10th May 2016

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: 10th May 2016

Post by Whiskyman » Tue May 19, 2020 10:53 am

tassiehammer wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:11 am
Went to 2 games at the new gaff before the shutdown. Got given a ST up behind the goal nearer Westfield. You could hear the scousers singing from the other end but you couldn't hear our mob properly at our end. Atmosphere was terrible. Transport was brilliant but had to walk
along the sewer bank ( greenway, having a laugh but nice try Newham council ) to West Ham station. Its our home now so lets get on with it. Lets have a proper protest march when the 90 odd year lease is up . Who's coming with me? :)
From what you're saying the atmosphere doesn't seem to be a problem. If you could hear singing scousers from the other end of the stadium but not our fans I don't see how that can be blamed on the stadium tbh.

Maybe if we had a decent anthem----- ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

JayK

Post by JayK » Tue May 19, 2020 12:47 pm

9898 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:26 am
hd1 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:35 pm

Sums it up for me. There was very little of the old East end left in the area and it stopped feeling like home to me after we built the Rio. And I don't miss wading through the piss in the Wakefield or the fugg of smoke in the toilets in the ground.

I like the LS, it could be better and it could be a lot worse, but overall I have no issue with it. The overall matchday experience is starting to get better, with pre-match beer and food locations improving and so long as you don't leave 5 minutes early getting away is relatively easy.

But more than anything, it's where I go with my mates who I've been going with for donkeys years and because of the greater number of seats we can get to see each other much more often. It's about the atmosphere we can create on London derby night, and the crack with your mates.
It's about the atmosphere we can create on London derby night
There isn't any. It is the strangest feeling in the world. A part of the goundn start to sing and it feels like they are in another stadium outside the ground, It's eerie as it sounds so distant.
Atmosphere has been awesome when I went to watch us against spuds and Chelsea. Also atmosphere was crap at Upton Park on many occasions. I don’t blame the stadium for the atmosphere or lack of.
1 x
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue May 19, 2020 1:07 pm

JayK wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:47 pm
9898 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:26 am

It's about the atmosphere we can create on London derby night
There isn't any. It is the strangest feeling in the world. A part of the goundn start to sing and it feels like they are in another stadium outside the ground, It's eerie as it sounds so distant.
Atmosphere has been awesome when I went to watch us against spuds and Chelsea. Also atmosphere was crap at Upton Park on many occasions. I don’t blame the stadium for the atmosphere or lack of.
I've been twice this season.

Against Palace and against West Brom in the cup. Both times there was no atmosphere. Not surprised for the cup game but if we'd have beaten Palace we'd have gone up to 4th !

Sure it was a shit game and a draw would have been a fair result but as soon as Rice had a brain fade after we'd scored it was like a fucking morgue.

I did travel up as you know Jay for the Greenway stroll, but didn't go to the match, and I'm told the atmosphere was excellent for that one.

C'est la vie.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Tue May 19, 2020 1:20 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:53 am
1 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue May 19, 2020 1:25 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:20 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:53 am
Tunes much better. And it sounds more upbeat. But the words ffs, oh, the fucking words. :x
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

JayK

Post by JayK » Tue May 19, 2020 2:46 pm

palerider wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:07 pm
JayK wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:47 pm

Against Palace and against West Brom in the cup. Both times there was no atmosphere. Not surprised for the cup game but if we'd have beaten Palace we'd have gone up to 4th !

Sure it was a shit game and a draw would have been a fair result but as soon as Rice had a brain fade after we'd scored it was like a fucking morgue.

I did travel up as you know Jay for the Greenway stroll, but didn't go to the match, and I'm told the atmosphere was excellent for that one.

C'est la vie.
Yeah I’ve experienced plenty of crap atmospheres at both stadiums. I didn’t go to the one after the march either. Only one I went to this season was when we got the usual turning over by city. Can’t see me going again either (not coz of the city result). Fair play for travelling all that way to then not go to the game.
0 x
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue May 19, 2020 2:57 pm

JayK wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:46 pm
palerider wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:07 pm

C'est la vie.
Yeah I’ve experienced plenty of crap atmospheres at both stadiums. I didn’t go to the one after the march either. Only one I went to this season was when we got the usual turning over by city. Can’t see me going again either (not coz of the city result). Fair play for travelling all that way to then not go to the game.
Tbf I did kill two birds with one stone mate. My daughter lives in Egham and needed some heavy lifting done so I dropped the boy off with her while I went on the march.
0 x

JayK

Post by JayK » Tue May 19, 2020 3:18 pm

palerider wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:57 pm
JayK wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:46 pm

Tbf I did kill two birds with one stone mate. My daughter lives in Egham and needed some heavy lifting done so I dropped the boy off with her while I went on the march.
Ha ha, I was reading that and thinking good lad. Until I got to the point where you said you dropped the boy off. Still, well done and good work. Supported your daughter without actually having to do anything 😂
0 x
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK » Tue May 19, 2020 3:18 pm

JayK wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:18 pm
palerider wrote:

Ha ha, I was reading that and thinking good lad. Until I got to the point where you said you dropped the boy off. Still, well done and good work. Supported your daughter without actually having to do anything 😂
Oo, I done a normal emoji outta habit and it worked. Never used to 🤷🏻‍♂️
0 x
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue May 19, 2020 3:19 pm

JayK wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:18 pm
palerider wrote:

He's 6 foot 2 and 18 Jay.

I'm not 6 foot 2 and 108.
0 x

Social Media