Man City banned from European Competition

Chat about anything football related here!
andyginbrasil

Re: Man City banned from European Competition

Post by andyginbrasil » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:27 pm

Towie wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:58 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:33 am

What evidence is there that UEFA "have always had it in for English clubs" ? UEFA aren't exactly a shining light of efficiency and integrity, but neither are our own FA and nor, in all probability, are the FA's of other countries.

Sounds like a typical Millwall like "everyone hates us" moan Nev.
Spot on Whiskyman, the difference between PSG & Citeh cases are from what I can tell, is PSG got fined for breaching Ffp rules however they never tried to conceal evidence. That is why Citeh are banned for 2 seasons.

Now do we think that we can sue Citeh for 25m as their cheating probably stopped us finishing top 4 2016?
Don't give them stupid ideas Towie.....We are hated enough as it is.......... :lol: :lol:
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:31 pm

kingclyde wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:06 pm
terrya1965 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:44 am

Listen Whisky,UEFA love the Spanish Clubs and are jealous of the PL,because of the massive income that is made.I bet seeing all our 4 teams in the European Finals really pissed them off.
But the corruption was discovered and reported by Der Spiegel.
Does it matter who discovered it Frogiron?

Most scandals are normally discovered by Journalists,aren't they?

UEFA will be rubbing their hands together with glee.

Would love it,if City won it this season.Can you imagine the embarrassment of the UEFA President handing them the Trophy. :lol:
0 x

kingclyde

Post by kingclyde » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:44 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:31 pm
kingclyde wrote:

Does it matter who discovered it Frogiron?

Most scandals are normally discovered by Journalists,aren't they?

UEFA will be rubbing their hands together with glee.

Would love it,if City won it this season.Can you imagine the embarrassment of the UEFA President handing them the Trophy. :lol:
It matters Tel because you propose that an independent investigative German publication published details highlighting corruption at Man City, because UEFA hates the Premier League and was pissed off at the success of British football clubs.

If, by your own words, you want a "level field", then why would you want a club who have tried to hide the spending of many millions in order to gain an unfair advantage, to succeed?
0 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:38 pm

Much as I like City, you break the rules, you get punished.

I now see why our glorious owners run scared of FFP.

Well done.
1 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:59 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:29 am

Why on earth do you think UEFA would want Real & Barca in the final every year ? What evidence is there to show they are favoured ?

FIFA & UEFA corrupt ? Maybe. But no more so than any other governing body of any sport/organisation. Money always talks. Always has done and always will.

The next World Cup in Qatar is absolute proof of that. Qatar bought the world cup, but how many national football associations said to FIFA "fuck that, we won't take part in this one" ? The German F A sort of suggested a boycott but obviously nothing came of the suggestion.

Even the FFP rules, which are the ones apparently City have been done for, were driven by Europe's major clubs, including the likes of Man United & Chelsea, not just Barca & Real. Why do you think they want those rules maintained ? It wouldn't be to stop clubs like Manchester City gatecrashing the party, would it ? :lol: :lol:
So you are agreeing with me then. :)

I have read about it this morning.They have been concealing a number of payments. These were either made to individuals or to inflate sponsorship deals, which allowed the club to meet financial fair play regulations.

Listen Whisky,UEFA love the Spanish Clubs and are jealous of the PL,because of the massive income that is made.I bet seeing all our 4 teams in the European Finals really pissed them off.
I agree that FFP is a load of old cunt. What I don't agree with is that UEFA have an agenda against English clubs.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:02 pm

kingclyde wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:

Actually mate it was discovered by a fucking hacker. And I'd bet a pound to a pinch of shit that any civil court (not a kangaroo sporting court, but a proper one) would rule that any "evidence" obtained by hacking, a criminal offence, was illegaly obtained, and therefore inadmissible.

I hope City take this all the way. And I hope they win.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:11 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:57 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:33 am

What evidence is there that UEFA "have always had it in for English clubs" ? UEFA aren't exactly a shining light of efficiency and integrity, but neither are our own FA and nor, in all probability, are the FA's of other countries.

Sounds like a typical Millwall like "everyone hates us" moan Nev.
Not at all. UEFA have failed to act in any meaningful way to ongoing incidents of 'hooliganism' in Italy, Turkey, Russia and Poland. Violence and racism are routinely ignored.
Other teams have also been found, or have been shown to be, circumventing various spending caps and have received nothing more than a fine.
Do you really believe that UEFA would ignore racist chanting week in week out in English football, ignore stabbings, ignore European fans being advised no to travel to England for their own safety?
FFS. How many incidents, before Heysel, were English fans involved in before any ban was introduced ? Virtually every England international abroad was tarnished by violence in whatever City the match was played in. Eventually UEFA acted, some would say not before time. And of course there is a big difference between violence, however despicable, being committed by Turks and Italians in Turkey and Italy than mayhem being caused by visiting fans, which was the reason English clubs were banned. Put simply violence in Istanbul is unacceptable, but I do not have to go there. Violence in a City where English, or fans of any other nationality , cause havoc is another matter entirely.

I don't know if other clubs have been "shown to be circumventing spending caps" or not. I don't have any evidence of it. Nor, I suspect, do you. Please remember not everything printed in the Sun is fact. ;)
0 x

kingclyde

Post by kingclyde » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:14 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:02 pm
kingclyde wrote:

Actually mate it was discovered by a fucking hacker. And I'd bet a pound to a pinch of shit that any civil court (not a kangaroo sporting court, but a proper one) would rule that any "evidence" obtained by hacking, a criminal offence, was illegaly obtained, and therefore inadmissible.

Doesn't really change things, mate. Just because dodgy dealing is discovered by a hacker, then publicised by the legitimate press, does not make the perpetrators innocent. I hope they do not beat any sanction. Maybe not two year ban, but something sufficient to make sure that any club trying to do similar are discouraged from doing so.

From what I have read, they not only knew what they were doing, they attempted to hide it in full knowledge of what they were doing.

This is not an accident of paperwork, it is a considered attempt to gain unfair advantage. If you allow that to go unpunished, you may as well have a free for all.

You are of course right. FFP is not be perfect, and I am not a blind supporter of it. It certainly has not have succeeded as intended. But it is at least an attempt to create a meretricious game, to reduce the ability for the ultra-rich to simply buy their competitors out of the game.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:21 pm

kingclyde wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:14 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:02 pm

Doesn't really change things, mate. Just because dodgy dealing is discovered by a hacker, then publicised by the legitimate press, does not make the perpetrators innocent. I hope they do not beat any sanction. Maybe not two year ban, but something sufficient to make sure that any club trying to do similar are discouraged from doing so.

From what I have read, they not only knew what they were doing, they attempted to hide it in full knowledge of what they were doing.

This is not an accident of paperwork, it is a considered attempt to gain unfair advantage. If you allow that to go unpunished, you may as well have a free for all.

FFP is not be perfect, and I am not a blind supporter of it. It certainly has not have succeeded as intended. But it is at least an attempt to create a meretricious game, to reduce the ability for the ultra-rich to simply buy their competitors out of the game.
You are of course right. But if the original information was obtained illegally can we be 100% sure it is legitimate and has not been in any way edited ? I hear what you're saying and agree it doesn't make the perpetrators innocent. However if the so called evidence was obtained illegally we cannot be sure it is genuine.

I have a massive aversion to regulations that tell anyone how they should spend their own money. If someone has the wealth to buy any business, including a football club, they should be allowed to effectively subsidise it if they want.
And all the FFP rules do is ensure the clubs currently in the "ultra-rich" category will remain, unchallenged, as the top dogs because, as we all know they have the money already to "buy-off" the interlopers.

Take Leicester. They seem to be a very well run club. But last year Harry Maguire decided to leave them and join a "super club". Next summer James Maddison will probably do the same. And eventually, as a consequence, Leicester will become just another club making up the numbers in the PL.

I couldn't give a flying one if a club goes bust because it overspends. When and if that happens it gives other, better run , clubs lower down the pyramid to move upward. Ther rule makers say FFP is designed to stop clubs building up massive and unsustainable debt. Good business management should be allowwed to do that. Not red tape.
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:01 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:11 pm
Neville Bartos wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:57 pm

Not at all. UEFA have failed to act in any meaningful way to ongoing incidents of 'hooliganism' in Italy, Turkey, Russia and Poland. Violence and racism are routinely ignored.
Other teams have also been found, or have been shown to be, circumventing various spending caps and have received nothing more than a fine.
Do you really believe that UEFA would ignore racist chanting week in week out in English football, ignore stabbings, ignore European fans being advised no to travel to England for their own safety?
FFS. How many incidents, before Heysel, were English fans involved in before any ban was introduced ? Virtually every England international abroad was tarnished by violence in whatever City the match was played in. Eventually UEFA acted, some would say not before time. And of course there is a big difference between violence, however despicable, being committed by Turks and Italians in Turkey and Italy than mayhem being caused by visiting fans, which was the reason English clubs were banned. Put simply violence in Istanbul is unacceptable, but I do not have to go there. Violence in a City where English, or fans of any other nationality , cause havoc is another matter entirely.

I don't know if other clubs have been "shown to be circumventing spending caps" or not. I don't have any evidence of it. Nor, I suspect, do you. Please remember not everything printed in the Sun is fact. ;)
We might remind ourselves here, that Der Spiegel is not a national newspaper but a weekly gossip magazine. It has furnished it's readers -over many years - with the kind of stories (The Hitler Diaries) that their readers can't find published anywhere else...
0 x

Social Media