As a few of us thought ...

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
whu
Posts: 1915
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 10:20 am
x 82
x 77

As a few of us thought ...

Post by whu » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:41 pm

... corrupt Allardyce wanted Morrison to sign with his agent. When Morrison stood his ground, fatty fucked him off out of it. WHUFC and England won't miss that very rich,crooked, lying prick. Fair play to Morrison. I know he's not the most balanced kid but he turned down more dough and a cushy number by looks of it.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... Man-United" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0 x
Land based game. Pass and move. Simple.
Want a launching? Try NASA or Firework night.
We're West Ham. It's what we want. Now and always. Amen.

User avatar
Towie
Posts: 1896
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 8:06 pm
x 271
x 178

Re: As a few of us thought ...

Post by Towie » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:04 pm

True mate, unfortunately the kids reputation went against him.

Big shame because at the time he was playing well, if he had stayed and played out a full season for us performing as he did vs Spuds. We could have another Payet at the club right now.
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 8958
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 192
x 971

Re: As a few of us thought ...

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:54 pm

If the silly little cunt wasn't a wrong 'un Ferguson would never have given us the opportunity to have him anyway. He has basically shit on every opportunity that has been presented to him. Curtisgate may have been the reason he left us but why was he moved on from Man U? Why did he fall out with Twitchy at QPR? And by all accounts his days are nyumbered at Lazio. Allardyce might not be known for bringing through talented kids but Ferguson doesn't have too shabby a record in that department.

Morrison has a talent which could have entertained millions and made him a household name for the right reasons. The only person who has prevented Morrison from reaching the top of the game is Morrison himself. I honestly reckon one day he'll probably go out in a blaze of bullets in some Manchester backstreet. I doubt if it was his principles that made him refuse to sign for Curtis because tbh I doubt if principles have ever figured very high on his radar.

And if any of us were ever in need of a character reference I doubt if Jermaine Pennant would be high on our "must have" lists. Soundslike Morrison chooses his football mates as well as the others. ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
dorsetdano
Posts: 1057
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 8:28 pm
x 29
x 150

Re: As a few of us thought ...

Post by dorsetdano » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:10 pm

Whiskyman wrote:If the silly little cunt wasn't a wrong 'un Ferguson would never have given us the opportunity to have him anyway. He has basically shit on every opportunity that has been presented to him. Curtisgate may have been the reason he left us but why was he moved on from Man U? Why did he fall out with Twitchy at QPR? And by all accounts his days are nyumbered at Lazio. Allardyce might not be known for bringing through talented kids but Ferguson doesn't have too shabby a record in that department.

Morrison has a talent which could have entertained millions and made him a household name for the right reasons. The only person who has prevented Morrison from reaching the top of the game is Morrison himself. I honestly reckon one day he'll probably go out in a blaze of bullets in some Manchester backstreet. I doubt if it was his principles that made him refuse to sign for Curtis because tbh I doubt if principles have ever figured very high on his radar.

And if any of us were ever in need of a character reference I doubt if Jermaine Pennant would be high on our "must have" lists. Soundslike Morrison chooses his football mates as well as the others. ;)
Ferguson had bigger fish to fry and couldn't sort out Pogba either who was in the same FA youth winning squad, although Ravel was the apparently the much more talented player. Fergie's observation was apparently that he needed to get away from bad influences in Manchester and that's why he ended up with us in London. He needed support and help and has had neither; in fact he had the opposite from the Dudley Dinosaur. If times were a bit different I wouldn't be adverse to him being given another chance at the club. He would be a much better option than Tore or Zaza.
0 x

User avatar
Gonzo
Posts: 7032
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 8:13 pm
x 761
x 448

Re: As a few of us thought ...

Post by Gonzo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:03 am

whu wrote:... corrupt Allardyce wanted Morrison to sign with his agent. When Morrison stood his ground, fatty fucked him off out of it. WHUFC and England won't miss that very rich,crooked, lying prick. Fair play to Morrison. I know he's not the most balanced kid but he turned down more dough and a cushy number by looks of it.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... Man-United" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Exactly mate.


I was always surprised how easily it seemed to sit with some that the Curtis/Allardyce axis had Carroll, Nolan, Noble, O'brien, Adrian, Taylor, Jarvis & Collison on their books at some time or another.

The pair were clearly trying to have a carve-up so how it was even treated with suspicion when Morrison made the claim was beyond me. Like or loath Ravel . . . .. . it was irrelevant because so many West Ham players under the control of the managers ownership group was very dodgy.

Just because Fergie could not get a tune out of Morrison has absolutely no relevance to Allardyce signing him up to the Curtis stable . . . . . one does not cancel out the other. It is perfectly plausible for Ravel to be a rapscallion AND Sam to be crooked.

Myself, WHU and a few others continued to bang the drum. Despite a panorama documentary, Allardyce's son being banned from football, an FA investigation, A Football League charge against Curtis and an Evening Standard expose some still wanted to think it was nothing more than a fart in the wind.

The bloke threatened legal action against the BBC and Mail/Standard . . . . . . . . . I believe they're still waiting to hear from Big Sams lawyers 10 years later.
0 x

User avatar
BlackDiamond
Posts: 4446
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:46 pm
x 609
x 399

Re: As a few of us thought ...

Post by BlackDiamond » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:14 am

dorsetdano wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:If the silly little cunt wasn't a wrong 'un Ferguson would never have given us the opportunity to have him anyway. He has basically shit on every opportunity that has been presented to him. Curtisgate may have been the reason he left us but why was he moved on from Man U? Why did he fall out with Twitchy at QPR? And by all accounts his days are nyumbered at Lazio. Allardyce might not be known for bringing through talented kids but Ferguson doesn't have too shabby a record in that department.

Morrison has a talent which could have entertained millions and made him a household name for the right reasons. The only person who has prevented Morrison from reaching the top of the game is Morrison himself. I honestly reckon one day he'll probably go out in a blaze of bullets in some Manchester backstreet. I doubt if it was his principles that made him refuse to sign for Curtis because tbh I doubt if principles have ever figured very high on his radar.

And if any of us were ever in need of a character reference I doubt if Jermaine Pennant would be high on our "must have" lists. Soundslike Morrison chooses his football mates as well as the others. ;)
Ferguson had bigger fish to fry and couldn't sort out Pogba either who was in the same FA youth winning squad, although Ravel was the apparently the much more talented player. Fergie's observation was apparently that he needed to get away from bad influences in Manchester and that's why he ended up with us in London. He needed support and help and has had neither; in fact he had the opposite from the Dudley Dinosaur. If times were a bit different I wouldn't be adverse to him being given another chance at the club. He would be a much better option than Tore or Zaza.
Quite funny, special needs person with bundles of natural talent earns 9k a week at Lazio and lingers unused. Whilst his less talented colleague gets on with his life and earns 275K a week and has winners medals in his trophy cabinet.
0 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 8958
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 192
x 971

Re: As a few of us thought ...

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:14 am

Gonzo wrote:
Just because Fergie could not get a tune out of Morrison has absolutely no relevance to Allardyce signing him up to the Curtis stable . . . . . one does not cancel out the other. It is perfectly plausible for Ravel to be a rapscallion AND Sam to be crooked.
Not disputed at all. But had Morrison buckled down to the job in hand and at least made the effort to become the player his ability dictated he should have become maybe there would have been more support from within the club, and the fans, at the time.

There are thousands of kids who come from similar backgrounds to Morrison who don't have his ability but neither do they have the advantages he was given because of his talent. Some become jail fodder but the vast majority don't. Many don't have the advantage of an arm round the shoulder to support them yet manage to survive without having the advantages Morrison was given simply because of his profession. We seem to have this issue in Britain that it's always someone else's fault when something goes wrong. There is only one person who has screwed up that little scrote's career and that's him, not Ferguson, Allardyce, Redknapp or any of the other coaches he may have worked with.

The example of Pogba is a good one, although I'm not sure he was allowed to leave Old Trafford for the same reasons Morrison was. He adopted an "I'll show you, you tosser" attitude and has made the grade. Morrison may have had more ability than Pogba but he obviously only has a fraction of his character.

Allardyce crooked? Quite probably. So don't questions need to be asked why Sullivan, who surely must have been aware of at least some of what was happening with Curtis? Or did his own little pet poodle. Barry Silkman, collude with the cosy Curtis/Allardyce relationshi? I don't know, but it's a question that won't go away.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
Gonzo
Posts: 7032
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 8:13 pm
x 761
x 448

Re: As a few of us thought ...

Post by Gonzo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:00 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
Just because Fergie could not get a tune out of Morrison has absolutely no relevance to Allardyce signing him up to the Curtis stable . . . . . one does not cancel out the other. It is perfectly plausible for Ravel to be a rapscallion AND Sam to be crooked.
Not disputed at all. But had Morrison buckled down to the job in hand and at least made the effort to become the player his ability dictated he should have become maybe there would have been more support from within the club, and the fans, at the time.

There are thousands of kids who come from similar backgrounds to Morrison who don't have his ability but neither do they have the advantages he was given because of his talent. Some become jail fodder but the vast majority don't. Many don't have the advantage of an arm round the shoulder to support them yet manage to survive without having the advantages Morrison was given simply because of his profession. We seem to have this issue in Britain that it's always someone else's fault when something goes wrong. There is only one person who has screwed up that little scrote's career and that's him, not Ferguson, Allardyce, Redknapp or any of the other coaches he may have worked with.

The example of Pogba is a good one, although I'm not sure he was allowed to leave Old Trafford for the same reasons Morrison was. He adopted an "I'll show you, you tosser" attitude and has made the grade. Morrison may have had more ability than Pogba but he obviously only has a fraction of his character.

Allardyce crooked? Quite probably. So don't questions need to be asked why Sullivan, who surely must have been aware of at least some of what was happening with Curtis? Or did his own little pet poodle. Barry Silkman, collude with the cosy Curtis/Allardyce relationshi? I don't know, but it's a question that won't go away.

It was quite the opposite actually, Silkman had little or nothing to do with transfers once Sam came in because Curtis was always shoe-horned in on the deal. Reading between the lines (and I have interviewed Silkman) the club were very grateful to get Sam following relegation and he probably had a free reign for a year or two.

I doubt even an eyebrow was raised when one or two players were signed up with Curtis but once a quarter of our squad were in the stable alarm bells started ringing with the board. The rest is history . . . . . . Curtis was not included in any of the deals from Sam's final two transfer windows, Tony Henry was installed and Allardyce immediately banned him from the training ground.

In short Silkman had fuck all to do with it and Sullivan eventually dealt with it once he realised what was going on but I'm not sure why he, the Premier League and the FA were surprised because the evidence has always been there.

All the accusations and investigations that I listed above have not been made up, are easy enough to source and much of the dodgy dealing had never been fully explained even before this Telegraph sting. My only surprise was that he continued to get work and then got the England Managers position and I said as much on here the moment he did his first interview in the FA blazer.

As for Morrison I would not argue with anything you said. I just believe that the fact he was a wrong-un clouded peoples impartiality when the claim about Allardyce and Curtis was made.
0 x

User avatar
belfasthammer
Posts: 1902
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:02 pm
x 2
x 2

Re: As a few of us thought ...

Post by belfasthammer » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:59 am

I think anyone who didn't see BFS as a shyster are naive. There is a tolerance of characters like this. Rednapp is another example. The FA were committed to having an English manager and Sam was available. I am shocked that people would think Sam was anything else The issue is why characters like this get a bye from us
0 x

User avatar
whu
Posts: 1915
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 10:20 am
x 82
x 77

Re: As a few of us thought ...

Post by whu » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:43 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
Just because Fergie could not get a tune out of Morrison has absolutely no relevance to Allardyce signing him up to the Curtis stable . . . . . one does not cancel out the other. It is perfectly plausible for Ravel to be a rapscallion AND Sam to be crooked.
Allardyce crooked? Quite probably......
wow, only a probably, fuck me
0 x
Land based game. Pass and move. Simple.
Want a launching? Try NASA or Firework night.
We're West Ham. It's what we want. Now and always. Amen.

Post Reply

Social Media