Poor babies

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
andyginbrasil
Posts: 3852
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:05 am
Location: Brasil
x 842
x 640

Re: Poor babies

Post by andyginbrasil » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:19 am

Brookbonds73 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:11 pm

Passion my arse, standing on terraces at Newport and Wrexham in the 70's, long before he was thought of. Now that's passion.
And we lost both both of em. :D
I remember getting a severe beating at Wrexham in the late 70's before the match....they took me to the Hospital that luckily overlooked the ground. I spent the entire afternoon watching the game from the comfort of a hospital room while all my mates were freezing their bollocks off..... :lol: :lol: :lol: .....and we did loose ....4-3 as I remember..
0 x

User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 6320
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am
x 512
x 1005

Re: Poor babies

Post by Brookbonds73 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:57 am

andyginbrasil wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:19 am
Brookbonds73 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:11 pm

Passion my arse, standing on terraces at Newport and Wrexham in the 70's, long before he was thought of. Now that's passion.
And we lost both both of em. :D
I remember getting a severe beating at Wrexham in the late 70's before the match....they took me to the Hospital that luckily overlooked the ground. I spent the entire afternoon watching the game from the comfort of a hospital room while all my mates were freezing their bollocks off..... :lol: :lol: :lol: .....and we did loose ....4-3 as I remember..
Horrible shithole of a place mate.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 11705
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 1070
x 827

Re: Poor babies

Post by Newmarket » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:08 am

Brookbonds73 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:57 am
andyginbrasil wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:19 am


I remember getting a severe beating at Wrexham in the late 70's before the match....they took me to the Hospital that luckily overlooked the ground. I spent the entire afternoon watching the game from the comfort of a hospital room while all my mates were freezing their bollocks off..... :lol: :lol: :lol: .....and we did loose ....4-3 as I remember..
Horrible shithole of a place mate.
And the filth used to make you take your boots off and leave em outside the ground too . Cunts.
0 x
Bring back Jonathon !

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 5082
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 368
x 491

Re: Poor babies

Post by mkhammer » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:17 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:42 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:06 pm
Find it Strange that some of you think Nobes is Bullshitting in his love and passion for West Ham..

Don't rate him as a player,call him slow,crap,useless,whatever...me I don't agree...but we all see and
read the game differently...opinions and all that.
Love the man...but now Soucek is here..I'm hoping he replaces Nobes as a starter,from a purely
football perspective..always said we need better there,as good as he(Nobes)is,and he IS a good
player.

But saying he doesn't love respect and have a passion for us...I'm afraid you're way way of....

And I'd say 90% of us would agree with that...not on here, a forum maybe,but in general.
He talks openly and honestly about his and the clubs situation..and as Captain as well as on Field,
he has to represent the club off Field as well....he's not a board lacky, but does have to support
them at times....bit like a Chargehand at work you might have or be...he's one of you on the shop
floor,but has to implement the Companys ideas and policies at times.
Every Player at the club or has been at the club always bigs him up, and have the utmost respect
for him.
I could write a shit load more,sticking up for him,but don't feel I really need to.

I'm 100% convinced he is an Iron............and loves the club as much as any of us..

Back to topic... :lol: .....Me,I would screw every fuckin penny out of the modern game I could,
and get every little perk going...that's not greed...that's doing what we all do in life,
whether I was crap or brilliant...that would include leaving the Irons if I could get more elsewhere..
But would also give 100% every game where ever I was for that sort of money..

The break thing isn't a West Ham thing...they've been told to do it...I'd be off to the beach for a few
days...no mistake..
Nothing to do with liking or disliking Noble imo, simply, at l;east in my case, I don't believe one word any footballer spouts about how he's always been a fan, kissing the badge, love the club and all the other bollocks they regularly come out with at whatever club happens to be paying their salary that season.

Noble is a professional. He is paid to do a job. And I bet a pound to a pinch of shit if he'd had the opportunity to go and work somewhere else for more money, a better chance of winning something, or both, he'd have been off quicker than shit through the proverbial goose.

And good luck to him, and anyone else who does. It's a job. Nothing more, nothing less. By all accounts he's a good professional, only ever seen on the back pages unlike some, and I've got no reason to suspect he doesn't put everything he has into a game. If he's not good enough , just like any other player, it's up to the manager to recognise that and respond so I certainly wouldn't criticise him for not being up to the job if he has a poor game. Or for that matter if the manager continues to select him.

But, FFS, let's give it a rest about his, or for that matter any other player's, love for the club. It's fucking stomach turning imo.
Very cynical mate.....Arnie kissed the badge...yeah alright mate...nice one.
Nobes does similar, it's from the heart,it's genuine..he IS a West Ham fan....he loves us...so sorry,
thats not up for argument..And I love an Argument...Sorry heated debate.. :lol:

Players tell their Agents they want more dosh or want a move...they then make the secret phone
calls..Player wont even speak to his club about it,first you hear is,someones come in for...
when it's the player/agent themselves that started it....don't think Nobes has ever done that,
think he could have moved if he wanted...maybe not top table...but the likes of Palace etc,
fellow mid tablers...but he didn't/doesn't want to leave.
Seem to remember a few spud rumours..10/12 years ago..

I do agree with most of your post tho...but your referring to the present game...like said in my post,
no one loves us more than me...but I'm here on 50K a week...someone comes in offers me 100K...
Match it West Ham or I'm gone...it's why I cant dig players like Arnie out,would do exactly the same.
We all would...They're giving you Millions to kick a ball around....Abuse it from every angle,Screw
as much out of it as you can,you've got 40/50 years left when the footies gone..
0 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 9413
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 219
x 1148

Re: Poor babies

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:29 am

mkhammer wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:17 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:42 pm


Nothing to do with liking or disliking Noble imo, simply, at l;east in my case, I don't believe one word any footballer spouts about how he's always been a fan, kissing the badge, love the club and all the other bollocks they regularly come out with at whatever club happens to be paying their salary that season.

Noble is a professional. He is paid to do a job. And I bet a pound to a pinch of shit if he'd had the opportunity to go and work somewhere else for more money, a better chance of winning something, or both, he'd have been off quicker than shit through the proverbial goose.

And good luck to him, and anyone else who does. It's a job. Nothing more, nothing less. By all accounts he's a good professional, only ever seen on the back pages unlike some, and I've got no reason to suspect he doesn't put everything he has into a game. If he's not good enough , just like any other player, it's up to the manager to recognise that and respond so I certainly wouldn't criticise him for not being up to the job if he has a poor game. Or for that matter if the manager continues to select him.

But, FFS, let's give it a rest about his, or for that matter any other player's, love for the club. It's fucking stomach turning imo.
Very cynical mate.....Arnie kissed the badge...yeah alright mate...nice one.
Nobes does similar, it's from the heart,it's genuine..he IS a West Ham fan....he loves us...so sorry,
thats not up for argument..And I love an Argument...Sorry heated debate.. :lol:

Players tell their Agents they want more dosh or want a move...they then make the secret phone
calls..Player wont even speak to his club about it,first you hear is,someones come in for...
when it's the player/agent themselves that started it....don't think Nobes has ever done that,
think he could have moved if he wanted...maybe not top table...but the likes of Palace etc,
fellow mid tablers...but he didn't/doesn't want to leave.
Seem to remember a few spud rumours..10/12 years ago..

I do agree with most of your post tho...but your referring to the present game...like said in my post,
no one loves us more than me...but I'm here on 50K a week...someone comes in offers me 100K...
Match it West Ham or I'm gone...it's why I cant dig players like Arnie out,would do exactly the same.
We all would...They're giving you Millions to kick a ball around....Abuse it from every angle,Screw
as much out of it as you can,you've got 40/50 years left when the footies gone..
You say cynical, I say realistic. You may know Mark Noble personally, I don't. But unless you do you can't possibly know if his pronouncements in the press are from the heart or not.

Arnautovic had the opportunity, like dozens of other decent players who have worn our shirt in the past, to earn a lot more money. He took the opportunity. Others have probably seen a greater opportunity to win trophies elsewhere and have left. But I bet none of them took a pay cut did they ?

Mark Noble is probably still at West Ham because the opportunity of a lucrative move to a bigger club simply hasn't come along. And his love for WHU ? As someone else has remarked on this thread if his old man had lived nearer to Arsenal's training ground he's have been professing his love for them instead.

It's what footballers do mate.
2 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 4732
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm
x 707
x 517

Re: Poor babies

Post by terrya1965 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:43 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:29 am
mkhammer wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:17 am


Very cynical mate.....Arnie kissed the badge...yeah alright mate...nice one.
Nobes does similar, it's from the heart,it's genuine..he IS a West Ham fan....he loves us...so sorry,
thats not up for argument..And I love an Argument...Sorry heated debate.. :lol:

Players tell their Agents they want more dosh or want a move...they then make the secret phone
calls..Player wont even speak to his club about it,first you hear is,someones come in for...
when it's the player/agent themselves that started it....don't think Nobes has ever done that,
think he could have moved if he wanted...maybe not top table...but the likes of Palace etc,
fellow mid tablers...but he didn't/doesn't want to leave.
Seem to remember a few spud rumours..10/12 years ago..

I do agree with most of your post tho...but your referring to the present game...like said in my post,
no one loves us more than me...but I'm here on 50K a week...someone comes in offers me 100K...
Match it West Ham or I'm gone...it's why I cant dig players like Arnie out,would do exactly the same.
We all would...They're giving you Millions to kick a ball around....Abuse it from every angle,Screw
as much out of it as you can,you've got 40/50 years left when the footies gone..
You say cynical, I say realistic. You may know Mark Noble personally, I don't. But unless you do you can't possibly know if his pronouncements in the press are from the heart or not.

Arnautovic had the opportunity, like dozens of other decent players who have worn our shirt in the past, to earn a lot more money. He took the opportunity. Others have probably seen a greater opportunity to win trophies elsewhere and have left. But I bet none of them took a pay cut did they ?

Mark Noble is probably still at West Ham because the opportunity of a lucrative move to a bigger club simply hasn't come along. And his love for WHU ? As someone else has remarked on this thread if his old man had lived nearer to Arsenal's training ground he's have been professing his love for them instead.

It's what footballers do mate.
Noble was born in Canning Town,so you can't say he don't bleed claret and blue.If he was or did play for another club,I'd put my money on him still coming down to watch West Ham.

If you or I played for West Ham and another team came in and said they would triple our wages,we would both leave.
0 x

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 5082
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 368
x 491

Re: Poor babies

Post by mkhammer » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:54 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:29 am
mkhammer wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:17 am


Very cynical mate.....Arnie kissed the badge...yeah alright mate...nice one.
Nobes does similar, it's from the heart,it's genuine..he IS a West Ham fan....he loves us...so sorry,
thats not up for argument..And I love an Argument...Sorry heated debate.. :lol:

Players tell their Agents they want more dosh or want a move...they then make the secret phone
calls..Player wont even speak to his club about it,first you hear is,someones come in for...
when it's the player/agent themselves that started it....don't think Nobes has ever done that,
think he could have moved if he wanted...maybe not top table...but the likes of Palace etc,
fellow mid tablers...but he didn't/doesn't want to leave.
Seem to remember a few spud rumours..10/12 years ago..

I do agree with most of your post tho...but your referring to the present game...like said in my post,
no one loves us more than me...but I'm here on 50K a week...someone comes in offers me 100K...
Match it West Ham or I'm gone...it's why I cant dig players like Arnie out,would do exactly the same.
We all would...They're giving you Millions to kick a ball around....Abuse it from every angle,Screw
as much out of it as you can,you've got 40/50 years left when the footies gone..
You say cynical, I say realistic. You may know Mark Noble personally, I don't. But unless you do you can't possibly know if his pronouncements in the press are from the heart or not.

Arnautovic had the opportunity, like dozens of other decent players who have worn our shirt in the past, to earn a lot more money. He took the opportunity. Others have probably seen a greater opportunity to win trophies elsewhere and have left. But I bet none of them took a pay cut did they ?

Mark Noble is probably still at West Ham because the opportunity of a lucrative move to a bigger club simply hasn't come along. And his love for WHU ? As someone else has remarked on this thread if his old man had lived nearer to Arsenal's training ground he's have been professing his love for them instead.

It's what footballers do mate.
Don't know Mark Personally...Speaking purely as a fan...and I think most of us can spot the
guys that love us/get us, and the ones that are passing thru.
It's what you see and feel...gonna say gut feeling,but it's more than that...have it with Rice
at the moment...not saying he wont move on if we drop...or is pushed out,but he loves
West Ham,something genuine about him......I know the Irish wont feel that...but what would
any of us do in same circumstances.

Absolute right, if Mark had thru circumstances...gone to the Arse he'd have been a proud gooner...
it's where life takes you...
Why the fuck am I a passionate West Ham fan...born Lambeth...then North Ken way,then MK,
with a few other stop off points on the way..it's the way things work out.
0 x

User avatar
ToneLoc
Posts: 8540
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:21 pm
x 237
x 728

Re: Poor babies

Post by ToneLoc » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:19 pm

0 x
Jurgen Klopp’s teeth are giving me a migraine

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 11705
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 1070
x 827

Re: Poor babies

Post by Newmarket » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:55 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:43 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:29 am


You say cynical, I say realistic. You may know Mark Noble personally, I don't. But unless you do you can't possibly know if his pronouncements in the press are from the heart or not.

Arnautovic had the opportunity, like dozens of other decent players who have worn our shirt in the past, to earn a lot more money. He took the opportunity. Others have probably seen a greater opportunity to win trophies elsewhere and have left. But I bet none of them took a pay cut did they ?

Mark Noble is probably still at West Ham because the opportunity of a lucrative move to a bigger club simply hasn't come along. And his love for WHU ? As someone else has remarked on this thread if his old man had lived nearer to Arsenal's training ground he's have been professing his love for them instead.

It's what footballers do mate.
Noble was born in Canning Town,so you can't say he don't bleed claret and blue.
I’m sorry Tel mate but that statement is the biggest load of Cunt anyone on here has EVER come out with .

Read it back to yourself . I was born in Forest Gate but it don’t mean I’m a Limbo dancer or a Kosovan terrorist .
5 x
Bring back Jonathon !

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 9413
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 219
x 1148

Re: Poor babies

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:35 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:55 pm
terrya1965 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:43 am


Noble was born in Canning Town,so you can't say he don't bleed claret and blue.
I’m sorry Tel mate but that statement is the biggest load of Cunt anyone on here has EVER come out with .

Read it back to yourself . I was born in Forest Gate but it don’t mean I’m a Limbo dancer or a Kosovan terrorist .
I too am originally from Forest Gate, as I seem to remember, is Grandad who, alas has stopped posting here. Terry once admitted to being born in the fair town of Welwyn Garden City. So using his logic he ought to support one of our local clubs, Stevenage (7 miles) or Luton Town (about 12). Like us they are both looking nailed on for relegation from their respective divisions this season and if you throw in Hertfordshire's other club, Watford----well, one can only come to one conclusion.

It's all your fault Terry.

You cunt. ;)
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Post Reply

Social Media