Man City banned from European Competition

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Man City banned from European Competition

Post by palerider » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:04 am

Even talk about them being demoted to League One thereby only two teams would actually be relegated.

The dwarf always knew this in his master plan.

:lol: :lol:
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:29 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:32 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:05 am

Terry, I have a lot of respect for your posts usually but, FFS, give this "they're always bashing us Brits" a fucking rest mate.

If you or I had enough money to buy a football club we wouldn't want any fucking bureaucrat telling us how we can or can't spend OUR money.
I never said that at all.I just think UEFA are biased.I bet it was clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid that put the complaint in.If UEFA had their way,they`d have RM and Barca in the Final every year.

Fuck UEFA & FIFA,who are the most bent and corrupt corporations in World Sport.You just only have to look at their record Whiskyman.

I have actually criticised PL Ownership.

Answer me one question?Do you think Real Madrid do everything by the book and are squeaky clean?

Your last sentence..I did actually think that myself.Mind you,I would rather Football be an even playing field for all,but that will never happen.
Why on earth do you think UEFA would want Real & Barca in the final every year ? What evidence is there to show they are favoured ?

FIFA & UEFA corrupt ? Maybe. But no more so than any other governing body of any sport/organisation. Money always talks. Always has done and always will.

The next World Cup in Qatar is absolute proof of that. Qatar bought the world cup, but how many national football associations said to FIFA "fuck that, we won't take part in this one" ? The German F A sort of suggested a boycott but obviously nothing came of the suggestion.

Even the FFP rules, which are the ones apparently City have been done for, were driven by Europe's major clubs, including the likes of Man United & Chelsea, not just Barca & Real. Why do you think they want those rules maintained ? It wouldn't be to stop clubs like Manchester City gatecrashing the party, would it ? :lol: :lol:
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:33 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:05 am
UEFA have always had it in for English clubs. Turkish and Italian fans get away with murder, but no ban.
PSG can buy 2 players in a single window for £350m and they get a slap on the wrist.
What evidence is there that UEFA "have always had it in for English clubs" ? UEFA aren't exactly a shining light of efficiency and integrity, but neither are our own FA and nor, in all probability, are the FA's of other countries.

Sounds like a typical Millwall like "everyone hates us" moan Nev.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:30 am

It'll prob get overturned anyway...if goes to any Arbitration thing...to do with ..you can't stop
a company trading in it's best interests...

Man City are a Company that rely on Champs League Footie...interesting see what happens..

Evidently we've come out in sympathy....told UEFA...to shove their Champs League,we wont enter
if we Qualify.... :lol:
0 x

kingclyde

Post by kingclyde » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:05 am

Spot on Whisky.

City invented payments to hide some of their expenditure, so they could appear to be balancing the books. And they got caught. By a German newspaper.

Not everything is a case of nice, clean, honest Brits being stuffed by swarthy, greasy foreigners. Speaking as a swarthy, greasy foreigner myself, I do accept it is entirely possible that the true-blue, green and pleasant land loving, sceptred isle devoted, Manchester City boys Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon Al Mubarak (lifelong fans no doubt), are being unfairly treated for being British, but I'm not convinced it is likely.
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:44 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:29 am
terrya1965 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:32 am

I never said that at all.I just think UEFA are biased.I bet it was clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid that put the complaint in.If UEFA had their way,they`d have RM and Barca in the Final every year.

Fuck UEFA & FIFA,who are the most bent and corrupt corporations in World Sport.You just only have to look at their record Whiskyman.

I have actually criticised PL Ownership.

Answer me one question?Do you think Real Madrid do everything by the book and are squeaky clean?

Your last sentence..I did actually think that myself.Mind you,I would rather Football be an even playing field for all,but that will never happen.
Why on earth do you think UEFA would want Real & Barca in the final every year ? What evidence is there to show they are favoured ?

FIFA & UEFA corrupt ? Maybe. But no more so than any other governing body of any sport/organisation. Money always talks. Always has done and always will.

The next World Cup in Qatar is absolute proof of that. Qatar bought the world cup, but how many national football associations said to FIFA "fuck that, we won't take part in this one" ? The German F A sort of suggested a boycott but obviously nothing came of the suggestion.

Even the FFP rules, which are the ones apparently City have been done for, were driven by Europe's major clubs, including the likes of Man United & Chelsea, not just Barca & Real. Why do you think they want those rules maintained ? It wouldn't be to stop clubs like Manchester City gatecrashing the party, would it ? :lol: :lol:
So you are agreeing with me then. :)

I have read about it this morning.They have been concealing a number of payments. These were either made to individuals or to inflate sponsorship deals, which allowed the club to meet financial fair play regulations.

Listen Whisky,UEFA love the Spanish Clubs and are jealous of the PL,because of the massive income that is made.I bet seeing all our 4 teams in the European Finals really pissed them off.
0 x

kingclyde

Post by kingclyde » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:06 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:44 am

Listen Whisky,UEFA love the Spanish Clubs and are jealous of the PL,because of the massive income that is made.I bet seeing all our 4 teams in the European Finals really pissed them off.
But the corruption was discovered and reported by Der Spiegel.
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:23 pm

kingclyde wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:06 pm
terrya1965 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:44 am

But the corruption was discovered and reported by Der Spiegel.
They've never forgiven us for beating them in 1966....... :lol:
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:57 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:33 am
Neville Bartos wrote:
UEFA have always had it in for English clubs. Turkish and Italian fans get away with murder, but no ban.
PSG can buy 2 players in a single window for £350m and they get a slap on the wrist.
What evidence is there that UEFA "have always had it in for English clubs" ? UEFA aren't exactly a shining light of efficiency and integrity, but neither are our own FA and nor, in all probability, are the FA's of other countries.

Not at all. UEFA have failed to act in any meaningful way to ongoing incidents of 'hooliganism' in Italy, Turkey, Russia and Poland. Violence and racism are routinely ignored.
Other teams have also been found, or have been shown to be, circumventing various spending caps and have received nothing more than a fine.
Do you really believe that UEFA would ignore racist chanting week in week out in English football, ignore stabbings, ignore European fans being advised no to travel to England for their own safety?
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Towie

Post by Towie » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:58 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:33 am
Neville Bartos wrote:

Spot on Whiskyman, the difference between PSG & Citeh cases are from what I can tell, is PSG got fined for breaching Ffp rules however they never tried to conceal evidence. That is why Citeh are banned for 2 seasons.

Now do we think that we can sue Citeh for 25m as their cheating probably stopped us finishing top 4 2016?
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Social Media