So I was correct again

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: So I was correct again

Post by ToneLoc » Mon May 11, 2020 12:11 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:16 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 10:55 am

Tone, hasn't it occurred to you they might be concerned about their integrity ? ;)
I do wonder how the players would react if they said the Clubs will not pay them till they come back?
Some of them somewhat “differently” would be my best guess Tel.
The notion that P.L clubs have continued paying their players full money being an added incentive for them NOT to come back and play is... well.... ironic at the very least !!
0 x
Jurgen Klopp’s teeth are giving me a migraine

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Mon May 11, 2020 3:33 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:11 pm
terrya1965 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:16 am

I do wonder how the players would react if they said the Clubs will not pay them till they come back?
The notion that P.L clubs have continued paying their players full money being an added incentive for them NOT to come back and play is... well.... ironic at the very least !!
I do think the players have to take some responsibility here if they are not going to play.It`s just not feasible in the current plight.

I think if a player dosen't want to play until a vaccine is found,then they shouldn`t be paid.If they want to put their families first,I am sure they will survive.
0 x

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Mon May 11, 2020 3:37 pm

BAME players will demand extra protection in the current crisis.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon May 11, 2020 4:10 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 3:33 pm
ToneLoc wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:11 pm

I do think the players have to take some responsibility here if they are not going to play.It`s just not feasible in the current plight.

I think if a player dosen't want to play until a vaccine is found,then they shouldn`t be paid.If they want to put their families first,I am sure they will survive.
I'm not too sure about that tbh. What's so special about football and footballers ? Staff in supermarkets are asked to work. So are postmen, dustmen, bus & train drivers, NHS staff, police and countless others.

Personally I don't really see the point in playing football in empty stadia, but if the authorities vote to do it I don't think footballers can plead that they are any more deserving of special status than the thousands of other people who have, in many cases, worked right through the lockdown.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Mon May 11, 2020 4:22 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 4:10 pm
terrya1965 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 3:33 pm

I'm not too sure about that tbh. What's so special about football and footballers ? Staff in supermarkets are asked to work. So are postmen, dustmen, bus & train drivers, NHS staff, police and countless others.

Personally I don't really see the point in playing football in empty stadia, but if the authorities vote to do it I don't think footballers can plead that they are any more deserving of special status than the thousands of other people who have, in many cases, worked right through the lockdown.
At least you are giving them the choice

It`s not like they aren`t going to survive on PL wages they have already been paid,is it?Add the rest of their activities and they should have no problem at all.
0 x

Haribo

Post by Haribo » Mon May 11, 2020 6:35 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 4:22 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 4:10 pm

It`s not like they aren`t going to survive on PL wages they have already been paid,is it?Add the rest of their activities and they should have no problem at all.
In principle I would be against not paying someone for refusing to play football when it could be life threatening to them or their family, it's not like they are refusing to try and save lives like an NHS worker for instance. But the problem is the amount that they get and then what they do with it bearing in mind they're lucky to get half of it after deductions and then how much they are giving away to support others which could well be relevant atm.
0 x

Post by 9898 » Mon May 11, 2020 10:42 pm

Haribo wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:35 pm
terrya1965 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 4:22 pm

In principle I would be against not paying someone for refusing to play football when it could be life threatening to them or their family, it's not like they are refusing to try and save lives like an NHS worker for instance. But the problem is the amount that they get and then what they do with it bearing in mind they're lucky to get half of it after deductions and then how much they are giving away to support others which could well be relevant atm.
Shut up you sop.
We've all seen through you.
You've been BUSTED.

Report that back to Brady mutherfucka.
0 x
Heard about the wife in Australia who slept with less that 40 blokes? No one has, they are still searching for her.

Post by 9898 » Mon May 11, 2020 10:50 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:32 pm
9898 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 1:53 pm

Terry, I'm getting a little bit annoyed with you. I think you're purposely not thinking about the subject.
If you have ever dealt with mega rich people, you will know that their value of the pound is far greater than the bloke living on a council estate (oziron).
They would not purchase Newcastle if they thought it was a depreciating asset.
End of thread, and your respectability if you persist in disagreeing with plain, simple facts.
I think you are talking crap on this subject,so are questioning why?

You,has well has me,know Newcastle with their fan base will be an asset.If they got successful,they could easy get 80,000 at Home games,They are an asset,but I don`t think the Arabs are looking on how much money they are going to make.
It`s very similar situation at City.They are in it to put Newcastle on the map of the World,by winning trophies.That`s why they are buying Newcastle,not to make money..Finances isn't a worry to them.You seem to think it is?
In comparison let`s look how the Yanks work in the PL.The Glaziers mortgaged Man Utd to buy them and Kroenke brought Arsenal to fund his other business's.They use their football clubs to make money for themselves,where the Arabs don't.

Back to the original subject..Do you think Football Clubs are going to be worth more..About the same..Or less than before the pandemic?
All the Financial Experts are saying a lot less

The way your mind works,I reckon,you are going to say more. :lol:
:lol: :lol: Experts!! The same experts who said there would never be a £50k per week footballer? The same experts who didn't see the financial crash? The same experts that said Facebook would never turn a profit? The same financial experts that said the OS move would make West ham a top 4 club? Behave yourself.
0 x
Heard about the wife in Australia who slept with less that 40 blokes? No one has, they are still searching for her.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Mon May 11, 2020 11:31 pm

9898 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 10:50 pm
terrya1965 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:32 pm

I think you are talking crap on this subject,so are questioning why?

You,has well has me,know Newcastle with their fan base will be an asset.If they got successful,they could easy get 80,000 at Home games,They are an asset,but I don`t think the Arabs are looking on how much money they are going to make.
It`s very similar situation at City.They are in it to put Newcastle on the map of the World,by winning trophies.That`s why they are buying Newcastle,not to make money..Finances isn't a worry to them.You seem to think it is?
In comparison let`s look how the Yanks work in the PL.The Glaziers mortgaged Man Utd to buy them and Kroenke brought Arsenal to fund his other business's.They use their football clubs to make money for themselves,where the Arabs don't.

Back to the original subject..Do you think Football Clubs are going to be worth more..About the same..Or less than before the pandemic?
All the Financial Experts are saying a lot less

The way your mind works,I reckon,you are going to say more. :lol:
:lol: :lol: Experts!! The same experts who said there would never be a £50k per week footballer? The same experts who didn't see the financial crash? The same experts that said Facebook would never turn a profit? The same financial experts that said the OS move would make West ham a top 4 club? Behave yourself.
How long have you been thinking about a nonsense reply like thIs?

24 HOURS TO MAKE UP THIS UTTER CRAP UP.

I thought you were better than that numbers.

You so disappoint me :(

I will give you another 24 hours to see if you can come up with better.Shall look forward to it.

Till then..Toodle pip.
0 x

Haribo

Post by Haribo » Tue May 12, 2020 12:11 am

9898 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 10:42 pm
Haribo wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:35 pm

Shut up you sop.
We've all seen through you.
You've been BUSTED.

Report that back to Brady mutherfucka.
Ok, you win, I understood the terms for posting include abuse isn't allowed - I don't swear at or abuse anybody and I don't intend to waste my time reading those sort of comments you'll be happy to know you won't be hearing from me again..
0 x

Social Media