Season Ticket Refund Update Request.

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Season Ticket Update Request.

Post by Whiskyman » Fri May 15, 2020 12:42 am

h69 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 8:41 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:20 pm

Which suggests that people who live in Newcastle, Luton and much of Essex are probably more gullible than the rest of us if they;re actually paying for the fucking things. Seriously, we know now that this season, not to mention the start of next, will , if it's played at all, be behind closed doors. So there is no reason why refunds should not be made now as it is apparent games which have been paid for will not be available to watch.
They wont refund the money yet because they have to have something official from the Premier league. There is every reason as some have a force majeure insurance clause meaning they can claim some of that lost money back from their insurers...They cant claim on players wages but they can on against some of their outside contracts and they can claim some money for gate receipts. In West Ham and a few others I believe it is not the whole amount but there is some money that can be retrieved. Every little will help these clubs. They would not be liable for any money they were to take after the lockdown started which is why certain clubs have suspended the sales and others have not.

I do agree that as a supporter, it makes no sense to renew or buy a new ST as I would be surprised if we were not kept away until Sept 2021.
I would not be surprised if the clubs offer a pay per view service instead for the remaining games with ST holders getting this free and called off against some of the remaining fee (not all of it and it would be optional). It is not watertight but we were looking to do so for the Wolves game until it was cancelled outright. I know that Villa, Chelski, Spuds and Sheff Utd have looked into that as well.

The biggest issue at present is the players. Being asked to train in a high cardio sport with a mask on in warmer weather, being asked to tackle but look away is crazy and fuck knows how they sort out corners.

Strange times but I've written off sport in general until next year now. I have more important things to do like drinking beer and learning to play the guitar properly finally.....pref not in that order :lol:
I'm no expert on contract law but whenm someone buys a season ticket that assumes a total of 19 games are being paid for. If the ST holder declines to use the ticket then they lose out. But if the fixture is not fulfilled they are entitled to a refund on the basis that the event for which they have paid has been cancelled.

But I agree with you that drinking beer is more important than football. However I find that a more pleasurable experience in a pub, surrounded by others of a similar dispensation. Sadly it looks like being a while before anyone can indulge in that hobby again.

The club itself may not be directly responsible for the event not taking place but, if my understanding of the law is correct, the club should reclaim it's losses from the Premier League and the club's customers, the ST holders, are entitled to a refund from the club.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

only1salty

Post by only1salty » Fri May 15, 2020 9:19 am

Dont get your hopes up. Morally its the right thing (a refund) especially as money is going to be tight for many. Mrs Salt's business has gone and doesn't qualify for state aid!!

Legally - read your terms and conditions

"The Club hereby excludes any liability for any loss, injury, costs, expenses
or damage of any kind connected to any failure or delay by the club in
carrying out any of its obligations under the Conditions of Issue which
is caused by circumstances outside of its reasonable control; and any
abandonment, postponement or cancellation of any matches."

Good luck with that.
1 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Fri May 15, 2020 10:06 am

only1salty wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 9:19 am
Dont get your hopes up. Morally its the right thing (a refund) especially as money is going to be tight for many. Mrs Salt's business has gone and doesn't qualify for state aid!!

Legally - read your terms and conditions

"The Club hereby excludes any liability for any loss, injury, costs, expenses
or damage of any kind connected to any failure or delay by the club in
carrying out any of its obligations under the Conditions of Issue which
is caused by circumstances outside of its reasonable control; and any
abandonment, postponement or cancellation of any matches."

Good luck with that.
Yeah,that's like grandma's nightgown - it covers everything
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Fri May 15, 2020 10:18 am

BlackDiamond wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 12:14 am
ToneLoc wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 9:04 pm

I'm with you all the way up to the drinking beer bit.
This geezer's learning the guitar too.....
I enjoyed that,one observation - now,this might just be me...but...does that guitar sound like,it's tuned correctly...
I supposed it depends on what you mean by “correctly”. Some guitarists deliberately mis-tune their guitars to achieve a particular sound.
Maybe that’s what May is doing?
I think that guitar he has is the one he built himself and pretty much used in every gig and recording he ever did with Queen.
Brian May strikes me as one the very last people I would expect to play a guitar not tuned to how he wants it.
0 x
Jurgen Klopp’s teeth are giving me a migraine

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Fri May 15, 2020 10:58 am

ToneLoc wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 10:18 am
BlackDiamond wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 12:14 am

I enjoyed that,one observation - now,this might just be me...but...does that guitar sound like,it's tuned correctly...
I supposed it depends on what you mean by “correctly”. Some guitarists deliberately mis-tune their guitars to achieve a particular sound.
Maybe that’s what May is doing?
I think that guitar he has is the one he built himself and pretty much used in every gig and recording he ever did with Queen.
Brian May strikes me as one the very last people I would expect to play a guitar not tuned to how he wants it.
I agree,he is an accomplished player both live and recorded. And I'm not suggesting any slur on his technical fluency.

The reverb sounded different but that's maybe the echo effect of playing in a smaller enclosed space.And that tiny distortion and timing,minutely differs from the trademark Brian May usual signatures on that song.

These musicians when they tour,use many different guitars,all tuned by their guitar techs and changed and coordinated for that performances set list.

Using a completely different instrument in a different setting might produce a sound - that organically feels divergent
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Fri May 15, 2020 12:01 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 9:04 pm
h69 wrote:

Strange times but I've written off sport in general until next year now. I have more important things to do like drinking beer and learning to play the guitar properly finally.....pref not in that order :lol:\\
I'm with you all the way up to the drinking beer bit.
This geezer's learning the guitar too.....
:lol: I can play a bit and I have a guitar just want to get a lot better and it will be something to do on Sat at 3pm (or Fri at 8, or Sun at 4 or Mon at 8) !
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Fri May 15, 2020 12:07 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 12:42 am
h69 wrote:

They wont refund the money yet because they have to have something official from the Premier league. There is every reason as some have a force majeure insurance clause meaning they can claim some of that lost money back from their insurers...They cant claim on players wages but they can on against some of their outside contracts and they can claim some money for gate receipts. In West Ham and a few others I believe it is not the whole amount but there is some money that can be retrieved. Every little will help these clubs. They would not be liable for any money they were to take after the lockdown started which is why certain clubs have suspended the sales and others have not.

I do agree that as a supporter, it makes no sense to renew or buy a new ST as I would be surprised if we were not kept away until Sept 2021.
I would not be surprised if the clubs offer a pay per view service instead for the remaining games with ST holders getting this free and called off against some of the remaining fee (not all of it and it would be optional). It is not watertight but we were looking to do so for the Wolves game until it was cancelled outright. I know that Villa, Chelski, Spuds and Sheff Utd have looked into that as well.

The biggest issue at present is the players. Being asked to train in a high cardio sport with a mask on in warmer weather, being asked to tackle but look away is crazy and fuck knows how they sort out corners.

Strange times but I've written off sport in general until next year now. I have more important things to do like drinking beer and learning to play the guitar properly finally.....pref not in that order :lol:
I'm no expert on contract law but whenm someone buys a season ticket that assumes a total of 19 games are being paid for. If the ST holder declines to use the ticket then they lose out. But if the fixture is not fulfilled they are entitled to a refund on the basis that the event for which they have paid has been cancelled.

But I agree with you that drinking beer is more important than football. However I find that a more pleasurable experience in a pub, surrounded by others of a similar dispensation. Sadly it looks like being a while before anyone can indulge in that hobby again.

The club itself may not be directly responsible for the event not taking place but, if my understanding of the law is correct, the club should reclaim it's losses from the Premier League and the club's customers, the ST holders, are entitled to a refund from the club.
I think you misunderstood me mate. I have not said we wont get a refund. They just wont issue one until the premier league make a statement that football will continue without fans which will come soon enough. That triggers insurance claims and in turn will trigger refunds to us etc so we will get one but just not until there is a clear statement on what happens going forward. Same goes for my Spuds away ticket.

At that point they may also offer a streaming service for the remaining games for a fee etc. I think many of the clubs are looking to do this to try and convince people to stay away.

As for pubs, of course that is a better option but the garden is fine at present for this.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri May 15, 2020 1:10 pm

h69 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 12:07 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 12:42 am

I think you misunderstood me mate. I have not said we wont get a refund. They just wont issue one until the premier league make a statement that football will continue without fans which will come soon enough. That triggers insurance claims and in turn will trigger refunds to us etc so we will get one but just not until there is a clear statement on what happens going forward. Same goes for my Spuds away ticket.

At that point they may also offer a streaming service for the remaining games for a fee etc. I think many of the clubs are looking to do this to try and convince people to stay away.

As for pubs, of course that is a better option but the garden is fine at present for this.
Well at least the weather has been conducive to garden drinking of late. But the lack of the social element is , frankly, beginning to grate on a lot of people. Which is one of the reasons I think the argument that restarting football will raise the nation's spirit is a load of crap. Watching games in the comfort of one's own home is fine for many people. It's how I now choose to watch the games. But for a lot of people the camaraderie and banter of watching the game live, in a pub, or even at home in the company of a group of friends is what they enjoy.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

h69

Refunds

Post by h69 » Wed May 20, 2020 5:45 pm

Just got my email from the club saying I can have either a credit for next season or a refund on my ST.
Also says new STs are not yet available and the club will work with the fans as and when there is football we can watch

Also get a refund for my spuds ticket.

Caveated that it is announced the rest of this season's football will be played behind closed doors but that is a given tbf.

I'd rather give the rest of my ST refund to charity and football cancelled the season and relooked at it next season but that is just me.
0 x

Dwayne Pipes

Re: Refunds

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Wed May 20, 2020 5:49 pm

You forgot to mention any club cash you have in credit is extended till end of July .
0 x

Social Media