Poor babies

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Poor babies

Post by terrya1965 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:14 am

Newmarket wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:09 am
terrya1965 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:02 pm

If I was born and grew up near Anfield has a kid,I would have supported Liverpool.

If I was born and grew up near Highbury has a kid,I would have supported Arsenal.

If I was born and grew up near Villa Park has a kid,I would have supported Aston Villa.

If I was born and grew up near Old Trafford has a kid,I would have supported Man U.

Newmarket was born in Forest Gate and guess who he supports?You got it?

You get it now?

What the f*ck is a Kosovo terrorist got to do with it or do they all live in the East End now?When my Dad lived there,it was a completely different place to the dump it is now.

I know fans seem to hate him atm,but that don't stop Noble does bleeding claret & blue.

PS,I wouldn't call anyone a c*nt,not even Numbers.
Quite frankly no I don’t get it at all .

In answer to a pretty simple fact that the postcode of your birth cannot determine which football club you support , all you’ve done is regurgitate what you said in your first post and you’re still wrong.

But you don’t need me to tell you that again but what I will tell you is 3 very short stories.

A friend of mine , as a small child , born and bred in Custom House , was a football fan .
A fan of football in general . Yes they did and probably still do exist.
An elder relative , a cousin I think , took him to West Ham , Orient , Chelsea , in fact just about every London club and he liked Arsenal the best and kept wanting his cousin to take him back to Highbury and that’s how he became a Gooner .

Mark Noble was born and brought up in Beckton .
Wrong side of the A13 to be Canning Town , wrong side of PR Lane to be Custom House.

That is geographical fact .

As a small lad he supported the same team that his dad supported and that nearly all of his extended family supports .

Manchester United.

Joined Arsenals academy and was happy there until his dad got fed up with the travelling and , luckily , he was offered a place at West Ham’s academy.

Now there’s nothing wrong with any of that .

He almost certainly does love West Ham now and probably IS now West Ham “through and through” .

After all , he’s made a fine living out of the club so it’s to be expected.

But “bleeding claret and blue” because comes from E16 is way too much of a generalisation and as such is rubbish.

So as to try and reiterate that point I’ll tell you the 3rd anecdote.Newmarket was born in Forest Gate and as a child (7.8.9 I don’t remember) he used to nag his dad to take him to West Ham .
In 1972 his dream came true .

We stood on the South Bank , me on the customary milk crate , and watched Heighway and Keegan score the goals in a 2-0 win for Liverpool.

I fell in love with the place . The amazing atmosphere in the South Bank , the half roof , the peanut seller etc .
Everything about the club . I would never have imagined after that day ever supporting another club .

But which team was I supporting on that first visit to Upton Park ?

Well it wasn’t West Ham .

P.s. in those days the local lads where I was from were more likely to be Limbo dancers than football fans . Fact. :lol:
Tbf,I never knew his Family followed Man Utd.I suppose that ends any argument then and there.Why didn`t you tell me in the bloody first place? :lol: I thought he was West Ham through and through.

YOU WIN :oops:
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:37 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:14 am
Newmarket wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:09 am

Quite frankly no I don’t get it at all .

In answer to a pretty simple fact that the postcode of your birth cannot determine which football club you support , all you’ve done is regurgitate what you said in your first post and you’re still wrong.

But you don’t need me to tell you that again but what I will tell you is 3 very short stories.

A friend of mine , as a small child , born and bred in Custom House , was a football fan .
A fan of football in general . Yes they did and probably still do exist.
An elder relative , a cousin I think , took him to West Ham , Orient , Chelsea , in fact just about every London club and he liked Arsenal the best and kept wanting his cousin to take him back to Highbury and that’s how he became a Gooner .

Mark Noble was born and brought up in Beckton .
Wrong side of the A13 to be Canning Town , wrong side of PR Lane to be Custom House.

That is geographical fact .

As a small lad he supported the same team that his dad supported and that nearly all of his extended family supports .

Manchester United.

Joined Arsenals academy and was happy there until his dad got fed up with the travelling and , luckily , he was offered a place at West Ham’s academy.

Now there’s nothing wrong with any of that .

He almost certainly does love West Ham now and probably IS now West Ham “through and through” .

After all , he’s made a fine living out of the club so it’s to be expected.

But “bleeding claret and blue” because comes from E16 is way too much of a generalisation and as such is rubbish.

So as to try and reiterate that point I’ll tell you the 3rd anecdote.Newmarket was born in Forest Gate and as a child (7.8.9 I don’t remember) he used to nag his dad to take him to West Ham .
In 1972 his dream came true .

We stood on the South Bank , me on the customary milk crate , and watched Heighway and Keegan score the goals in a 2-0 win for Liverpool.

I fell in love with the place . The amazing atmosphere in the South Bank , the half roof , the peanut seller etc .
Everything about the club . I would never have imagined after that day ever supporting another club .

But which team was I supporting on that first visit to Upton Park ?

Well it wasn’t West Ham .

P.s. in those days the local lads where I was from were more likely to be Limbo dancers than football fans . Fact. :lol:
Tbf,I never knew his Family followed Man Utd.I suppose that ends any argument then and there.Why didn`t you tell me in the bloody first place? :lol: I thought he was West Ham through and through.

YOU WIN :oops:
Well I mentioned it a few times on here tbh but I don’t think people really believe it matey .

A very good friend of mine (well of the forum really) well known to most on here (Pale mentioned him earlier) has known Noble Snr since they were nippers so I’ve no reason to doubt it Tel.

Besides it ain’t about winning mate , I would have antagonisticley pulled anyone up on the original point no matter whom the subject matter tbf.

Whisky above kind of put it better than I ever could really , and I’m not afraid to admit that I’m not a fan of “Nobes” the person .
Rightly or (some would say) wrongly he went downhill rapid in my estimations after he took out “one of his own” in the infamous Burnley game claiming he feared for his life ....

And let’s be honest , apart from the old 2 for 1 turnstile trick , where have you been able to “bunk in” over at West Ham ?
1 x
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:36 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:36 am
This Mr West Ham thing about Mark,even the "He Bleeds Claret and Blue" ....is very much a Press
and Media thing,used when THEY talk about him....that's a great compliment to him...
A deserved Compliment in my opinion...Love Mark ...but Mr West Ham to most Irons fans and me is

Billy Bonds..and he was born South of river...and played for Charlton for 3 years before us,
who he maybe supported and was as passionate in his play for them as he was us...

But would say it's proven now...that no one loves the club more than Our Bill....

Things change and move on......I've met and known a good few Irons fans..passionate ones, that have
come to us from elsewhere...they now love us as much as anyone..

Who's the more dedicated...the guy that walks to the ground.....or the guy that has 120 mile round
trip and 4/5 hours travelling each home game..Me...Lot Better now tho thanks to the Iconic and it's
Amazing transport links... :lol:

We both love west ham the same,you can't differentiate or judge..
A lot do judge though mate. Read some of the posts on here. Shouldn't be too hard to find. You know the posts I mean. The ones comparing people who go all over the country to people who only go once or twice a year. Some believe those who attend away matches are better supporters than those who don't. FFS we've even had people saying those that take part in the singing etc are better supporters than the rest.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:41 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:36 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:36 am
This Mr West Ham thing about Mark,even the "He Bleeds Claret and Blue" ....is very much a Press
and Media thing,used when THEY talk about him....that's a great compliment to him...
A deserved Compliment in my opinion...Love Mark ...but Mr West Ham to most Irons fans and me is

Billy Bonds..and he was born South of river...and played for Charlton for 3 years before us,
who he maybe supported and was as passionate in his play for them as he was us...

But would say it's proven now...that no one loves the club more than Our Bill....

Things change and move on......I've met and known a good few Irons fans..passionate ones, that have
come to us from elsewhere...they now love us as much as anyone..

Who's the more dedicated...the guy that walks to the ground.....or the guy that has 120 mile round
trip and 4/5 hours travelling each home game..Me...Lot Better now tho thanks to the Iconic and it's
Amazing transport links... :lol:

We both love west ham the same,you can't differentiate or judge..
A lot do judge though mate. Read some of the posts on here. Shouldn't be too hard to find. You know the posts I mean. The ones comparing people who go all over the country to people who only go once or twice a year. Some believe those who attend away matches are better supporters than those who don't. FFS we've even had people saying those that take part in the singing etc are better supporters than the rest.
Exactly Mate..all about Circumstances...Money...Family/kids...Distance...Disabilities...goes on.
We can all love and support the Irons...whether your able to go or not is irrelevant...

As are post codes...and who your parents/family may or may not have supported.........

Mine are a mixed bag...Dads side QPR...Mums, Crystal Palace and Wimbledon....

Thank fuck I saw the Light..... :lol:
0 x

Social Media