English Football suspended

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: English Football suspended

Post by palerider » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:48 am

So.

April 30th. And then some. Because to think it will begin again after that is putting some pants on your head, sticking pencils up your nose and saying 'wibble' territory.

I've already posted at length on here about relegation, or not, and that it wouldn't bother me at all. In fact some perverse reasoning within me that to actually see the leaches in charge of us squirm would outweigh the irritation.

And of course Miss Piggy blurted out that the league should be just voided because we're out of the bottom three on goal difference, no thanks to Mr. Dead.

But the J League in Japan yesterday announced there would be no relegation this season.

While on the same day, the FA have boldly stated that the leagues will finish whenever that may be. To preserve the integrity of football.

Japan does not have Sky or BT. It's sports are shown on the J channels. There is Sky A, but that's a minor station over there only loosely connected to our own version, and it doesn't show football.

The real reason for integrity in football emerged overnight. It was that the Premier League will have to pay channels who it has an agreement with, 762 million pounds if the league isn't finished. Which is why the absurd idea of all the remaining games being crammed into three weeks and played behind closed doors at three Midland venues is being seriously considered. Obviously shown live. With all of the lovely advertising.

Players will be run into the ground. But Gary Neville thinks it's a great idea.

He works for Sky.

So, if they save all of this money, how much do you think they'll give to clubs in leagues 1, 2, or the National League who survive hand to mouth and only function with paying customers ?

Despite the obvious bias of most of it's pundits, they don't really give a toss about the victims winning the league.

Make no mistake. The 'integrity' is all about money.

And it stinks.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:08 am

So you basically agree her ladyship's idea of abandoning the season is a sound one ?

Brady nosher. ;)

As for integrity being used in the same sentence as football. Go and wash your mouth out. And make sure you used that medicated stuff.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:30 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:08 am
So you basically agree her ladyship's idea of abandoning the season is a sound one ?

Brady nosher. ;)

As for integrity being used in the same sentence as football. Go and wash your mouth out. And make sure you used that medicated stuff.
There once was a Vampire named Jowells
That sucked faeces from Miss Piggy’s bowels
Even the Dogs on the street
Wouldn’t touch the green meat
That clung to her sanitary towels
1 x
Bring back Jonathon !

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:46 am

Evidently Sky/BT will be wanting some of their dosh back.....

That should account for some of the money from Mr Sullivans Oxford Street shop sale... :lol:

Flog it quick Sulli....properties gonna bottom out big time.....
Most of his money is tied up in property.... :shock:
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:01 am

palerider wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:48 am
So.

April 30th. And then some. Because to think it will begin again after that is putting some pants on your head, sticking pencils up your nose and saying 'wibble' territory.

I've already posted at length on here about relegation, or not, and that it wouldn't bother me at all. In fact some perverse reasoning within me that to actually see the leaches in charge of us squirm would outweigh the irritation.

And of course Miss Piggy blurted out that the league should be just voided because we're out of the bottom three on goal difference, no thanks to Mr. Dead.

But the J League in Japan yesterday announced there would be no relegation this season.

While on the same day, the FA have boldly stated that the leagues will finish whenever that may be. To preserve the integrity of football.

Japan does not have Sky or BT. It's sports are shown on the J channels. There is Sky A, but that's a minor station over there only loosely connected to our own version, and it doesn't show football.

The real reason for integrity in football emerged overnight. It was that the Premier League will have to pay channels who it has an agreement with, 762 million pounds if the league isn't finished. Which is why the absurd idea of all the remaining games being crammed into three weeks and played behind closed doors at three Midland venues is being seriously considered. Obviously shown live. With all of the lovely advertising.

Players will be run into the ground. But Gary Neville thinks it's a great idea.

He works for Sky.

So, if they save all of this money, how much do you think they'll give to clubs in leagues 1, 2, or the National League who survive hand to mouth and only function with paying customers ?

Despite the obvious bias of most of it's pundits, they don't really give a toss about the victims winning the league.

Make no mistake. The 'integrity' is all about money.

And it stinks.
goodpost:) Completely agree. That's is what the Premier League is all about....Money, Money, Money !
0 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:51 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:08 am

Brady nosher. ;)

I'm not saying it is or it isn't, what I'm saying is that all options still need to be on the table as no-one has a clue how long this will last for.

The PL trying to espouse their holier than thou mantra of integrity is risible.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Flairon

Post by Flairon » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:31 pm

So football is now suspended until April 30th, but the EPL are determined to finish the season. TBH, I cannot see how that will happen unless they delay the start of next season.
0 x
Flairon

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:59 pm

Fuck Liverpool and the EPL call it off now.

Put your fucking foot down Bozza.
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:26 pm

Flairon wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:31 pm
So football is now suspended until April 30th, but the EPL are determined to finish the season. TBH, I cannot see how that will happen unless they delay the start of next season.
That’s assuming next season would kick off on time even if they were to void this one.
The more info we hear, the longer away we appear to be from any sense of normality.
0 x
Jurgen Klopp’s teeth are giving me a migraine

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:42 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:26 pm
Flairon wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:31 pm
That’s assuming next season would kick off on time even if they were to void this one.
The more info we hear, the longer away we appear to be from any sense of normality.
What more info ? The news from China, where it all kicked off (pardon the football pun) is that there are no new cases. OK we are a bit behind China so a few more people will fall off their perches. Sad, but let's face it people die all the time, particularly the sick and the old.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Social Media