English Football suspended

Chat about anything football related here!
Ironworksfc

Re: English Football suspended

Post by Ironworksfc » Sat May 23, 2020 10:41 pm

Oziron wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Ironworksfc wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:24 am

Comparing covid-19 between countries is proving to be a completely incorrect fruitless activity;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/52311014

https://www.newscientist.com/article/22 ... t-nations/

Peter Hitchens is a good place to start if you actually take time to research things lots of spring information from numerous scientists and epidemiologists, then again you may just be another sheeple, apologies in advance of you are not.
Ah the old 'sheeple' line...A word that has come back into vogue thanks to tin hatted anti vax, anti 5G, chem trail loving conspiracy theorists...!!

As for the 2 articles you quote, I'm sure that both articles contain valid info (I read both) however that doesn't alter the fact that without any kind of lockdown or social distancing measures the spread of the virus would have continued to grow exponentially as it has done globally regardless of the countries wealth or population density.
The levels of social restrictions that a country puts in place can be debated in terms of the balance between deaths, economic hardship and the other factors that you rightly say will occur (suicide,cancer patients etc) however you started this debate by saying that this pandemic wasn't a big deal and that the virus should be left to run its course. This is what irks me. If you think that over 36 000 covid related deaths in UK is acceptable then how would you feel about that figure doubled or worse because that is what would have happened without social restrictions

As for Peter Hitchens I had never heard of him so I did what you suggested and researched him. Sounds like a right cunt...Firstly he writes for The Mail on Sunday which imho is a terrible source of factual information (It along with it's daily counterpart is nothing more than a conservative tabloid dressed up as a 'sensible' newspaper)
From what i have read about Peter he is:
Anti Vax
Anti abortion
Anti gay
Anti birth control
Anti green
Anti Islam
Pro death penalty

Sounds like a very measured, non biased source of info.........

Anyway take care mate and I am off out into the paddock for a nice feed of grass and some ewe action.... ;) ;) ;)
Your chances to get out in the paddock sounds great Oz

I referenced Peter Hitchens as the links to arguments against lockdown have been pretty good, I'm not supporting his overall views in general (apart from anything anti Islam)

What you will not be able to do is provide any evidence that locking down the country has actually done anything positive on saving lives, you just can't.

All I've been trying to point out is that the effects of lockdown will be catastrophic, in a big fucking scary kind of way.
0 x

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Post by Oziron » Sat May 23, 2020 10:46 pm

Ironworksfc wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:41 pm
Oziron wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:17 pm

Ah the old 'sheeple' line...A word that has come back into vogue thanks to tin hatted anti vax, anti 5G, chem trail loving conspiracy theorists...!!

As for the 2 articles you quote, I'm sure that both articles contain valid info (I read both) however that doesn't alter the fact that without any kind of lockdown or social distancing measures the spread of the virus would have continued to grow exponentially as it has done globally regardless of the countries wealth or population density.
The levels of social restrictions that a country puts in place can be debated in terms of the balance between deaths, economic hardship and the other factors that you rightly say will occur (suicide,cancer patients etc) however you started this debate by saying that this pandemic wasn't a big deal and that the virus should be left to run its course. This is what irks me. If you think that over 36 000 covid related deaths in UK is acceptable then how would you feel about that figure doubled or worse because that is what would have happened without social restrictions

As for Peter Hitchens I had never heard of him so I did what you suggested and researched him. Sounds like a right cunt...Firstly he writes for The Mail on Sunday which imho is a terrible source of factual information (It along with it's daily counterpart is nothing more than a conservative tabloid dressed up as a 'sensible' newspaper)
From what i have read about Peter he is:
Anti Vax
Anti abortion
Anti gay
Anti birth control
Anti green
Anti Islam
Pro death penalty

Sounds like a very measured, non biased source of info.........

Anyway take care mate and I am off out into the paddock for a nice feed of grass and some ewe action.... ;) ;) ;)

What you will not be able to do is provide any evidence that locking down the country has actually done anything positive on saving lives, you just can't.

How do you think that Australia and New Zealand have both managed to keep death numbers so low...?

Both countries locked down early in the viral cycle,closed borders, data traced, tested lots and instituted strict social distancing. The numbers speak for themselves
0 x

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc » Sat May 23, 2020 10:48 pm

Oziron wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:46 pm
Ironworksfc wrote:

How do you think that Australia and New Zealand have both managed to keep death numbers so low...?
Return to not being able to compare countries accurately
0 x

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Post by Oziron » Sat May 23, 2020 10:52 pm

I give up..... :roll: :roll: :roll:
0 x

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc » Sat May 23, 2020 10:53 pm

Oziron wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:46 pm
Ironworksfc wrote:

Both countries locked down early in the viral cycle,closed borders, data traced, tested lots and instituted strict social distancing. The numbers speak for themselves
Sweden no lock down, Belgium severe lockdown

Comparing nations is flawed
0 x

Towie

Post by Towie » Sat May 23, 2020 10:55 pm

Ironworksfc wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:25 pm
Towie wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:27 pm

Ffs, you are one cold man.

If your wife decides she is too scared using your language, but you a selfish guy go out bring home the virus through contracting it from other like minded individuals.
She turns out to be highly vulnerable?

You’re ok with that are you?

There is only an “all in” or “all out” here, no other halfway house scenarios.
If being a realist makes me a cold man, I'm comfortable with that label.

When it comes to my wife, we are a team and I would never do anything to undermine that. Fortunately she also hasn't fallen into mass histeria.

Interestingly my eldest daughter aged 10 was randomly selected for a special testing group of 100,000 people in the UK, we should get the results soon and find out if she has had covid-19 or currently has the virus. I'm hoping the test is positive to add weight to the argument of getting back to life as normal ASAP.
Where is the bang your head against a wall emoji?
1 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc » Sat May 23, 2020 10:56 pm

Towie wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:55 pm
Ironworksfc wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:25 pm

If being a realist makes me a cold man, I'm comfortable with that label.

When it comes to my wife, we are a team and I would never do anything to undermine that. Fortunately she also hasn't fallen into mass histeria.

Interestingly my eldest daughter aged 10 was randomly selected for a special testing group of 100,000 people in the UK, we should get the results soon and find out if she has had covid-19 or currently has the virus. I'm hoping the test is positive to add weight to the argument of getting back to life as normal ASAP.
Look for it up your arse
0 x

Towie

Post by Towie » Sat May 23, 2020 11:00 pm

Ironworksfc wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:56 pm
Towie wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:55 pm

Look for it up your arse
Sheepies? up arses?

Now I am beginning to Understand why you want lockdown lifted.
Your Welsh!
1 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc » Sat May 23, 2020 11:04 pm

Towie wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:00 pm
Ironworksfc wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:56 pm

Look for it up your arse
Sheepies? up arses?

Now I am beginning to Understand why you want lockdown lifted.
Your Welsh!
You're

I give up, really done

Lockdown is great, saving lives, stay at home

Blah fucking blah

I might even consider clapping next Thursday
0 x

hd1

Post by hd1 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:41 pm

The reason for lockdown is quite a simple one, which strangely many don't seem to get.

This virus will spread rapidly if allowed. If we allow it to spread rapidly unchecked then our hospitals would become overun and resources stretched to the limit. If we do not have enough intensive care beds and ventilators then more people would die due to the lack of resources. The more pressure the hospitals are under, the higher the risk to doctors and nurses and support staff which in turn puts patients at risk.

By limiting the spread, a similar number of people will still get it, but we allow the hospitals to be able to cope, treat everyone who needs it and save lives.

Lockdown is causing untold damage to the economy, but in time it will recover because it is fundamentally strong. People can't un-die.
6 x

Social Media