football grounds now defunct

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 4636
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm

Re: football grounds now defunct

Postby Newmarket » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:17 pm

Thanks for featuring Barking Steve , I could only find those 3 pics myself and I was secretly hoping you'd find more ;)
0 x

User avatar
cockneyhammer
Posts: 2269
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 8:17 pm
Location: liviing in the past and happy

Re: football grounds now defunct

Postby cockneyhammer » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:30 pm

Newmarket wrote:Thanks for featuring Barking Steve , I could only find those 3 pics myself and I was secretly hoping you'd find more ;)


was all i could find as well mate tried various searches and all i could find was them
0 x

User avatar
ticker
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: football grounds now defunct

Postby ticker » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:42 pm

Cannot remember if Leytonstone were covered who I used to watch on Saturdays when not making hammers away days I believe they merged with Ilford which then became Redbridge Athletic to what is now Dagenham & Redbridge,another amalgamation of non league was rush den and irthlingborough diamonds who became rushden &diamonds anyway the link is I played for Leytonstone juniors and when I moved to Peterborough played against irthlingborough diamonds.
0 x

User avatar
cockneyhammer
Posts: 2269
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 8:17 pm
Location: liviing in the past and happy

Re: football grounds now defunct

Postby cockneyhammer » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:46 pm

ticker wrote:Cannot remember if Leytonstone were covered who I used to watch on Saturdays when not making hammers away days I believe they merged with Ilford which then became Redbridge Athletic to what is now Dagenham & Redbridge,another amalgamation of non league was rush den and irthlingborough diamonds who became rushden &diamonds anyway the link is I played for Leytonstone juniors and when I moved to Peterborough played against irthlingborough diamonds.




great stuff ticker will look in to that thanks mate
0 x

User avatar
ticker
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: football grounds now defunct

Postby ticker » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:37 pm

cockneyhammer wrote:
ticker wrote:Cannot remember if Leytonstone were covered who I used to watch on Saturdays when not making hammers away days I believe they merged with Ilford which then became Redbridge Athletic to what is now Dagenham & Redbridge,another amalgamation of non league was rush den and irthlingborough diamonds who became rushden &diamonds anyway the link is I played for Leytonstone juniors and when I moved to Peterborough played against irthlingborough diamonds.




great stuff ticker will look in to that thanks mate

It was actually Redbridge forest as they absorbed Walthamstow avenue who I think Leytonstone beat in a cup final at Upton Park my mates dad (hill)played centre half I think in a 4-3 win.
0 x

User avatar
cockneyhammer
Posts: 2269
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 8:17 pm
Location: liviing in the past and happy

Re: football grounds now defunct

Postby cockneyhammer » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:12 pm

today we go to leytonstone and ilford fc thanks to pies and mushy peas

Leytonstone is an area of east London and part of the London Borough of Waltham Forest. It is a suburban area, located seven miles north east of Charing Cross in Greater London. It borders Walthamstow to the northwest, Wanstead (in the London Borough of Redbridge) to the north, Leyton to the south, and Forest Gate (in the London Borough of Newham) to the east. The main thoroughfare in Leytonstone, High Road Leytonstone, runs the length of Leytonstone to Stratford is an ancient pathway dating to pre-Roman times. Roman archaeological features have been found in the area. The name Leytonstone, in early documents Leyton-Atte-Stone, may derive from the large stone standing at the junction of Hollybush Hill and New Wanstead; in the 18th-century an obelisk was mounted on top of it, and it has been claimed that it is the remains of a Roman milestone.

Leytonstone Ilford FC were formed in 1979, by the merger of Ilford F.C. (founded in 1881) and Leytonstone F.C. (founded in 1886). The club play at Granleigh Road (Leytonstone’s former ground) near Leytonstone High Road, overseen by the westbound platform of the Leytonstone High Road Railway station. The ground features one covered stand and the remaining three sides were for standing.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
0 x

User avatar
cockneyhammer
Posts: 2269
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 8:17 pm
Location: liviing in the past and happy

Re: football grounds now defunct

Postby cockneyhammer » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:16 pm

forgot about this club now reformed as afc rushden and diamonds

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
0 x

User avatar
cockneyhammer
Posts: 2269
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 8:17 pm
Location: liviing in the past and happy

Re: football grounds now defunct

Postby cockneyhammer » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:20 pm

just when i thought we had done all the league clubs another one come's along today we have a look at rotherham united a ground i never had the privilege of visiting

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
0 x

User avatar
Penguin
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:37 pm
Location: Please, no talk about buses.

Re: football grounds now defunct

Postby Penguin » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:02 pm

CH have you had a look at Wealdstone? They used to have a nice little ground in Central Harrow, which is now a Tesco.
0 x

User avatar
cockneyhammer
Posts: 2269
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 8:17 pm
Location: liviing in the past and happy

Re: football grounds now defunct

Postby cockneyhammer » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:17 pm

Penguin wrote:CH have you had a look at Wealdstone? They used to have a nice little ground in Central Harrow, which is now a Tesco.




no ta mate will look at doing that one thanks
0 x


Return to “Football Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 19 guests