How Much Would You Pay For Defoe?

Chat about anything football related here!

Nothing. Don't want him.
29%
9%
11%
3%
37%
9%
No votes
More
3%

Total votes: 35

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:30 am

Sunderland turned down 6 million. If I was them I would ask for more than 10 million. That's not what I think he's worth, just what he's worth to them right now!

Personally I wouldn't be after him for more than 1 million but I ain't the boss. Not that I don't rate him but, if you've been on this site for a while (in various forms), I am all about youth.

We have Fletcher who has shown promise & Martinez who has pedigree at a lower level for a while now. I'd rather save the money & take the chance on them. I think we are safe from relegation & would rather put the 8 or whatever million towards a long term player in the summer.

What do you think?
0 x

Noni

Re: How Much Would You Pay For Defoe?

Post by Noni » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:55 am

Personally I don't care as long as we get a good striker, who ever that may be. Defoe has age against him so he has to be a good asset for us to spend the money. I believe we will have a better 2nd half to our season now most of our players are in reasonable shape with our current form.. We need to improve on our starts in games.

If we cannot get a striker and we can negotiate a price for Defoe, then he will be my option!
0 x

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:26 am

Considering we Spunked £8m on loan fees for Zaza and Tore for one season I'd suggest £10m was fair value for two seasons with his track record.
0 x

H4L

Post by H4L » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:00 am

Won't get him for less than 10.
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:49 am

10 million for a 34 year old striker. Is their really no better choices out there?
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

whu

Post by whu » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:30 am

definite ten but would go to twelve for a 100% proven goalscorer

twelve just isn't a lot of dough, as fucked up as that sounds
0 x
Land based game. Pass and move. Simple.
Want a launching? Try NASA or Firework night.
We're West Ham. It's what we want. Now and always. Amen.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:38 am

Let's be perfectly honest if being in the PL is worth £80 million or so a year which is what's being reported Sunderland would be mad to sell. He was the single reason they stayed up last season and is the only chance of them doing the same this. He would be a bloody good signing imo but unless Sunderland's board have a collective meltdown and accept the inevitability of relegation they won't let him go anywhere.

With this in mind I would look elsewhere for a younger option because I can see us fannying around all window trying to sign Defoe and ending up taking some no hoper like Shane Long as a last minute, over priced, panic option.

Let it be known I am happy to offer my passable skills in the German language to assist in the acquisition of Kevin Volland from Bayer Leverkusen, either on loan or a permanent basis as he seems to be out of favour there at the moment.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:40 am

I'd go for 15.

My reasoning is that despite our 3 wins on the bounce, the bottom three have shown they're far from dead and buried with recent performances. And things change quickly. Anyone who thinks we're safe is deluded. Defoe, while not guaranteeing that, would certainly put the chances away better than anyone we have at present. Antonio against the Mancs a prime example.

But even at 15 they won't want to sell. Although for that they'd start talking. Moyes can say what he likes but he's not the owner. And that's a huge amount for a player who can leave for nothing in 5 months.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:46 am

If we was in real deep deep relegation shit then ANY striker that gets the goals in order for us to stay up is worth the £100m + we would lose if we went down and that is exactly what he is worth to Sunderland so I doubt they would sell full stop .

However I don't think there is much chance of us going down and Ratboy is a grade A Cunt .

Besides , in Noble and Lanzini we already have 2 good penalty takers !
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:51 am

Newmarket wrote:If we was in real deep deep relegation shit then ANY striker that gets the goals in order for us to stay up is worth the £100m + we would lose if we went down and that is exactly what he is worth to Sunderland so I doubt they would sell full stop .

However I don't think there is much chance of us going down and Ratboy is a grade A Cunt .

Besides , in Noble and Lanzini we already have 2 good penalty takers !
Not much chance ?

Those who were at the Hull game might beg to differ mate. I wouldn't want to be taking any chances.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Social Media