Premier League Meeting

Chat about anything football related here!
Flairon

Premier League Meeting

Post by Flairon » Mon May 11, 2020 3:52 am

As I understand it the PL clubs meet tomorrow to further discuss how best to move forward. If reports are to be believed West Ham are set to vote for the season to be called null and void.

This would seem in part because a player at Brighton has now tested positive. This is in addition to players in Germany, Italy and Portugal.

According to the following article a Nurse by the name of Jeff in New York claims to be a West Ham fan and allegedly claims Covid-19 is overblown.

To be honest, I have a problem accepting the veracity of that statement for 2 reasons. Firstly New York is the epicenter of the virus in the States with over 21,000 deaths alone. Secondly I know 3 people in the medical field in New York, 2 of whom contracted Covid-19. I know for a fact that none of them are calling ir overblown in any way, shape or form.

https://www.claretandhugh.info/hammers- ... -outburst/
0 x
Flairon

palerider

Re: Premier League Meeting

Post by palerider » Mon May 11, 2020 5:34 am

Flairon wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 3:52 am
As I understand it the PL clubs meet tomorrow to further discuss how best to move forward. If reports are to be believed West Ham are set to vote for the season to be called null and void.

This would seem in part because a player at Brighton has now tested positive. This is in addition to players in Germany, Italy and Portugal.

According to the following article a Nurse by the name of Jeff in New York claims to be a West Ham fan and allegedly claims Covid-19 is overblown.

To be honest, I have a problem accepting the veracity of that statement for 2 reasons. Firstly New York is the epicenter of the virus in the States with over 21,000 deaths alone. Secondly I know 3 people in the medical field in New York, 2 of whom contracted Covid-19. I know for a fact that none of them are calling ir overblown in any way, shape or form.

Who knows.

But following yesterday's message from Boris, it's hard to see the PL being able to give UEFA a definitive plan by the May 25th deadline.

As I've said, I'm convinced the league will restart. The only way it won't is for Boris to say so but he hasn't got the balls. He's waiting for the PL to decide themselves. And they haven't got the balls.

But it won't start in time not to affect the start of next season massively.

Of course every club has it's own agenda. You wouldn't expect otherwise. I just wish there'd be some honesty by saying it was always about the money, and hiding behind the integrity phrase.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

garnett

Post by garnett » Mon May 11, 2020 9:20 am

We may well see a change of posture from the TV companies if players refuse to sign the waver, clubs should have done their homework on who would or would not sign, fucked if I would in their position.
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Mon May 11, 2020 9:43 am

Where are the players in all this?

If the majority of players say no,(and I think there will be many),it will be interesting to see what happens?
After all,they will be the one`s taking the higher risks,not the tossers sitting at home on Zoom of Club Chairmen,TV Companies and the PL.
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Mon May 11, 2020 10:19 am

Flairon wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 3:52 am

Actually get what he is saying...if you were a visitor from another world looking in,you'd prob
be WTFing....why have they gone into meltdown over this...there's maybe 20/30 things that kill
more people every year....they lose 1.5 million in road traffic accidents,but they still drive...
9 million basically starve to death every year...why don't they chuck em some of the millions of tons
of food they throw away every year..
Flu kills up to 500,000...
Malaria gets 1to3 Million..60% are under 5,it goes on and on

it's way way way down the list of why people die..

But the Prob is..is it's the unknown with this thing...it's new,so we have to do what we're doing till we
get a handle on it...it's an infection that can be physically passed on...if we let it carry on
unstopped...20/30 years time or what ever....thats it...we're all done..
Thing is the Guys a Nurse...so maybe should get that more than most..

Footie...Should only start when we have a 100% grip on this,or as close to it as we can get..
If there's still people dying every day thru it's causes then NO WAY should we start...
apart from anything else ..it's disrespectful..
Lets look at at maybe Sept/Oct Finish it of behind closed doors...not Neutral venues,with proper
conclusions...
Start next season say January..
If it still has a hold of us then....just scrap it..and forget football till we're rid of it..
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Mon May 11, 2020 10:32 am

There’s no way football’s starting anytime soon. So much in their plans is based on assumptions of which there’s been no answers or decisions made or even on the horizon.

To add to this neither government nor P.L wants to accept the mantle of responsibility for any negative consequences.
It’s a teflon-fest, it’s clandestine meetings with a whispering agenda where no one individual wants to put their name against anything.
Until at least one person involved in this whole affair is willing to slap their bollocks on the chopping block then this saga will continue as it has done so for the last 6 weeks.
0 x
Jurgen Klopp’s teeth are giving me a migraine

Macca666

Post by Macca666 » Mon May 11, 2020 10:43 am

Apparently the favoured method of sorting the final league table out should the restart plan fail sees West Ham get shafted, wouldn’t surprise me one bit if this happens pretty sure more clubs would vote to save Bournemouth rather than us. Whatever happens the courts are going to be busy.
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Mon May 11, 2020 10:53 am

Macca666 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 10:43 am
if this happens pretty sure more clubs would vote to save Bournemouth rather than us. Whatever happens the courts are going to be busy.
And that , my friend , is my prediction as to what will happen , to ensure the Victims get their league title and Sky get what they want.

In fact we are slowly taking over that Victims mantle or at least we seem to be .

We are not an unlucky club but we are a very unpopular club.

The Blunts and then Pinky and Perky have seen to that .
1 x
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon May 11, 2020 11:05 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 9:43 am
Where are the players in all this?

If the majority of players say no,(and I think there will be many),it will be interesting to see what happens?
After all,they will be the one`s taking the higher risks,not the tossers sitting at home on Zoom of Club Chairmen,TV Companies and the PL.
The dwarf's bosom buddy, Barry Silkman, was on Talk Sport this morning and, believe it or not he made a very good point. He said that players who are out of contract at the end of June will probably be split as to whether they would sign contract extensions beyond June 30th or not. He reckons the ones who have already made an agreement to join a new club will say "bollocks" becxause they wouldn't want to risk injury, whereas those without offers on the table would see it as an oppoerunity to put themselves in the shop window.

Always assuming the shop's open of course.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Macca666

Post by Macca666 » Mon May 11, 2020 11:08 am

The one thing I don’t understand is that currently the talk is two clubs promoted in Leeds and West Brom but 3 get relegated, who’s the 3rd team getting promoted?
0 x

Social Media