Man City banned from European Competition

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Man City banned from European Competition

Post by Ibbyham » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:53 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51510284

If they failed the appeal, and if they finished top 4, then the 5th place team may enter and the 6th place team automatic go to Europa and if any clubs win FA Cup or League Cup as a top 4 clubs, then the 7th and 8th place teams will go to Europa.
0 x

Ironworksfc

The blue Mancs

Post by Ironworksfc » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:54 pm

Oh dear, wonder if they will get off with the appeal
0 x

andyginbrasil

Re: Man City banned from European Competition

Post by andyginbrasil » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:05 pm

Ibbyham wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:53 pm

If they failed the appeal, and if they finished top 4, then the 5th place team may enter and the 6th place team automatic go to Europa and if any clubs win FA Cup or League Cup as a top 4 clubs, then the 7th and 8th place teams will go to Europa.
So, let me get this right, Man City are out, Now if Liverpool, Spuds, Chelsea, Arsenal and Leicester get done as well, we will only need another 6 teams to get done on fair play and banned from Europe......and we could get in.....oh happy days.. :lol:
4 x

tassiehammer

Re: The blue Mancs

Post by tassiehammer » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:42 pm

Ironworksfc wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:54 pm

Oh dear, wonder if they will get off with the appeal
Hope not. Means more chances for us :lol:
0 x

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:34 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:05 pm
Ibbyham wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:53 pm

So, let me get this right, Man City are out, Now if Liverpool, Spuds, Chelsea, Arsenal and Leicester get done as well, we will only need another 6 teams to get done on fair play and banned from Europe......and we could get in.....oh happy days.. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And if ALL PL clubs banned from European Competitions, then the Championship team such as Brentford could qualify.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
1 x

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:40 pm

If I was Pep I would forfeit Wednesday's game to teach the authorities a lesson
1 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:25 pm

So the likes of PSG have done everything by the book,have they?La Liga don't exactly make billions,does it?

Let`s not even mention Real Madrid either.Oh yeah,they are UEFA's little darlings.

This could really open up a can of worms.Will be interesting what will happen next?

Personally.I think UEFA and the governments of their countries should look at the way Football Club Owners are using them has their own "Cash cows".

When you look at the Glaziers at United,who purchased the club,by taking out loans and spiraled them into debt.Then there is the Kroenke at Arsenal,who takes a massive amount of money out of Arsenal to put into other businesses..Let`s not forget us either.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:05 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:25 pm
So the likes of PSG have done everything by the book,have they?La Liga don't exactly make billions,does it?

Let`s not even mention Real Madrid either.Oh yeah,they are UEFA's little darlings.

This could really open up a can of worms.Will be interesting what will happen next?

Personally.I think UEFA and the governments of their countries should look at the way Football Club Owners are using them has their own "Cash cows".

When you look at the Glaziers at United,who purchased the club,by taking out loans and spiraled them into debt.Then there is the Kroenke at Arsenal,who takes a massive amount of money out of Arsenal to put into other businesses..Let`s not forget us either.
Terry, I have a lot of respect for your posts usually but, FFS, give this "they're always bashing us Brits" a fucking rest mate.

If you or I had enough money to buy a football club we wouldn't want any fucking bureaucrat telling us how we can or can't spend OUR money.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:32 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:05 am
terrya1965 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:25 pm

Terry, I have a lot of respect for your posts usually but, FFS, give this "they're always bashing us Brits" a fucking rest mate.

If you or I had enough money to buy a football club we wouldn't want any fucking bureaucrat telling us how we can or can't spend OUR money.
I never said that at all.I just think UEFA are biased.I bet it was clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid that put the complaint in.If UEFA had their way,they`d have RM and Barca in the Final every year.

Fuck UEFA & FIFA,who are the most bent and corrupt corporations in World Sport.You just only have to look at their record Whiskyman.

I have actually criticised PL Ownership.

Answer me one question?Do you think Real Madrid do everything by the book and are squeaky clean?

Your last sentence..I did actually think that myself.Mind you,I would rather Football be an even playing field for all,but that will never happen.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:05 am

UEFA have always had it in for English clubs. Turkish and Italian fans get away with murder, but no ban.
PSG can buy 2 players in a single window for £350m and they get a slap on the wrist.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Social Media