board. We've barely got a plan A let alone a B,C or D and I'm sorry, I put that fact squarely on the doorstep of our clueless owners rather than lady luck.
Nothing to do with piss poor managers and a useless director of football as well then .
0 x

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:19 pm

Dwayne Pipes wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:17 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote:

Nothing to do with piss poor managers and a useless director of football as well then .
Exactly my point. Who employed them?
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:32 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
hd1 wrote:

Exactly.

We are in this position,because the arseholes haven't got a clue.
0 x

hd1

Post by hd1 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:35 pm

They've had the same back 4 and keeper pretty much all season and that consistency makes a huge difference. If you don't concede you don't lose.

Their manager has done really well with what he has.

Will they suffer the 2nd season syndrome though.....?
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:51 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:32 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:09 am

Here in leafy Hertfordshire we don't let a little bit of the wet stuff disrupt the calendar. Our game (home) kicks off at 11.30 and we expect a bumper attendance which, depending on how many visiting fans (no segregation here btw) make the arduous 13 mile trip from Barnet, could swell to as many as 30. It is a trifle windy but this will not affect our splendidly attractive, easy on the eye, ball on the ground football, a style also favoured by today's opponents.

Sadly I will have to forego the traditional post match beer as I have to drive to London for a meeting in an attempt to secure a booking, for a group I somehow managed to get myself involved in managing, in Lanzarote where I doubt there is any danger of today's footballing events being disrupted by the elements.

Regrettably (ahem) I shall as a consequence of said meeting be spared the embarrassment of watching today's inevitable capitulation.
Have you been to Lanzarote Whisk ?

It’s the windiest place on earth 🌏
Been there many times. Puerto del Carmen usually but stayed once in Playa Blanca. Even in December & February we've always found the climate there very agreeable tbh. Never particularly noticed the wind.

Other than after a chicken madras in the Indian restaurant down near the harbour.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:39 am

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:19 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:17 pm

Didn’t see any dissent at the time when we got the old cunt.
0 x

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:52 am

Dwayne Pipes wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:39 am
BillyDWhizz wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:19 pm

Yes, I agree and on paper at least Pelle was a decent hire, but the point I'm trying to make is that they could have employed Klopp, Guardiola or even the Lord God Almighty himself and the club would STILL be a basket case. When you have inept, micro managing owners with large egos and a genuine contempt for the fans then it's obvious things are going to go pear shaped at some point.

For a couple of blokes who insist that they are "proper West Ham" they really don't get the club, or it's supporters at all - and therein lies the root of all our problems. They seem oblivious to the fact that it's actually the 21st century and are just happy to pootle along with their mend and make do attitudes, which is great for 1940 but in 2020 is just asking for trouble.
0 x

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:33 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:52 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:39 am

Yes, I agree and on paper at least Pelle was a decent hire, but the point I'm trying to make is that they could have employed Klopp, Guardiola or even the Lord God Almighty himself and the club would STILL be a basket case. When you have inept, micro managing owners with large egos and a genuine contempt for the fans then it's obvious things are going to go pear shaped at some point.

For a couple of blokes who insist that they are "proper West Ham" they really don't get the club, or it's supporters at all - and therein lies the root of all our problems. They seem oblivious to the fact that it's actually the 21st century and are just happy to pootle along with their mend and make do attitudes, which is great for 1940 but in 2020 is just asking for trouble.
Some valid points made.
0 x

Social Media