West Ham vs Wolves Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Wolves Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:09 pm

Following our frustrating result against Arsenal which we should have won by a mile. Hope more positive in attack against high-flying Wolves who is having Europa this Thursday. All I hope the West Ham defence to continue their form but the attacker need to be more clinical. Soucek will be back which is a massive boost for us and hopefully to replace Noble.

Squad:

Fabianksi

Ngakia
Diop
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Soucek
Rice (C)
Fornals

Bowen
Haller
Antonio

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
2 x

JayK

Re: West Ham vs Wolves Official Match Thread

Post by JayK » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:53 pm

Wolves are outstanding on the counter. Better than most. We go all out attack, we lose.
0 x
COYI!!!

Towie

Post by Towie » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:34 pm

JayK wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:53 pm
Wolves are outstanding on the counter. Better than most. We go all out attack, we lose.
Lucky we have Moyes at the helm then.
1 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:39 pm

Since January 1st* Wolves's league record is.....

3 wins, 4 draws & 1 loss (Liverpool). Goals scored 11-7. Three nil nil draws in that with four clean sheets. PLUS they played in the FA & Europa Cup

Our league record is.....

1 win, 2 draws & 6 losses with a Goals of 10-18

But our last three games have been much better performances & you could argue the losses to Liverpool & Arsenal were down to one off individual player errors.

They play in Greece on Thursday in the Europa Cup & I'm guessing fly back overnight, rest up Friday then come to us Saturday unless they fly straight back to London. That might help us but last time they played in Europe on a Thursday they went to win 3-2 at Spurs.

BUT they had a 4 nil lead going into the Espanyol game so maybe they played a 2nd string team down there.

Wolves are tough to beat. An in form Watford did them on NYD but since then they have been great.

* not including Jan 1st
0 x
User avatarBillyDWhizz
Re: Having A Look At Wolves
Unread post Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:33 pm

In all honesty mate, it's a must win game. Mr 25 win percent really needs to get the team up for this game, because with 9 games left a 1 in 4 win ratio ain't gonna see us in the Premier League next season. It's no good "playing better" if we ain't winning. Mind you, I ain't worried because winning, is apparently what Mr Moyes does...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAA! :lol:
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.
User avatarprince of wales
Unread post Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:49 pm

Over decades,teams playing away midweek in Europe statistically don't do well next league game.Will be decisive.
0 x
User avatarTowie
Unread post Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:33 pm

Since Wolves returned to premier league we have lost all 3 games played to them conceding 6 and scoring a resounding zilch!
I expect Moyes to carry on the tradition. :lol:
0 x
User avatarIbbyham
Unread post Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:00 pm

Towie wrote: ↑Since Wolves returned to premier league we have lost all 3 games played to them conceding 6 and scoring a resounding zilch!
I remembered West Ham used to have a very good records against Wolves before the chinese took over them and since then like you said, nothing is nothing. Football has changed in last 20 years.

Wolves and Leicester whom both West Ham USED to have good records, now both of them enjoying beating us in the last couple of seasons.

Our only good record now is Fulham and Southampton, the rest we will rarely win, even Palace! :twisted:

Need to get our owners OUT and bring in new owners that has ambition to succeed like Wolves and Leicester doing otherwise we will be in the Championship for a long haul like Nottingham Forest, Sheff Wed, Ipswich and Derby.
0 x

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:41 pm

Towie wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:34 pm
JayK wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:53 pm
Lucky we have Moyes at the helm then.
:lol:

I'm not confident of getting a point in our next three games.

And we all know how good I am at predicting things
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:49 am

Taansend wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:39 pm
Since January 1st* Wolves's league record is.....

3 wins, 4 draws & 1 loss (Liverpool). Goals scored 11-7. Three nil nil draws in that with four clean sheets. PLUS they played in the FA & Europa Cup

Our league record is.....

1 win, 2 draws & 6 losses with a Goals of 10-18

But our last three games have been much better performances & you could argue the losses to Liverpool & Arsenal were down to one off individual player errors.

They play in Greece on Thursday in the Europa Cup & I'm guessing fly back overnight, rest up Friday then come to us Saturday unless they fly straight back to London. That might help us but last time they played in Europe on a Thursday they went to win 3-2 at Spurs.

BUT they had a 4 nil lead going into the Espanyol game so maybe they played a 2nd string team down there.

Wolves are tough to beat. An in form Watford did them on NYD but since then they have been great.

* not including Jan 1st
0 x
User avatarBillyDWhizz
Unread post Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:33 pm

In all honesty mate, it's a must win game. Mr 25 win percent really needs to get the team up for this game, because with 9 games left a 1 in 4 win ratio ain't gonna see us in the Premier League next season. It's no good "playing better" if we ain't winning. Mind you, I ain't worried because winning, is apparently what Mr Moyes does...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAA! :lol:
0 x
Rounding to the nearest whole numbers makes them pointless.
User avatarprince of wales
Unread post Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:49 pm

Over decades,teams playing away midweek in Europe statistically don't do well next league game.Will be decisive.
0 x
User avatarTowie
Unread post Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:33 pm

Since Wolves returned to premier league we have lost all 3 games played to them conceding 6 and scoring a resounding zilch!
0 x
User avatarIbbyham
Unread post Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:00 pm

Towie wrote: ↑Since Wolves returned to premier league we have lost all 3 games played to them conceding 6 and scoring a resounding zilch!
I remembered West Ham used to have a very good records against Wolves before the chinese took over them and since then like you said, nothing is nothing. Football has changed in last 20 years.

Wolves and Leicester whom both West Ham USED to have good records, now both of them enjoying beating us in the last couple of seasons.

Our only good record now is Fulham and Southampton, the rest we will rarely win, even Palace! :twisted:

Need to get our owners OUT and bring in new owners that has ambition to succeed like Wolves and Leicester doing otherwise we will be in the Championship for a long haul like Nottingham Forest, Sheff Wed, Ipswich and Derby.
Wtf is THAT ? :lol:
1 x
Bring back Jonathon !

jhammers

Post by jhammers » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:31 am

A big boost for us is that Wolves play Olympiakos away on Thursday night. We couldn't ask for a better time to play them
0 x

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:46 am

jhammers wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:31 am
A big boost for us is that Wolves play Olympiakos away on Thursday night. We couldn't ask for a better time to play them
You mean Lasagne might be on the menu?
1 x

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:39 pm

in our current tough run of games, this is the one i feel we've got zip chance of getting anything out of. I thought we could get something at le arse , possibly chelsea and tottingham. But it would require a turn around in our striking fortunes which as highlighted last weekend are all that seems to be holding us back from getting results.

would defo find a space for pam or at least give him more than 10 fuckin minutes to make a difference, he has the potential to do something different on his day and i dont care if he only does it every 4 -5 games as long as he is given the chance.

soucheck for noble (needs a rest), pam for antonio 2nd half.
1 x

Towie

Post by Towie » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:04 pm

brookingslovechild wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:39 pm
in our current tough run of games, this is the one i feel we've got zip chance of getting anything out of. I thought we could get something at le arse , possibly chelsea and tottingham. But it would require a turn around in our striking fortunes which as highlighted last weekend are all that seems to be holding us back from getting results.

would defo find a space for pam or at least give him more than 10 fuckin minutes to make a difference, he has the potential to do something different on his day and i dont care if he only does it every 4 -5 games as long as he is given the chance.

soucheck for noble (needs a rest), pam for antonio 2nd half.
Agree, we need different attacking threats if it not happening. Anderson & maybe Yarmelenko of bench offer that.
1 x

Social Media