Season Ticket Refund Update Request.

Chat about anything football related here!
prince of wales

Season Ticket Refund Update Request.

Post by prince of wales » Thu May 14, 2020 10:00 am

Good Morning all.

HAMMERS UNITED SEASON TICKET UPDATE REQUEST.

A number of members have contacted us asking when they will receive refund from West Ham for the unused matches on their season tickets.This is further to some Premier League clubs beginning the refund process.

Other members have contacted us asking to chase refunds for the away matches at Tottenham and Newcastle and for tickets purchased for individual home matches.There are claims by some that they have been informed by the club that refunds will be made in the form of Club Cash to be used in the club shop or set against next season’s season tickets.

We can confirm that we have written to West Ham seeking clarification and requesting that they make a formal statement as a matter of urgency.

Thank You.

Hammers United Committee.
www.hammersunited.com
0 x

ToneLoc

Re: Season Ticket Update Request.

Post by ToneLoc » Thu May 14, 2020 12:35 pm

Tim?
I feel a merge coming on.... ;)

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12464

Also, Geo has done a vid :)
0 x
Jurgen Klopp’s teeth are giving me a migraine

h69

Post by h69 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:09 pm

I would think that for legal reasons, refunds will be given once there is official confirmation from the PL as to what they are actually going to do in the future which has not been announced either yet.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu May 14, 2020 6:05 pm

h69 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:09 pm
I would think that for legal reasons, refunds will be given once there is official confirmation from the PL as to what they are actually going to do in the future which has not been announced either yet.
It seems at the moment fairly obvious that next season, whenever it actually happens, will at least start without spectators. So it would seem to make sense not to sell STs at the moment. I guess the reasons for not having refunded money at present is , and not just at West Ham, because of financial restraints and the possibility of the PL having to refund shedloads of TV money, clubs are holding on to their cash as long as humanly possible.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

h69

Post by h69 » Thu May 14, 2020 6:13 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:05 pm
h69 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:09 pm
It seems at the moment fairly obvious that next season, whenever it actually happens, will at least start without spectators. So it would seem to make sense not to sell STs at the moment. I guess the reasons for not having refunded money at present is , and not just at West Ham, because of financial restraints and the possibility of the PL having to refund shedloads of TV money, clubs are holding on to their cash as long as humanly possible.
Obvious yes but the sensible time to refund the money is when the PL legally make a decision on the way forward. I agree about the not selling STs though. I do't think we have started doing that and most clubs are the same. There are a few such as Newcastle, Man United and Luton Town I believe that have continued to sell STs
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu May 14, 2020 6:20 pm

h69 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:13 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:05 pm

Obvious yes but the sensible time to refund the money is when the PL legally make a decision on the way forward. I agree about the not selling STs though. I do't think we have started doing that and most clubs are the same. There are a few such as Newcastle, Man United and Luton Town I believe that have continued to sell STs
Which suggests that people who live in Newcastle, Luton and much of Essex are probably more gullible than the rest of us if they;re actually paying for the fucking things. Seriously, we know now that this season, not to mention the start of next, will , if it's played at all, be behind closed doors. So there is no reason why refunds should not be made now as it is apparent games which have been paid for will not be available to watch.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

h69

Post by h69 » Thu May 14, 2020 8:41 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:20 pm
h69 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:13 pm

Which suggests that people who live in Newcastle, Luton and much of Essex are probably more gullible than the rest of us if they;re actually paying for the fucking things. Seriously, we know now that this season, not to mention the start of next, will , if it's played at all, be behind closed doors. So there is no reason why refunds should not be made now as it is apparent games which have been paid for will not be available to watch.
They wont refund the money yet because they have to have something official from the Premier league. There is every reason as some have a force majeure insurance clause meaning they can claim some of that lost money back from their insurers...They cant claim on players wages but they can on against some of their outside contracts and they can claim some money for gate receipts. In West Ham and a few others I believe it is not the whole amount but there is some money that can be retrieved. Every little will help these clubs. They would not be liable for any money they were to take after the lockdown started which is why certain clubs have suspended the sales and others have not.

I do agree that as a supporter, it makes no sense to renew or buy a new ST as I would be surprised if we were not kept away until Sept 2021.
I would not be surprised if the clubs offer a pay per view service instead for the remaining games with ST holders getting this free and called off against some of the remaining fee (not all of it and it would be optional). It is not watertight but we were looking to do so for the Wolves game until it was cancelled outright. I know that Villa, Chelski, Spuds and Sheff Utd have looked into that as well.

The biggest issue at present is the players. Being asked to train in a high cardio sport with a mask on in warmer weather, being asked to tackle but look away is crazy and fuck knows how they sort out corners.

Strange times but I've written off sport in general until next year now. I have more important things to do like drinking beer and learning to play the guitar properly finally.....pref not in that order :lol:
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Thu May 14, 2020 9:01 pm

Wot no merge?
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Thu May 14, 2020 9:04 pm

h69 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 8:41 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:20 pm

Strange times but I've written off sport in general until next year now. I have more important things to do like drinking beer and learning to play the guitar properly finally.....pref not in that order :lol:\\
I'm with you all the way up to the drinking beer bit.
This geezer's learning the guitar too.....
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Fri May 15, 2020 12:14 am

ToneLoc wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 9:04 pm
h69 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 8:41 pm

Strange times but I've written off sport in general until next year now. I have more important things to do like drinking beer and learning to play the guitar properly finally.....pref not in that order :lol:\\
I'm with you all the way up to the drinking beer bit.
This geezer's learning the guitar too.....
I enjoyed that,one observation - now,this might just be me...but...does that guitar sound like,it's tuned correctly...
0 x

Social Media