10th May 2016

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: 10th May 2016

Post by h69 » Mon May 18, 2020 4:42 pm

tassiehammer wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:10 am
Maths was never my strong point but as one who never wanted to move am I the 1%? Or is there more of a per centage alongside me? And as my brother keeps telling me when I fill him in with details from on here about protest marches, why didn't we protest to stop the move?
Reap what you sow.
You are the 1% if there was only 100 people mate.
1 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon May 18, 2020 5:07 pm

I was sadly for the move as UP had become a shit-hole even if it was OUR shit-hole.

But as others have said, we were sold a pup.

We did need the extra capacity to raise the income and get world-class players.

How else do you think the likes of Carlos Sanchez and Roberto would arrive ?
2 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Mon May 18, 2020 5:10 pm

Never mind the Bollocks - Here's the Video

0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Mon May 18, 2020 8:37 pm

Wish everyone would get over it
2 x
Bring back Jonathon !

hd1

Post by hd1 » Mon May 18, 2020 11:35 pm

palerider wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 5:07 pm
I was sadly for the move as UP had become a shit-hole even if it was OUR shit-hole.
Sums it up for me. There was very little of the old East end left in the area and it stopped feeling like home to me after we built the Rio. And I don't miss wading through the piss in the Wakefield or the fugg of smoke in the toilets in the ground.

I like the LS, it could be better and it could be a lot worse, but overall I have no issue with it. The overall matchday experience is starting to get better, with pre-match beer and food locations improving and so long as you don't leave 5 minutes early getting away is relatively easy.

But more than anything, it's where I go with my mates who I've been going with for donkeys years and because of the greater number of seats we can get to see each other much more often. It's about the atmosphere we can create on London derby night, and the crack with your mates.
0 x

Post by 9898 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:26 am

hd1 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:35 pm
palerider wrote:
Sums it up for me. There was very little of the old East end left in the area and it stopped feeling like home to me after we built the Rio. And I don't miss wading through the piss in the Wakefield or the fugg of smoke in the toilets in the ground.

I like the LS, it could be better and it could be a lot worse, but overall I have no issue with it. The overall matchday experience is starting to get better, with pre-match beer and food locations improving and so long as you don't leave 5 minutes early getting away is relatively easy.

But more than anything, it's where I go with my mates who I've been going with for donkeys years and because of the greater number of seats we can get to see each other much more often. It's about the atmosphere we can create on London derby night, and the crack with your mates.
Supporters like this get what they deserve from the club, shafted.

There was very little of the old East end left in the area and it stopped feeling like home to me after we built the Rio.
Fair point. I remember turning up in the new West Stand and taking my seat to be a mile from the pitch, but, we now have a whole stadium that doesn't feel like West ham. Lucky, aren't we?

fugg of smoke in the toilets in the ground.
Crazy idea, we could have spent a few quid to refurb them. Are you lacking in brain cells to not realise the owners ran the place down to a shit hole the moment they arrived to make blind fools feel lucky that they were getting a new 'home'?

The overall matchday experience is starting to get better, with pre-match beer and food locations improving
Jesus Christ. There is no soul to any of then drinking places. No Black Lion with history. This poster must like the new build houses in Milton Keynes because they are painted nicely and the lamp posts are new.

It's about the atmosphere we can create on London derby night
There isn't any. It is the strangest feeling in the world. A part of the goundn start to sing and it feels like they are in another stadium outside the ground, It's eerie as it sounds so distant.
0 x
Heard about the wife in Australia who slept with less that 40 blokes? No one has, they are still searching for her.

hd1

Post by hd1 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:39 am

Ah, the usual trashy insults from someone trying to get a rise. Jog on, your opinion on mine is of no consequence to me whatsoever :lol:
2 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue May 19, 2020 8:54 am

palerider wrote:

But as others have said, we were sold a pup.

We did need the extra capacity to raise the income and get world-class players.

How else do you think the likes of Carlos Sanchez and Roberto would arrive ?
I too was in favour of the move, and basically still am. Why ? Because imo the pup we were sold wasn't so much the principle of the move itself but the all singing all dancing retractables etc which were promised by the dribbly one. As you say Upton Park, the area, had become over the years a total shithole and, as I've banged on about many times before, we should have left the place when we had the chance of moving to Becton in the 80's.

That would have saved the absolute fortune we spent on upgrading the old ground which ultimately resulted in many of the financial problems we suffered even before the banking crisis. And what's more Upton Park was never the fucking fortress some people claim it was. Those of us who have sat, or stood, through season after season of unmitigated dross, apart from occasional moments of magic like 85/86, will confirm that shit, uninspiring and losing football didn't start when we moved to Stratford.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Post by 9898 » Tue May 19, 2020 9:02 am

hd1 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:39 am
Ah, the usual trashy insults from someone trying to get a rise. Jog on, your opinion on mine is of no consequence to me whatsoever :lol:
There's not one insult in there mate.
Verified facts explained in simple terms.
0 x
Heard about the wife in Australia who slept with less that 40 blokes? No one has, they are still searching for her.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer » Tue May 19, 2020 10:11 am

Went to 2 games at the new gaff before the shutdown. Got given a ST up behind the goal nearer Westfield. You could hear the scousers singing from the other end but you couldn't hear our mob properly at our end. Atmosphere was terrible. Transport was brilliant but had to walk
along the sewer bank ( greenway, having a laugh but nice try Newham council ) to West Ham station. Its our home now so lets get on with it. Lets have a proper protest march when the 90 odd year lease is up . Who's coming with me? :)
0 x
Fuck whisky, I'm forever blowing bubbles

Social Media