football grounds now defunct

Chat about anything football related here!
H4L

Re: football grounds now defunct

Postby H4L » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:20 pm

Slough Town now play at Tha Arbough Vale Stadium. It’s brand spanking new and has a 4 G pitch. I live inn Slough now and to fair move has been very positive.
0 x

BoleynBadges

Postby BoleynBadges » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:27 pm

H4L wrote:Slough Town now play at Tha Arbough Vale Stadium. It’s brand spanking new and has a 4 G pitch. I live inn Slough now and to fair move has been very positive.

i did see that mate i had loads more photos to put on but could not get them off please let me no other grounds that are no more thanks steve
0 x

H4L

Postby H4L » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:47 pm

cockneyhammer wrote:
H4L wrote:Slough Town now play at Tha Arbough Vale Stadium. It’s brand spanking new and has a 4 G pitch. I live inn Slough now and to fair move has been very positive.

i did see that mate i had loads more photos to put on but could not get them off please let me no other grounds that are no more thanks steve

Will do. Ashford (Kent) have moved a couple of times fairly recently I believe. I think the club may have gone under and been reborn.
0 x

BoleynBadges

Postby BoleynBadges » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:56 pm

will have a look at that one thanksmate hope you are enjoying the ones i am doing
1 x

BoleynBadges

Postby BoleynBadges » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:11 pm

today we look at AFC Fylde they have a plan to be in the footbal league in the next few seasons

Less than ten years ago Kellamergh Park was an open field at the back of a country pub. Today the ground has gradually expanded, but still has a rural feel to it being surrounded by farmland. During lulls in play you can look out at the grazing sheep on the adjacent paddocks. The land was purchased by the football club (then Kirkham & Wesham FC) in 2005 for playing in the North West Counties League and as it has progressed up the football pyramid improvements have been made in order to obtain the required grading to meet Conference North standards. However the Club have further ambitions with the commencement of the building of a new 6,000 capacity stadium, located near Junction 3 of the M55, which is scheduled to open in 2016.

The only access to the Kellamergh Park ground is by what can only be described as a dirt track located at the far end of the Birley Arms pub car park, leading to the 150 space car park, although there is also a separate tarmaced walk way for pedestrians.

Inside the ground on the left hand side as you come in is the all seater Main Stand which holds 282 spectators including press and home and away directors. This covers about half of the touchline straddling the half way line. To either side are portakabin facilities for directors at the far end and sponsors on the nearside. Behind the goal at the north is the Wrea Green End which comprises a covered terrace which houses around 800 supporters. At the other ‘Warton End’ is a small covered seated stand that was opened in 2015. This was put in place so that the Club could fulfill League membership criteria, that stipulates that a Club should have at least 500 seats. Also at this end is the clubhouse and other facilities. Down the other side is a flat uncovered footpath style standing area which has the dugouts situated in front of it. In one corner of the ground near the clubhouse is an electric scoreboard.

1 x

H4L

Postby H4L » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:19 pm

cockneyhammer wrote:will have a look at that one thanksmate hope you are enjoying the ones i am doing

100%. Love this thread.
0 x

BM Jon

Postby BM Jon » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:46 pm

Cheers for the Fylde photos. Their owners have chucked a shed load of cash on wages and improving their ground.

A bit similar to Salford, owned by the ex MU boys. They’ve more or less rebuild the whole ground, so the old one is probably classed as defunct now :lol:
0 x

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:21 am

That pies making my mouth water.....
1 x

BoleynBadges

Postby BoleynBadges » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:40 pm

not so much a ground defunct thought we would have a quick look at fc united of manchester they hve been sharing mainly with bury at gigg lane but now have here own ground thought it would be woth having a look at

Capacity: 4,500 (Seats 696)
Address: 310 Lightbowne Rd, Moston, Manchester, M40 0FJ
Telephone: 0161 769 2005
Fax: 0161 769 2014
Pitch Size: 102 x 67m
Pitch Type: Grass
Club Nickname: Red Rebels or FCUM
Year Ground Opened: 2015
Home Kit: Red, White & Black

It is a remarkable achievement that a new Club formed by a fans group in 2005, would be opening a new £6.5m stadium just ten years later. But that has been the meteoric rise of FC United of Manchester, who now not only have a home of their own (having groundshared with various clubs since their formation), but a stadium that would not look out of place in the Football League.

From the outside the Main Stand looks quite striking, with an interesting design of red fascia on wooden cladding and two large white pillars flanking the main club entrance. This Main Stand as you would expect is the largest stand at the stadium and has a mixture of seating to the rear and terrace at its front. Pleasingly it has no supporting pillars, so fans can enjoy an unhindered view of the game. Like all the stands at the stadium it is covered and the roof runs the full length of the pitch, so that the stadium corners to either side are enclosed. At the moment though the Main Stand looks a bit of an odd affair. Firstly there is a section to either side, that remains unfinished, with the necessary steelwork in place, but little else. Secondly it has seating to the rear and standing paddocks at the front, which is unusual, but apparently this was requested by supporters when plans were being drawn up for the new Stadium.

The North Terrace opposite the Main Stand and the Lightbowne Road End, are both similar looking covered areas. I say areas as they do have any terracing but are flat standing. They are are quite simple affairs with their roofs having quite a high supporting back wall and a number of supporting pillars running across the front. In the middle of the North Terrace there is a raised television gantry, which is also timber constructed, in keeping with the design theme of the ground. The St Mary's Road End is a sizeable covered terrace, that can accommodate around 2,500 fans. This stand was originally in place at Northwich Victoria's old Drill Field ground, but with the demise of that ground, it was dismantled and brought to Broadhurst Park. The stadium has a set of four floodlights.

1 x

BoleynBadges

Postby BoleynBadges » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:54 pm

any suggestions?
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”