football grounds now defunct

Chat about anything football related here!
H4L

Re: football grounds now defunct

Postby H4L » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:49 pm

cockneyhammer wrote:
H4L wrote:Wow, Loaks Park! I have to spend a fair bit of time in Wycombe and it hasn't dawned on me that they had played elsewhere prior to Adams Park. Brilliant thread. Love it when a new one come up!

thanks mate as you say you did not think they played elsewhere is there a ground you would like to see featured?

No special from me. I am more than happy to enjoy the grounds you are finding. Have you considered foreign grounds? Athletico Madrid move this season. Their current ground has a motorway underneath it! Also I am pretty sure Espanol moved into Olympic stadium after the Barcelona Olympics. It was up a mountain pretty much and they have moved again since.
0 x

cockneyhammer

Postby cockneyhammer » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:35 pm

H4L wrote:
cockneyhammer wrote:
H4L wrote:Wow, Loaks Park! I have to spend a fair bit of time in Wycombe and it hasn't dawned on me that they had played elsewhere prior to Adams Park. Brilliant thread. Love it when a new one come up!

thanks mate as you say you did not think they played elsewhere is there a ground you would like to see featured?

No special from me. I am more than happy to enjoy the grounds you are finding. Have you considered foreign grounds? Athletico Madrid move this season. Their current ground has a motorway underneath it! Also I am pretty sure Espanol moved into Olympic stadium after the Barcelona Olympics. It was up a mountain pretty much and they have moved again since.

sorry mate only just seen this of course i could do grounds abroad do not no how easy
it would be to do the photos

i said the madrid ground was something they should consider if they was to do the chicken run could build it up and over so the buses could of got to the garage

i will take on board your suggestion thanks steve
0 x

H4L

Postby H4L » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:27 pm

cockneyhammer wrote:
H4L wrote:
cockneyhammer wrote:

sorry mate only just seen this of course i could do grounds abroad do not no how easy
it would be to do the photos

i said the madrid ground was something they should consider if they was to do the chicken run could build it up and over so the buses could of got to the garage

i will take on board your suggestion thanks steve

Great stuff. Look forward to your next one!
0 x

cockneyhammer

Postby cockneyhammer » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:28 pm

thanks will try and get another one up soon any thing you would like to see featured?
0 x

cockneyhammer

Postby cockneyhammer » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:42 pm

we now visit scotland again third lanark

1 x

cockneyhammer

Postby cockneyhammer » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:20 am

we now look at Central Ground, Witton Albion
sadly present
2 x

BM Jon

Postby BM Jon » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Steve thanks for the Witton photos, I think they moved to a new tidy ground at Wincham.

Can you have a look at Northwich Victoria, one of the oldest clubs and grounds, now gone. They had a new ground built but demolished when they went bust due to a dodgy (allegedly) owner.
0 x

cockneyhammer

Postby cockneyhammer » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:12 am

BM Jon wrote:Steve thanks for the Witton photos, I think they moved to a new tidy ground at Wincham.

Can you have a look at Northwich Victoria, one of the oldest clubs and grounds, now gone. They had a new ground built but demolished when they went bust due to a dodgy (allegedly) owner.

i will do that one next for you mate
0 x

H4L

Postby H4L » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:07 am

Cathin Park, wow! Looks like you can still have a game there!!
0 x

cockneyhammer

Postby cockneyhammer » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:46 am

ok today we go to drill field home of northwich victoria

if there is a ground you would like to see visited let me no and i will see what i can find

drill field present
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”