Ogbonna (maybe) out for season

Chat about anything football related here!
LeeWHU88

Re: Ogbonna (maybe) out for season

Post by LeeWHU88 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:50 pm

Fair play to Ogbonna and fair play to the club for going out and getting Fonte knowing we'd lose Og but does this not show how short sighted it was to sell Tomkins in the summer? We all knew Collins would be on his last legs and to go into a season with him as a cover at CB was poor imo.
0 x

Alwyen

Post by Alwyen » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:06 am

sounds reasonable I've not long read this on another site and it dose sound highly plausible and he must have been playing through some serious pain given that it needs surgery
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:49 am

LeeWHU88 wrote:Fair play to Ogbonna and fair play to the club for going out and getting Fonte knowing we'd lose Og but does this not show how short sighted it was to sell Tomkins in the summer? We all knew Collins would be on his last legs and to go into a season with him as a cover at CB was poor imo.
I think we sold Tomkins because he wanted to play regularly. He only played as often as he did last season because he filled in at RB on a number of occasions. He was behind Reid,Ogbonna and sometimes Collins as first choice for the CD spots so it made sense to let him go as he wouldn't have been happy playing only when injuries or suspensions forced our hand. I've also heard that he wasn't particularly comfortable playing at RB because he felt his natural position was in the centre.

I'd have been more than happy, as I think most of our fans would, to have kept him in the squad. But if what we read is true he wouldn't have been so maybe best that he moved on.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:57 am

Whiskyman wrote:
LeeWHU88 wrote:Fair play to Ogbonna and fair play to the club for going out and getting Fonte knowing we'd lose Og but does this not show how short sighted it was to sell Tomkins in the summer? We all knew Collins would be on his last legs and to go into a season with him as a cover at CB was poor imo.
I think we sold Tomkins because he wanted to play regularly. He only played as often as he did last season because he filled in at RB on a number of occasions. He was behind Reid,Ogbonna and sometimes Collins as first choice for the CD spots so it made sense to let him go as he wouldn't have been happy playing only when injuries or suspensions forced our hand. I've also heard that he wasn't particularly comfortable playing at RB because he felt his natural position was in the centre.

I'd have been more than happy, as I think most of our fans would, to have kept him in the squad. But if what we read is true he wouldn't have been so maybe best that he moved on.
My sentiments exactly.

Two questions:

How is Tomkins' relationship with Big Sam?

If Palace get relegated, is Agent Tomkins likely to want to stay in the prem? Could we get him back for £4-£5mil?
0 x

ticker

Ogbonna

Post by ticker » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:05 am

Out for the season,just as well we signed fonte
0 x

ticker

Re: Ogbonna

Post by ticker » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:08 am

Sorry just seen other thread through cider eyes feel free to move
0 x

Social Media