How wonky is Sébastien Haller

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
Dwayne Pipes
Posts: 2806
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:46 pm
x 80
x 510

Re: How wonky is Sébastien Haller

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:03 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:06 am
h69 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:55 am


Cant blame Carroll for signing the contract he was offered, blame the clubs that give him them.

I agree that effort is the norm for most people but apparently Haller cant make an effort. Thats the point, it should be the minimum required.

I agree he is not suited to the PL and struggles to adapt from the Bundesliga, Jovic has at RM as well but he should at least be trying.
I know from first hand,the medical staff said "Don't sign him".You know there was some little bloke in our boardroom that over ruled them.
Probably swayed by the thousands of fucking fans chanting to sign the cunt up.
0 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 9413
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 219
x 1147

Re: How wonky is Sébastien Haller

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:04 pm

h69 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:55 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:23 pm


Mate, if you picked any bloke from up and down the country who pays to play the game for fun on Sundays he'd put the effort in. He'd be fucking useless but, by hell, he'd work his cojones off.

I don't blame Carroll for making the most out of the (very) limited talent he possessed but in no other industry in the world would someone like him have enjoyed employment at an extremely high level for as many years as he did. Particularly as his not actually being available for work, probably at least in part being caused by his lifestyle, was a feature of his time as a West Ham player and, it appears, is still the case now.
Cant blame Carroll for signing the contract he was offered, blame the clubs that give him them.

I agree that effort is the norm for most people but apparently Haller cant make an effort. Thats the point, it should be the minimum required.

I agree he is not suited to the PL and struggles to adapt from the Bundesliga, Jovic has at RM as well but he should at least be trying.
I don't blame Carroll for signing the contract. In fact I said as much. I disagree that Jovic is struggling in La Liga. It is true he hasn't made a significant impact there but that is mainly due to the fact Benzema is in excellent form and Jovic can't replace him. I don't see it as any reflection on his inability to adapt.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 9413
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 219
x 1147

Re: How wonky is Sébastien Haller

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:05 pm

Dwayne Pipes wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:03 pm
terrya1965 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:06 am


I know from first hand,the medical staff said "Don't sign him".You know there was some little bloke in our boardroom that over ruled them.
Probably swayed by the thousands of fucking fans chanting to sign the cunt up.
I completely agree with that. Probably the same thousands of fans who also saw Joe Hart as a top quality signing. :lol: :lol:
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
h69
Posts: 3743
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Enfield, Middlesex
x 409
x 279

Re: How wonky is Sébastien Haller

Post by h69 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:21 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:04 pm
h69 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:55 am


Cant blame Carroll for signing the contract he was offered, blame the clubs that give him them.

I agree that effort is the norm for most people but apparently Haller cant make an effort. Thats the point, it should be the minimum required.

I agree he is not suited to the PL and struggles to adapt from the Bundesliga, Jovic has at RM as well but he should at least be trying.
I don't blame Carroll for signing the contract. In fact I said as much. I disagree that Jovic is struggling in La Liga. It is true he hasn't made a significant impact there but that is mainly due to the fact Benzema is in excellent form and Jovic can't replace him. I don't see it as any reflection on his inability to adapt.
2 goals in 23 appearances says otherwise and means he will probably end up on the same as Haller. I believe RM were looking to let him go.
0 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 9413
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 219
x 1147

Re: How wonky is Sébastien Haller

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:21 pm

h69 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:21 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:04 pm


I don't blame Carroll for signing the contract. In fact I said as much. I disagree that Jovic is struggling in La Liga. It is true he hasn't made a significant impact there but that is mainly due to the fact Benzema is in excellent form and Jovic can't replace him. I don't see it as any reflection on his inability to adapt.
2 goals in 23 appearances says otherwise and means he will probably end up on the same as Haller. I believe RM were looking to let him go.
Those 23 appearances have mainly been little cameos. Real were looking to loan him out I believe but I don't think they'll be loking to sell him just yet.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
Hammertime
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 1:19 pm
x 22
x 109

Re: How wonky is Sébastien Haller

Post by Hammertime » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:00 pm

I’ve said it for others so I have to say it for him. He shouldn’t be judged in his first season in the prem. New culture, new team, 2 different managers & revolving door of injured cohorts all in the fastest most physical league in the world. So because of his price tag he must, according to most, adapt quicker in a team that didn’t provide suitable cover in his position leaving him as the only option in a system that doesn’t cater to him.

His overall effort might be a reflection of a man not adapting to above mentioned obstacles & his body language suggests it too. This now comes down to a manager & his staff to fix this and this starts now.
2 x
Patriotism, like celibacy, can be carried too far!

User avatar
Mikeveep
Posts: 2142
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 pm
Location: Trendy Walthamstow
x 99
x 229

Re: How wonky is Sébastien Haller

Post by Mikeveep » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:20 pm

He's the same player that had us drooling in his first few games...

The quality is there, The application needs to be drawn out.

When you're scouting these players you see them in their element enjoying football and have no idea about their temperament in adversity.
2 x

User avatar
Taansend
Posts: 8051
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: San Diego California
x 972
x 330
Contact:

Re: How wonky is Sébastien Haller

Post by Taansend » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:39 pm

h69 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:53 am
Taansend wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:28 am
He's a good player with a proven track record but he's been West Hammed.
He was a good player in the Bundesliga. That does not make him suited to the Premier League.

if you look at Hernandez, he was the same but never really made it as a starter in the PL and was poor in Spain also. I see Jovic has also struggled in Spain.

The Bundesliga is much different from the premier league. Haller is also not putting in a shift.
He's a good player with a proven track record
0 x

User avatar
BlackDiamond
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:46 pm
x 690
x 453

Re: How wonky is Sébastien Haller

Post by BlackDiamond » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:46 pm

Mikeveep wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:20 pm
He's the same player that had us drooling in his first few games...

The quality is there, The application needs to be drawn out.

When you're scouting these players you see them in their element enjoying football and have no idea about their temperament in adversity.
You have probably unearthed the crux of the mistake right there.There was no scouting of the player in his element or anywhere else. Nobody visited Germany to actually have a butchers.

These important decisions are a combination of agent punts,hearsay and stabs in the dark. Which is why the clubs recent successes with player acquisitions are as good as they are...
1 x

User avatar
Mikeveep
Posts: 2142
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 pm
Location: Trendy Walthamstow
x 99
x 229

Re: How wonky is Sébastien Haller

Post by Mikeveep » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:45 pm

That's depressing BD. I hope it's not as random as that :(
0 x

Post Reply

Social Media