English Football suspended

Chat about anything football related here!
Ironworksfc

Re: English Football suspended

Post by Ironworksfc » Sat May 23, 2020 12:36 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:33 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:03 am

My personal view is that if I'm going to catch it I'm not too concerned whether I catch it next week, next month or next year.
So you're quite happy to take a chance that you may be one of the unfortunate ones who has a severe reaction and winds up dead?
Dead next week, next month or next year makes no difference to you or your family & friends?
He could just stay indoors for ever waiting for the magic vaccine
0 x

Towie

Post by Towie » Sat May 23, 2020 12:41 pm

Ironworksfc wrote:
Towie wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:54 am

It not flip flopping mate, the message has been quite clear from the start.
Save lives, protect the NHS, stay at home.

Only you it seems has an issue with it against all the worldwide experts advice. Which in my book makes you a total prick!
Only me :lol: :lol:

You giant fucking dickhead
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep, everyone listen to Ironworks.

Bellend.
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Sat May 23, 2020 12:47 pm

Ironworksfc wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:36 pm
ToneLoc wrote:

So you're quite happy to take a chance that you may be one of the unfortunate ones who has a severe reaction and winds up dead?
Dead next week, next month or next year makes no difference to you or your family & friends?
As in general I think the right approach is somewhere between the two extremes.
I'm not an advocate of perpetual lockdown but neither am I naive enough to suggest everything goes back to pre-pandemic at the flick of a lightswitch.

There will be some than can or cannot afford (mentally and fiscally) to socially distance over a prolonged period so each person will have a differing set of circumstances. My point being is that if you're NOT fiscally and emotionally dependent on running back into society as before then why would you take the risk just for the sake of it?

I don't know Whiskey personally but from his varying posts on here he seems a smart chap who's in a position to not have to take risks.
0 x
Jurgen Klopp’s teeth are giving me a migraine

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc » Sat May 23, 2020 12:53 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:47 pm
Ironworksfc wrote:

I'm not an advocate of perpetual lockdown but neither am I naive enough to suggest everything goes back to pre-pandemic at the flick of a lightswitch.

There will be some than can or cannot afford (mentally and fiscally) to socially distance over a prolonged period so each person will have a differing set of circumstances. My point being is that if you're NOT fiscally and emotionally dependent on running back into society as before then why would you take the risk just for the sake of it?

I don't know Whiskey personally but from his varying posts on here he seems a smart chap who's in a position to not have to take risks.
Because we live in a free society, or we used to.
If the risk is low and you don't interact with people who are in the high risk category that should be your choice.
0 x

Towie

Post by Towie » Sat May 23, 2020 1:02 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:47 pm
Ironworksfc wrote:

Spot on mate.
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Macca666

Post by Macca666 » Sat May 23, 2020 3:52 pm

Ironworksfc wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:21 pm
Macca666 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:49 am

Spot on ironworks couldn’t have put it any better myself. People are claiming the lockdown has been a success, unbelievable when you consider that most of the nation are still in lockdown, where yet to see the social and economic problems this lockdown will have in the coming months and years.
Personally can’t wait for the inevitable food shortages that will happen when lockup is over, queuing outside Lidl in the winter months freezing my fucking bollocks off watching the selfish cunts inside emptying the shelves of food.
My opinion for what it’s worth, the real problems will start when the government announce the new vaccine and the fall out that will happen when people start refusing it, just for the record I won’t be having any vaccine, i’ll take my chances if that makes me a selfish cunt then I’m a selfish cunt.
The thought of any vaccine being mandatory is shocking, especially considering it normally takes around 2 years to develop one and in this situation it is being rushed through.

If you look at the cost of the government furlough scheme alone, it's absolutely mind boggling, can't even imagine how long it will take to pay back and with a huge hike in unemployment those lucky enough to still have a job will get crucified.

Not fun times ahead.
By the governments own admittion vaccines are unreliable at the best of times, and the fact they offer a 1 time payment of £120000 as compensation should things go wrong should get alarm bells ringing.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sat May 23, 2020 4:08 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

My personal view is that if I'm going to catch it I'm not too concerned whether I catch it next week, next month or next year.
Weighed against the possibility of remaining in a lockdown whereby one cannot meet friends or even family not living with you, my answer would be your assessment is basically correct. I would take my chances at living LIFE. Properly, not some artificial, restricted existence.

Or putting it another way I would back myself to be one of the 95% who catch it and don't need treatment. And if I did need treatment I would back myself, and hope, I was one of the majority who pull through.
1 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Sat May 23, 2020 4:17 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:08 pm
ToneLoc wrote:

Weighed against the possibility of remaining in a lockdown whereby one cannot meet friends or even family not living with you, my answer would be your assessment is basically correct. I would take my chances at living LIFE. Properly, not some artificial, restricted existence.

Or putting it another way I would back myself to be one of the 95% who catch it and don't need treatment. And if I did need treatment I would back myself, and hope, I was one of the majority who pull through.
Fairly put and based purely on "the individual" I'll say I'm probably exactly the same.
But, remember that you're (and the general "we") taking chances on other people's behalf along with it.
I know it's a really difficult balance and would be a lot simpler if it was just about the individual.
But sadly it isn't and those inclined to think it is are, in all probability the same people who have been contributing towards the larger percentage of the transmission rates.

In all honesty I really don't know what the answer is. I think some form of increased social distancing either government-directed or not will be the "new-normal" for some time at least based purely on how i'm seeing people behaving now. Many people have been drilled into it and it's been drilled into them.
Last edited by ToneLoc on Sat May 23, 2020 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Sat May 23, 2020 4:19 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:

Basically you miss the pub and without it...what's the point.
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Sat May 23, 2020 4:21 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:19 pm
Whiskyman wrote:

Basically you miss the pub and without it...what's the point.
I'm with him on that one :lol:
0 x

Social Media