Poor babies

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Poor babies

Post by terrya1965 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:46 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:35 pm
Newmarket wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:55 pm

I’m sorry Tel mate but that statement is the biggest load of Cunt anyone on here has EVER come out with .

Read it back to yourself . I was born in Forest Gate but it don’t mean I’m a Limbo dancer or a Kosovan terrorist .
I too am originally from Forest Gate, as I seem to remember, is Grandad who, alas has stopped posting here. Terry once admitted to being born in the fair town of Welwyn Garden City. So using his logic he ought to support one of our local clubs, Stevenage (7 miles) or Luton Town (about 12). Like us they are both looking nailed on for relegation from their respective divisions this season and if you throw in Hertfordshire's other club, Watford----well, one can only come to one conclusion.

It's all your fault Terry.

You cunt. ;)
My Dad lived off of Green Street has a kid,so I was only going to support one club.Most of his family lived 5 minutes from the ground.
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:02 pm

Newmarket wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:43 am

Noble was born in Canning Town,so you can't say he don't bleed claret and blue.
I’m sorry Tel mate but that statement is the biggest load of Cunt anyone on here has EVER come out with .

Read it back to yourself . I was born in Forest Gate but it don’t mean I’m a Limbo dancer or a Kosovan terrorist .
If I was born and grew up near Anfield has a kid,I would have supported Liverpool.

If I was born and grew up near Highbury has a kid,I would have supported Arsenal.

If I was born and grew up near Villa Park has a kid,I would have supported Aston Villa.

If I was born and grew up near Old Trafford has a kid,I would have supported Man U.

Newmarket was born in Forest Gate and guess who he supports?You got it?

You get it now?

What the f*ck is a Kosovo terrorist got to do with it or do they all live in the East End now?When my Dad lived there,it was a completely different place to the dump it is now.

I know fans seem to hate him atm,but that don't stop Noble does bleeding claret & blue.

PS,I wouldn't call anyone a c*nt,not even Numbers.
0 x

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:14 pm

You saying newmarket supports Forest Gate tel? Ask him if they've got a decent center forward we can get on loan. :)
1 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:53 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:02 pm
Newmarket wrote:

If I was born and grew up near Anfield has a kid,I would have supported Liverpool.

If I was born and grew up near Highbury has a kid,I would have supported Arsenal.

If I was born and grew up near Villa Park has a kid,I would have supported Aston Villa.

If I was born and grew up near Old Trafford has a kid,I would have supported Man U.

You get it now?

What the f*ck is a Kosovo terrorist got to do with it or do they all live in the East End now?When my Dad lived there,it was a completely different place to the dump it is now.

I know fans seem to hate him atm,but that don't stop Noble does bleeding claret & blue.

There’s a lot of presumptions in there mate.
How about Geo? He doesn’t support Aberdeen does he?
I get the general point but it’s not universally applicable is it?

Btw... He didn’t call ‘you’ a cunt did he :)

For the record..... I believe Nobel bleeds claret and blue by the way. But I’d take his word for that and my own observations based on the last 15+ years..... not because he’s born and bred in Canning Town.
1 x
Jurgen Klopp’s teeth are giving me a migraine

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:34 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Newmarket wrote:

You get it now?

I don't think anyone hates him. But a lot don't think he's as good as some believe, and many, including me, don't buy into the Mr West Ham mullarkey. Personally find it a bit vomit inducing. And I get the geographic thing but it doesn't explain the huge number of Man United fans living in the south of England.

And when my family lived in Forest Gate (until we moved out to the sticks in 1971) it was fairly civilised. We always called it the posh part of St.Ratford as kids. Sunday mornings playing football on Wanstead Flats was usually the highlight of the week.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

JayK

Post by JayK » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:35 pm

I’m born and bred Southend boy but was brought up a Hammer. Not my fault. So I agree it’s not just about where ya grew up.

I do feel Nobes is claret and blue through and through though. And fans of teams are seen all over the place playing for other teams so even if he had moved on or played for another team, doesn’t mean he’s not a Hammer, it just means he’s following his career path. Wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up at another London club in the next couple of years if he doesn’t retire, but he’ll still be a West Ham fan with a love for the club.
1 x
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:44 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:34 pm
terrya1965 wrote:

You get it now?

I don't think anyone hates him. But a lot don't think he's as good as some believe, and many, including me, don't buy into the Mr West Ham mullarkey. Personally find it a bit vomit inducing. And I get the geographic thing but it doesn't explain the huge number of Man United fans living in the south of England.

And when my family lived in Forest Gate (until we moved out to the sticks in 1971) it was fairly civilised. We always called it the posh part of St.Ratford as kids. Sunday mornings playing football on Wanstead Flats was usually the highlight of the week.
What I am actually saying,if you were born a stone throw from a professional Football team,you would normally go on to follow that club,has it was apart of that community.

I was born near you Whiskyman,but my Dad's roots were the East End.I use to go and visit my family has a young lad with the luxury outside toilets :) I see Upton Park before any other ground.I visited the Bobby Moore shop when I was 5 and a year later I watching him live.That`s it..It`s in the blood and it never leaves.
When I was a lad,before I went to sleep,I would dream about playing for West Ham,even though I was shit :lol: I bet Mark did too.He loves West Ham.

He will never be a Moore,Bonds or a Brooking to me,they are West Ham Legends,but has spent all his career here and does give his all for the badge.It`s just a pity some of the others didn't,but they all weren't born in Canning Town.

Unfortunately,we live in different times now.I actually think if I was a kid growing up now,I wouldn't even be interested in Football..Just the fans being taken for a ride by greedy owners..Sums up this country tbh.
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:09 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Newmarket wrote:

You get it now?

Quite frankly no I don’t get it at all .

In answer to a pretty simple fact that the postcode of your birth cannot determine which football club you support , all you’ve done is regurgitate what you said in your first post and you’re still wrong.

But you don’t need me to tell you that again but what I will tell you is 3 very short stories.

A friend of mine , as a small child , born and bred in Custom House , was a football fan .
A fan of football in general . Yes they did and probably still do exist.
An elder relative , a cousin I think , took him to West Ham , Orient , Chelsea , in fact just about every London club and he liked Arsenal the best and kept wanting his cousin to take him back to Highbury and that’s how he became a Gooner .

Mark Noble was born and brought up in Beckton .
Wrong side of the A13 to be Canning Town , wrong side of PR Lane to be Custom House.

That is geographical fact .

As a small lad he supported the same team that his dad supported and that nearly all of his extended family supports .

Manchester United.

Joined Arsenals academy and was happy there until his dad got fed up with the travelling and , luckily , he was offered a place at West Ham’s academy.

Now there’s nothing wrong with any of that .

He almost certainly does love West Ham now and probably IS now West Ham “through and through” .

After all , he’s made a fine living out of the club so it’s to be expected.

But “bleeding claret and blue” because comes from E16 is way too much of a generalisation and as such is rubbish.

So as to try and reiterate that point I’ll tell you the 3rd anecdote.Newmarket was born in Forest Gate and as a child (7.8.9 I don’t remember) he used to nag his dad to take him to West Ham .
In 1972 his dream came true .

We stood on the South Bank , me on the customary milk crate , and watched Heighway and Keegan score the goals in a 2-0 win for Liverpool.

I fell in love with the place . The amazing atmosphere in the South Bank , the half roof , the peanut seller etc .
Everything about the club . I would never have imagined after that day ever supporting another club .

But which team was I supporting on that first visit to Upton Park ?

Well it wasn’t West Ham .

P.s. in those days the local lads where I was from were more likely to be Limbo dancers than football fans . Fact. :lol:
1 x
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:38 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:44 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:34 pm

What I am actually saying,if you were born a stone throw from a professional Football team,you would normally go on to follow that club,has it was apart of that community.

I was born near you Whiskyman,but my Dad's roots were the East End.I use to go and visit my family has a young lad with the luxury outside toilets :) I see Upton Park before any other ground.I visited the Bobby Moore shop when I was 5 and a year later I watching him live.That`s it..It`s in the blood and it never leaves.
When I was a lad,before I went to sleep,I would dream about playing for West Ham,even though I was shit :lol: I bet Mark did too.He loves West Ham.

He will never be a Moore,Bonds or a Brooking to me,they are West Ham Legends,but has spent all his career here and does give his all for the badge.It`s just a pity some of the others didn't,but they all weren't born in Canning Town.

Unfortunately,we live in different times now.I actually think if I was a kid growing up now,I wouldn't even be interested in Football..Just the fans being taken for a ride by greedy owners..Sums up this country tbh.
You're on the money there. West Ham was my nearest club as a kid so they were the first team I watched. That's usually how kids got hooked on the game back then. So your local club was often the one you supported.

Now we can all enjoy wall to wall football on the box so kids can see the world's greatest players in live action in their living rooms. And when the old man asks them if they want to go to a live game they want to see Messi, Ronaldo, Aguerro or Salah.

I'm sure if I was growing up now I'd still love the game but, like a lot of today's kids, I probably wouldn't "support" any single club. My youngest boys kids (10 and 6) both "support" Barcelona, because of Messi & Suarez and my eldest boys lad (13) is a Man United fan. Why ? To wind up his best mate who "supports" City. :lol:

Tell you what though. Their in depth knowledge of players, teams and so forth is a lot better than mine was at their age. So football is still a massive pull for today's kids.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:36 am

This Mr West Ham thing about Mark,even the "He Bleeds Claret and Blue" ....is very much a Press
and Media thing,used when THEY talk about him....that's a great compliment to him...
A deserved Compliment in my opinion...Love Mark ...but Mr West Ham to most Irons fans and me is

Billy Bonds..and he was born South of river...and played for Charlton for 3 years before us,
who he maybe supported and was as passionate in his play for them as he was us...

But would say it's proven now...that no one loves the club more than Our Bill....

Things change and move on......I've met and known a good few Irons fans..passionate ones, that have
come to us from elsewhere...they now love us as much as anyone..

Who's the more dedicated...the guy that walks to the ground.....or the guy that has 120 mile round
trip and 4/5 hours travelling each home game..Me...Lot Better now tho thanks to the Iconic and it's
Amazing transport links... :lol:

We both love west ham the same,you can't differentiate or judge..
0 x

Social Media