English Football suspended

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
h69
Posts: 3850
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Enfield, Middlesex
x 478
x 325

English Football suspended

Post by h69 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:08 am

until April 3rd
0 x

User avatar
brookingslovechild
Posts: 650
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 10:39 am
Location: Manchester
x 223
x 81

Re: English Football suspended

Post by brookingslovechild » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:13 am

the right call. Not sure we will see another match this season/year. What am i gonna whinge about for the next few months.
0 x

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 5324
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 430
x 585

Re: English Football suspended

Post by mkhammer » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:15 am

More than likely hitting it's peak over here round about then...so can't see it restarting,in
fact poss this season will be written off....but Scouse will still be given title,no doubt...
0 x

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 9441
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: Wuhan China
x 567
x 1306

Re: English Football suspended

Post by palerider » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:18 am

brookingslovechild wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:13 am
the right call. Not sure we will see another match this season/year. What am i gonna whinge about for the next few months.
Has to be the right thing to do. England cricket tour off too.

While 95% of people who get it will suffer mild or even no symptoms, the other 5% is a fucking lot of people to play God with.

April 3rd ? We'll see again then but I suspect, if predictions are correct, it will be even more severe then.


Leeds. Baggies.

Get your lawyers ready.
2 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

User avatar
h69
Posts: 3850
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Enfield, Middlesex
x 478
x 325

Re: English Football suspended

Post by h69 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:21 am

brookingslovechild wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:13 am
the right call. Not sure we will see another match this season/year. What am i gonna whinge about for the next few months.
Yes. I agree. I think the peak of the virus is likely to be around end of April but given Euro 2020 is likely to become Euro 2021, they will probably be playing these fixtures in June.
0 x

User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 4901
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm
x 771
x 589

Re: English Football suspended

Post by terrya1965 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:35 am

My prediction is it will start again in May/June..Euro's will be cancelled all together has the new Season will start in October and continue till the end of June next year.
0 x

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 9441
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: Wuhan China
x 567
x 1306

Re: English Football suspended

Post by palerider » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:37 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:35 am
My prediction is it will start again in May/June..Euro's will be cancelled all together has the new Season will start in October and continue till the end of June next year.
I think it's too early to predict what will happen yet Terry.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

User avatar
Mancunian Hammer
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:59 pm
x 15
x 45

Re: English Football suspended

Post by Mancunian Hammer » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:43 am

Looks like society is being cancelled indefinitely and this is just the beginning, it will be pubs etc next and we will all be indoors looking at screens. The season restarting again in a month? Is anyone thinking this is going to blow over in the space of a month rather than get worse? At this rate I would be suprised if the season concludes, indeed I would be suprised if the next one starts in August.
1 x

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 9441
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: Wuhan China
x 567
x 1306

Re: English Football suspended

Post by palerider » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:52 am

There is a precedent.

The 39/40 season was abandoned because the outbreak of WW2. Only 3 games in but it was voided nonetheless.

Also, money didn't run the game back then. The TV companies will be doing their utmost to get games played and behind closed doors is even better for their advertising revenue stream.

But sanity has to win the day. No-one can say yet what things will look like by the beginning of May. I think Bojo listened to the advice given too readily yesterday, before the self-isolatons in football began last night.

The powers that be will be doing their damndest to get the leagues finished.

But if I were a gambling man, that outcome would be an outside bet.


In the meantime, Sean Bean's march has begun. The Blunts would have been nailed-on for the CL.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

User avatar
BlackDiamond
Posts: 4736
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:46 pm
x 779
x 507

Re: English Football suspended

Post by BlackDiamond » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:14 pm

Completely against all government advice and Science.
0 x

Post Reply

Social Media