English Football suspended

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: English Football suspended

Post by h69 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:28 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:20 pm
h69 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:22 pm

Exactly. Scrap the season as is and there will be years of legal wrangling. Its a mess for sure and they expect the virus to peak in June so there is no feasible way to finish the season really regardless of what the Leeds Chairman has been demanding.
I actually believe there is a way tbh, although it will never be implemented in a million years. It now appears, according to the scientific experts, the virus is far more likely to be transmitted in an enclosed area rather than in the fresh air. It is also clear the people who need to be self isolating or whatever you want to call it are the elderly and those with existing health issues. Or putting it another way the economically inactive. Those who are already likely not to be mixing with others in the workplace.

Sport, per se, is relatively unimportant in it's own right, but it is a massive element of the UK economy which was in a pretty shitty state prior to this outbreak and is now being brought to it's knees, at least imo, by what I personally still regard as an over reaction by curtailing the activities of the majority of the population in order to safeguard those who are most at risk and who, by sensible self discipline, can protect themselves by avoiding most forms of social contact with the rest of us.

For the life of me I simply cannot understand why the government does not allow the thing to take it's course, let those of us who are going to catch it and recover do so and thereby build up our resistance to it. The government and the media are both imo equally culpable in creating the air of panic we are now seeing. Why, for example, have we not seen figures of people who have had the disease and are now back to full working order ? Just let's have a bit of balance FFS.
That is kind of what they are doing and why they wont shut down the schools at present....Herd Immunity is the order of the day so that it does not come back and be so virulent in 2021......and then know nothings like Wayne Rooney and Ogbonna are bitching that the govt didnt shut down Sport (which they didnt to be fair)..

Actually I think the govt are doing the right thing that is basically listening to the scientists but it was the PL that shut down football because their players and managers were getting the virus not the govt and it is the critics of the govt that want the lockdown.

Seems left wing countries are under martial law and the more right wing countries are trying to let people make their own decisions. Interesting dynamic.
0 x

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:24 pm

Theres a couple of mad scientists, aka pinky and the brain, sitting in a lab somewhere feeling a bit sorry for themselves after celebrating the success of the virus but now realising they fucked up the 2019/2020 English Premier League. Bastards.
0 x
Fuck whisky, I'm forever blowing bubbles

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:43 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
h69 wrote:

Exactly. Scrap the season as is and there will be years of legal wrangling. Its a mess for sure and they expect the virus to peak in June so there is no feasible way to finish the season really regardless of what the Leeds Chairman has been demanding.
I actually believe there is a way tbh, although it will never be implemented in a million years. It now appears, according to the scientific experts, the virus is far more likely to be transmitted in an enclosed area rather than in the fresh air. It is also clear the people who need to be self isolating or whatever you want to call it are the elderly and those with existing health issues. Or putting it another way the economically inactive. Those who are already likely not to be mixing with others in the workplace.

Sport, per se, is relatively unimportant in it's own right, but it is a massive element of the UK economy which was in a pretty shitty state prior to this outbreak and is now being brought to it's knees, at least imo, by what I personally still regard as an over reaction by curtailing the activities of the majority of the population in order to safeguard those who are most at risk and who, by sensible self discipline, can protect themselves by avoiding most forms of social contact with the rest of us.

For the life of me I simply cannot understand why the government does not allow the thing to take it's course, let those of us who are going to catch it and recover do so and thereby build up our resistance to it. The government and the media are both imo equally culpable in creating the air of panic we are now seeing. Why, for example, have we not seen figures of people who have had the disease and are now back to full working order ? Just let's have a bit of balance FFS.
As of writing this: source https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Total cases 179,829
Deaths: 7071
Recovered: 78,292
Active cases: 94,466

As the panic amplifies (which it will/has) we can imagine a total UK shutdown and us being a wholly reliant service economy.

What government are most worried about, is civil unrest and anarchy. And when you have millions of people with no dough and no legal means to acquire it...then brother you better watch your stuff
0 x

Handcart2Hell

Post by Handcart2Hell » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:10 pm

h69 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:28 pm
Whiskyman wrote:

That is kind of what they are doing and why they wont shut down the schools at present....Herd Immunity is the order of the day so that it does not come back and be so virulent in 2021......and then know nothings like Wayne Rooney and Ogbonna are bitching that the govt didnt shut down Sport (which they didnt to be fair)..

Actually I think the govt are doing the right thing that is basically listening to the scientists but it was the PL that shut down football because their players and managers were getting the virus not the govt and it is the critics of the govt that want the lockdown.

Seems left wing countries are under martial law and the more right wing countries are trying to let people make their own decisions. Interesting dynamic.
Looks like the People's Republic of New York, along with the New Jersey Soviet and the Connecticut Communist State have decided to enforce a lock down as well.
0 x
'Not to win is guttering.'
- Mark Noble

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:22 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:43 pm
Whiskyman wrote:

Total cases 179,829

As the panic amplifies (which it will/has) we can imagine a total UK shutdown and us being a wholly reliant service economy.

What government are most worried about, is civil unrest and anarchy. And when you have millions of people with no dough and no legal means to acquire it...then brother you better watch your stuff
They are interesting figures. And should be stuffed up the fat, cossetted, publicly funded backside of the fucking BBC.

7.139 deaths. In the World. Which is a fucking big place, with a lot of people in it. Puts some perspective into the current hysterical panic gripping the civilised world. I bet the figure showing that over 78,000 of those infected have already recovered isn't headline news on the BBC website tonight.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:34 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:22 pm
BlackDiamond wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:43 pm

Total cases 179,829

They are interesting figures. And should be stuffed up the fat, cossetted, publicly funded backside of the fucking BBC.

7.139 deaths. In the World. Which is a fucking big place, with a lot of people in it. Puts some perspective into the current hysterical panic gripping the civilised world. I bet the figure showing that over 78,000 of those infected have already recovered isn't headline news on the BBC website tonight.
The current belief is that total shutdown - coming to you very soon - is the only way to slow the epidemic. Modelling suggests deaths will be in the tens of thousands.

Without a total shutdown, deaths are presumed in the hundreds of thousands. Quarter of million. Problem there is no exit strategy from this. The so called "herd immunity" is not developed.

So you have to exist - like that - until a vaccine is developed. The current estimate is 18 months...watch the world go mad
0 x

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:41 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:34 pm
Whiskyman wrote:

The current belief is that total shutdown - coming to you very soon - is the only way to slow the epidemic. Modelling suggests deaths will be in the tens of thousands.

Without a total shutdown, deaths are presumed in the hundreds of thousands. Quarter of million. Problem there is no exit strategy from this. The so called "herd immunity" is not developed.

So you have to exist - like that - until a vaccine is developed. The current estimate is 18 months...watch the world go mad
That’s all very well but will the Bindippers be given the title ?
0 x

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:55 pm

Been told this evening that I have to work from home and I work in the task transport industry. Not looking good going forward
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:38 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:34 pm
Whiskyman wrote:

I'm no scientist but even "hundreds of thousands" of deaths are a piss in the ocean compared to the world's population. And how many of those deaths (elderly and pre existing medical conditions remember) would have happened anyway ? And how can the so called "herd immunity" develop if we persist in our obsession with stopping exposure of healthy individuals to the virus, thus enabling our collective immune systems to develop the so called "herd immunity".

And I will reiterate my point. Why is it only the figure of deaths, and remember in the UK under normal conditions someone dies every minute of every day in every year, and not the number of people returning to good health after a period of illness, that is being trumpeted by the hysterical media coverage.

We really have become a milky load of saps, haven't we?
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Baddowhammer

Post by Baddowhammer » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:53 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
h69 wrote:

goodpost:)
0 x

Social Media